Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Epl 2011/2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts

Epl 2011/2012

Not too far away now. I see that Aston Villa look likely to sign Charles N'Zogbia from Wigan. In my opinion he is a far superior player to Stuart Downing, also slightly younger and definitely less expensive. I suppose Liverpool went for Downing to compliment Andy Carroll, as he does send in a lot of decent crosses.

Ferguson has denied any approach for Sneijder, saying that there's no real interest for many reasons...I'd love to hear some of them because, to me, he's exactly what they need.

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Not pushed on N'Zogbia myself. Seems to play one good game in five. Would have preferred Ashley Young myself to Downing but all in all not much between the two of them imo. Just happy to be spending again as opposed to sell to buy. Bar the season under Jose don't think Sneijder has been anything special would prefer Modric. Utd have done well to bring in the replacement keeper and Phil Jones for the future. Ashley Young for Giggs is a good one as well.
    Last edited by KK77; 15/07/2011 at 3:46 PM.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Couldn't disagree more about N'Zogbia, think he's been incredibly consistent at Wigan and was the main reason they've stayed up the last two seasons. If Modric leaves (which he will sooner or later) it looks like being Chelsea doesn't it? He is a class act alright but Sneijder, too, would be a big improvement on what United have already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Yeah looks like Chelsea alright well from the way he has been speaking. Saw an interview with Pallister recently and he thought Modric would be ideal for Man U but at the same time while i would prefer him yes Sneijder would be an improvement. I would much prefer Downing in the Liverpool team to Nzogbia but that's a personal opinion.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Fair enough. I wouldn't really rate Downing but he'll be suitable enough for Carroll alright, and he'll give their midfield a better balance. The fact that he hasn't nailed down a place in the England team says a lot for me, considering they've been so starved of decent left sided midfielders.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    To be honest not really bothered about what he does or doesn't do for England. Not exactly many players who set the world alight in the England team who play in their regular positions most games never mind not have a place nailed down in a problem position. Out of interest does Nzogbia play regularly for France?
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Out of interest does Nzogbia play regularly for France?
    No, think he has been capped alright but certainly not regularly selected. It's amazing really as they have very few decent players who could do a job in wide areas. I know they have the likes of Ribery, Malouda and Nasri but Downing would oust any of them if he was French!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    No, think he has been capped alright but certainly not regularly selected. It's amazing really as they have very few decent players who could do a job in wide areas. I know they have the likes of Ribery, Malouda and Nasri but Downing would oust any of them if he was French!
    We'll never know!
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Wigan midfielder Charles N'Zogbia is to go on strike by refusing to train as his frustration boils over following the rejection of a £9m bid from Aston Villa.
    Lets talk about six baby

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Thought Taibi had an interesting debut for Man Utd yesterday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cfdh_edmundo View Post
    Thought Taibi had an interesting debut for Man Utd yesterday.
    Do you not rate him Edmundo? Haven't seen much of him myself. He's bound to take a bit of time to settle, young man in a new country at a massive club.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    I think he'll probably be ok in the long run, but for someone so young I do wonder if he might have a few howlers like yesterday at the start of the season.

It's always going to be difficult for a player who was born in Madrid and only ever played for his local team to move to a different culture, a different style of football and a different country at such a young age. I also think he wont benefit from the transition that Man Utd will have to make at central defence this season. I think Ferdinand is past it now and one of Smalling or Jones will displace him by the end of the season, but will De Gea have the authourity Der Saar had ? Will he able to marshall his defence as well. One problem he'll have now is word might get out that he's suspect from distance and doesnt command his box from crosses. The latter can be mitigated by getting the center backs to mop up anything in front of him, but for the former teams might start shooting from distance and there is a danger this could become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Simply put if the opposition pepper his goal with shots he's likely to conceed more goals from distance.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    778 Posts
    Title: Man U

Relegated: Swansea, Norwich and Wigan.
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Title - Man Utd
    Second - City
    Third - Chelsea
    Fourth- Liverpool

Relegated- QPR, Norwich, Blackburn

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    I'd agree with Mastermind on 1-4, but I reckon QPR, Swansea and Wigan will be the bottom three.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Even though the riots have largely died down for now, QPR-Bolton, Spurs-Everton and Fulham-Everton will probably be postponed, possibly West Brom- Man United also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cfdh_edmundo View Post
    I think he'll probably be ok in the long run, but for someone so young I do wonder if he might have a few howlers like yesterday at the start of the season.

It's always going to be difficult for a player who was born in Madrid and only ever played for his local team to move to a different culture, a different style of football and a different country at such a young age. I also think he wont benefit from the transition that Man Utd will have to make at central defence this season. I think Ferdinand is past it now and one of Smalling or Jones will displace him by the end of the season, but will De Gea have the authourity Der Saar had ? Will he able to marshall his defence as well. One problem he'll have now is word might get out that he's suspect from distance and doesnt command his box from crosses. The latter can be mitigated by getting the center backs to mop up anything in front of him, but for the former teams might start shooting from distance and there is a danger this could become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Simply put if the opposition pepper his goal with shots he's likely to conceed more goals from distance.
    De Gea is a very good shot stopper. I think he just got caught out for the 2nd goal and was left a bit flat footed. He also tries to catch instead of punch (which I like to see) so he should cope with the PL no bother. He lacks experience but over time he'll be able to bark orders and command his box with the best of em. Ferdinand only plays in 50% of PL games because of injuries so I agree he is on the way out. Smalling (who might start at RB for a while) and Jones are more than capable of filling in. The defence and attacking options for United are top notch. Central midfield however (like Ireland) is the main problem area.

Man Utd will walk the league unless Chelsea bring in a couple of big guns before the August transfer window.

Champions: United
    2nd: Chelsea
    3rd: Man City
    4th: Arsenal

Relegated:

Blackburn
    QPR
    Wigan
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

You'll NEVER beat the Irish.......you'll just draw with us instead!!!

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    1 - manure Utd
    2- Chelsea

Norwich to get a top 10 finish
    Everton to get into Europe

Blackburn to be relegated
    And Villa might also be in trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Can't wait for the season to start! Excited!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    It started. In March. We're half way through.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast