Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Cork Semi-Final Tomorrow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts

Cork Semi-Final Tomorrow

This could be a very tough one especially if they play as well as all reports say they did against Shels. Still winnable if we play to our best though.

Wouldnt mind a team of.....

Ryan

Kelly.....McCarthy.....Purcell......Frost

...........Gamble...........S.Tracy.........

Judge..............Quinn..............Brosnan

.....................Behan....................

Bhandarkhar in if Frost isnt fit.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Is kelly not cup tied too? I'm assuming that's why you didn't include gaffney like... I'd like to see Hynes get a run out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpin4 View Post
    Is kelly not cup tied too? I'm assuming that's why you didn't include gaffney like... I'd like to see Hynes get a run out
    Ah ya i had forgot about him being cup tied alright ....Corie Tracy at right back so.

As much as id like to see Hynes get a run i wouldn't drop Behan just after he had got his 1st 2 goals for us.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Would think Kelly is cup tied alright which is a pity.

............................Ryan.................. ..............

...C.Tracey........Purcell......McCarthy........Fr ost.....

...................Gamble...............Judge..... ..............

.......Brosnan................Quinn............... ..S.Tracey..

..................................Behan........... ...................

Lyons(doubtful but would hope he is still around)
    Hynes
    Sheedy
    White
    Coughlan
    Broughall
    Cusack

This game is definitely up for grabs for us. Cork had a great win but we have nothing to fear either. Its a cup game and you have to go out and give it a go or there is no point even showing up. If we go behind I think we could be in trouble though. I can't remember off the top of my head a game this season that we have gone behind and went on to win. We could be left pretty bare on the bench, no Gaffney, Kelly, O'Leary or O'Flynn I think.

Gamble is one yellow away from another suspension. If he picks it up here it would mean he is available for Finn Harps and then suspended for Salthill. I'd take that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Id go

Ryan

Tracy
    White
    McCarthy
    Bhandaker

Tracy
    Gamble

Brosnan
    Coughlan
    Hynes

Behan

With the sole reason to play Gamble and McCarthy so that they'll pick up a yellow each and miss Salthill.

Couldn't give a fiddlers about this as long as we're not destroyed. Saturday is much, much, bigger.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Would be nice alright to have Gamble & McCarthy out for Salthill and have their yellows reset for the last 8 games or so. I'm glad this game is on in Cork, will give the team an extra run out down there before we play them in the league away.....a game it looks like we will have to win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Would like to get one over on Cork tomorrow alright as Tommy seems to have a little obsession about us at the moment but a win would be better for confidence than anything else in my eyes. The league is all that matters. Wouldn't turn down a final though

Predicition Cork 1-2 Limerick after extra time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The team id like to see tomorrow is....

...............................................B. Ryan ................................. ...............

..........C. Tracey .............Purcell ................McCarthy ...............Frost (Bhandarkar if Frost isnt fit)

.........Judgey .............Gamble ................Yellow ........................S. Tracy

.............................Brosnan ........................Behan

Dat team should be more then good enough to upset Cork!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    A final to look forward to would be a great boost for both players and fans and i can see a sneeky 1 nil away win.
    Fail to prepare,prepare to fail--R.keane.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    1.1 halftime white gave away a penality

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Peter White is absolutely terrible id love for anyone to tell me what he has that he is playing LOI football cant pass cant tackle has no control and no pace.

Also is Barry Ryan glued to his line?

Paudie Quinn should have won us the game but chickened out of a header he then pulled out of a tackle that led to them hoofing it up the field and getting there 2nd pen.

Some nice bits of play from us but didnt do enough with it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    That's being a bit harsh on peter, there isn't a full back in LOI who would keep O'Brien quiet for a full game. I have seen him do far worse to far better players.

Thought Paudie was brilliant last night, youre right about the header but he's not a behan or o'flynn who wouldput ball and keeper into net, so can't be too hard on him. Thought he had a very good game and he was robbed in the last minute with the clearance off the line... Delighted Hynes got a game and goal. We played very well last night, we took them apart on more than 1 occasion and they couldn't live us. If we tightened up a bit at the back, id have no fears of going back down there in a few weeks.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Another big game another loss

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Thought we played very well in attack. That was the best I've seen Shane Tracey play in years, he was very creative in the middle with gamble holding. We spread the ball very well (Turners Cross being a big pitch helped) and I think with Gaffney and Kelly out wide we would have done a lot more damage. We could have won it near the end of normal time and in the first half of extratime. I said at the end of full time who ever scores in extratime that would be it because it never looked like both teams would score again. Pity two of their goals where sloppy penalties to give away. 3rd now shame as we where caught on the break going all out.

I actually didn't think Scully made many wrong decisions in his line up last night. Peter White was ripped apart but with Kelly Cup tied and Tracey out he had to fill in against a very good winger.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    I was a bit harsh alright but just sick of losing big games at this stage.

Its not just O Brien tearing him apart that has me annoyed at White he constantly made the wrong choices standing off when he should have been going in for it and always showing O Brien in towards our goal.

Paudie did play well but he really really needs to toughen up you didnt have to be a Behan or O Flynn for that header you just had to be willing to take a whack to score and every player should be able to do that you can be sure Brosnan would have tried it. Then he pulled out of a tackle in Corks box that led to them getting it down the field for the second penalty.

Time to just move on now though at least we will have Kelly and Gaffney when we go down there again.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Thought it was as bad as Peter White has ever played in a Limerick shirt (even including his early days when he was generally iffy) but he hasn't played properly in AGES either. Ridiculous to dismiss him as a senior player after one bad game but he did very little right.

Overall, while it's disappointing to lose a semi-final there was no shortage of positives to take last night and I am going to focus on them instead. Should we lose Saturday I may be less charitable! :P
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Thought it was as bad as Peter White has ever played in a Limerick shirt (even including his early days when he was generally iffy) but he hasn't played properly in AGES either. Ridiculous to dismiss him as a senior player after one bad game but he did very little right.

Overall, while it's disappointing to lose a semi-final there was no shortage of positives to take last night and I am going to focus on them instead. Should we lose Saturday I may be less charitable! :P
    Like i said i was harsh as was still annoyed after the loss but he has been awful in more then one game ive seen this year.
    Definitely positives to take and still have Shaun Kelly and Gaffney back for Saturday who are very good players.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Like i said i was harsh as was still annoyed after the loss but he has been awful in more then one game ive seen this year.
    He was TERRIBLE last night, no argument there. He's not gotten any kind of a run of games this year and mostly pushed into centre midfield when we have seen him though so I have a level of sympathy for him. His head seemed to drop last night too. Saturday is the big one, hopefully we can build on the performance last night anyway.

One thing that did puzzle me last night was that as the game wore on Paudie Quinn seemed to spend a lot of time playing ahead of Denis Behan which totally baffled me. Obviously the missed header was the best illustration of this.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    He was TERRIBLE last night, no argument there. He's not gotten any kind of a run of games this year and mostly pushed into centre midfield when we have seen him though so I have a level of sympathy for him. His head seemed to drop last night too. Saturday is the big one, hopefully we can build on the performance last night anyway.

One thing that did puzzle me last night was that as the game wore on Paudie Quinn seemed to spend a lot of time playing ahead of Denis Behan which totally baffled me. Obviously the missed header was the best illustration of this.

True i suppose i shouldnt really be judging him from the games he has played in midfield.

I was saying the same to someone lastnight about Paudie maybe it was just a case of Denis getting tired and not being able to keep up with play.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    white was way off the pace alright,he seems to be a player short on confidence,looks lost really ,which is understandable given he,s now only a bit part player in the current setup.quinn should have won it.thought gamble and cummins the best players on the pitch.