Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: LDMC Team

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

LDMC Team

Ok we are all going on about the LDMC rule that is stopping junior players giving LOI a go but who do we want. Lets pick a team of under 30's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    What the hell are you babbling on about?
    The junior players that would be food enough to come up and play EL are the likes of Brian Buckley, David Wall, Brian Lawlor....take your tablets man.
    And I'd rather have a bench of over 30's rather than no bench at all, as which has been the case.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    1.Alan Johnson (Ballynanty)
    2.Paddy Mitchell (Pike)
    3.Keith Fitz (Balla)
    4.Brian Buckley (Fairview
    5.Barry Heffernan(Fairview) (Physio)
    6.Kevin McCarthy (View)
    7.Jason Purcell (View)
    8.Brian Lawlor (Boro)
    9. Paul Harman (View)
    10.Robbie Kelliher (View)
    11.Tommy Barrett( View)

Subs
    12.Davey Wall (View)
    13.Tom Daly (balla)
    14.Eoin Lynch (View)
    15.jASON oçONNOR (bORO)
    16.James Foley (Charleville)

I dont think the likes of Jason Purcell ...K. Mccarthy or oçonnor would even considered it...good side though....I heard young Kelliher is considering moving to Limerick...Buckley has turned them down apparantly

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    what am i babbling on about! it's a simple question you fool!
    judging by your selections "who are food enough ....." they must the only players names you know because no way are they the 3 best players in town apart from Buckley and the reason i said under 30 is because players over 30 would not have any interest and aren't teams suppose to be planning for the further

GK - A Johnson - Ballynanty / O Lynch - Fairview
    Def - K Fitzgearld - Ballynanty
    Def - P Mitchell - Pike
    Def - B Buckley - Fairview
    Def - B Heffernan - Fairview / T Daly - Ballynanty
    Mid - P Harmon - Fairview
    Mid - D Phelan - Pike
    Mid - R McMahon - Ballynanty
    Mid - A O' Keefe - Janesboro / D Leo - Ballynanty
    Att - T Butler - Ballynanty / R Kelleher - Fairview
    Att - T Barrett - Fairview / J Foley - Charleville

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I'm not about to get in to a slagging match with you, but for your information, I know the junior scene quite well, and go to games every sunday. In my opinion, which I am entitled to, by the way, only Buckley, Brian Lawlor, Ray Mac, Kelliher and David Wall would be able to step up. None of the rest of them would be good enough.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    fair enough Joesoap but to leave Harmon, Phelan, Barrett and Fitzgerald out of your list shows your lack of knowledge of the league.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The squad

And what about any other players from maybe the Clare/Kerry/Desmond Leagues?

Anyone know of any talent from them?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The Clare Oscar Traynor Keeper Radu Sculc ...might have got the surname wrong...He plays with Avenue from Ennis...He is From The czech Republic as far as i know...excellent keeper...one of the best i have seen at both junior level and EL first division

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    In fairness Joe its a reasonable thread if only for interests sake. Since my Sunday mornings are taken up in 1B (hopefully 1A) after next season I don't see many of the premier players just know them by reputation so it wouldn't be fair to pick a team.

Just interested Joe in your comments on a few players and how you feel they've adjusted/ would adjust? For instance last season would you have even dreamt of Mick Aherne and Alan Barry playing LOI? Was Colm Heffernan in a completely different class when he played with View? As mentioned in an earlier thread the French guy playing for Galway played for Prospect this season.

Honestly I think the fall out from having no under 21's/minor team is huge. For instance I'd love to know where Finny would have ended up if he had joined Fairview instead of Limerick's U18 (could have 21's at the time). I feel he'd be still playing with Fairview (very well no doubt) if that had happened. He may not even have been included in the four you mentioned being the type of player he is. Now there's a wealth of talent coming through at U16's to minor especially at Wembley, Corbally and Fairview that should be going straight into a LOI U21's set up with a view to developing players for LOI. Sooner they get out of the junior leagues sooner they stop developing bad habits which makes the adjustment so must more difficult.

And just on a few younger players that haven't beeen mentioned already. Have ye seen the young fella Flanagan at Hill Celtic, I belive he's brilliant...haven't seen him. What about John Fitzgearld at Fairview, I believe Noel O Connor rated him highly but travel plans ruled him out of making a commitment then and was expected to sign this year but wasn't approached. Maybe and this might be way off the mark Limerick should hold trials for anyone who wants to attend at the start of the season. As you rightly point out these subs are better than no subs!

Anyway end of rant...See ye tomorrow night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy
    The Clare Oscar Traynor Keeper Radu Sculc ...might have got the surname wrong...He plays with Avenue from Ennis...He is From The czech Republic as far as i know...excellent keeper...one of the best i have seen at both junior level and EL first division

He was on trails with Sligo rovers and everybody broke down laughing at him when he played. Totally useless, and was taken off after about 15 minutes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backodanet
    fair enough Joesoap but to leave Harmon, Phelan, Barrett and Fitzgerald out of your list shows your lack of knowledge of the league.
    Harmon...tried it before when he was fitter and better and wasn't up to it then. Sniffer wouldn't have the temperament. He can't hack getting kicked in junior football....he certainly won't like the likes of Wesley Charles doing it to him. He'd get too many red cards. Tommy Barrett, yeah, I'll give you him, but I think Wall is a better goalscorer, and I don't know enough about Keith Fitzgerald to comment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Tomas MacDohmnaill (spelling) is a player that should be signed from the Desmond League. He plays in the centre of midfield for Newcastle West A in the Premier League. He's only about 19, very good technically and he's also a workhorse to boot. If he was coached at LOI level he could be a great prospect.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    Tommy Barrett, yeah, I'll give you him, but I think Wall is a better goalscorer,
    barrett has twice as many goals even tough he has played in various positions over the season and hasn't Wall tried it up in limerick too and packed it in