Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pull limerick out

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry pull limerick out

I think at the end of the season it would be time to pull limerick out of the league. They are an embarrassment to the people of Limerick and an embarrassment to junior soccer around Limerick, they have no squad so what is the point of having them in the league when they are going to finish bottom every season and they have no support

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i agree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    pull out stinkin ramblers more like and give ucc or tralee dinamos a proper whack at it
    j'accuse!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobhrambler 16
    i agree
    Gob****e. And what point is there to Cobhs existance? At least Limerick get a Cup run once in a while, and made the play-offs last season. The City of Limerick will get their act together someday and Cobh will be left behind. ****in' islanders what?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Great to see that we all hate Queenstown!!!

That said l.f.c....'s point is a valid one, but only if the current club is kicked out and a replacement for Limerick is found that services the same area. This would solve the problems off the pitch, and could be the way we could wrestle control away from the three stooges.
    "Anyone who's Soapy should be flushed and anyone who's a Deserter should be shot."
    - John Purcell (Limerick FC Commercial Manager), February 2004

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I think it would be a disaster if Limerick pulled out of the league as it would be if Cobh there is always good rivalry between limerick and cobh and these games are always lively.

Keep both Clubs in there to keep some intrest in the league down in the south.

Both Clubs are going through a rough patch but they will bounce back as they always do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by l.f.c......
    finish bottom every season and they have no support
    Well, the first part is incorrect anyway. Obviously you didn't sit on a bus for 14 hours last year to Derry and back. The second part is sadly true. But only if you judge by quantity and not quality.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Once in a blue moon I make an appearance and its usually when someone says something stupid. Now I know that we are having a poor season especially when you consider the previous season and what transpired before the start of this so I can understand the frustration and anger and hence why the following was said...
    "I think at the end of the season it would be time to pull limerick out of the league. They are an embarrassment to the people of Limerick and an embarrassment to junior soccer around Limerick, they have no squad so what is the point of having them in the league when they are going to finish bottom every season and they have no support"

If we were to pull Limerick out out of the league then the club would be gone for good. People seem to be of the opinion that pulling Limerick out is the ideal option. I don't think this would work, it would take a few years to put the proper structures in place as well raise finance and it is highly unlikely that the FAI would hold a place for us until we were ready to re-enter the league. There are junior clubs throughout Ireland who would jump at the chance to take our place. In recent years we have seen how Kildare County has grasped its opportunity. Regardless of what is going on with the club and committee it is important that we retain our status as a member of the Eircom League. At the moment it is one of the few strengths that the club has.

I dispute the fact that Limerick has no support, what are you and I and everyone else who posts here and attend matches, we are supporters. We may be few in number but we all know the potential support out there as witnessed at the Kildare and Derry City home matches last season. The size of the squad is disappointing in regards when we get hit by suspensions or injuries or offering us options of tactical change during a match. I much prefer that we keep a small squad instead of arriving half way during the season and being unable to pay players. If that were to occur the players would have gone on strike and I was told that by a player before the season began. But to be fair to Mike Kerley, yes we have a small squad but efforts have being made to sign players as mentioned in another thread in the Limerick FC forum. There are a number of players in the LDMC that we could sign but we all know the reason why they won't. If those players are unwilling to take a chance and make a success of themselves then are they really the type of players that we want, I think not. While it is disappointing that we will probably finish bottom this season it really is no excuse for pulling Limerick out of the league. Limerick FC is my team and I'll support them through the good and bad times, I'm not interested in jumping on the bandwagon when they do well. Nobody ever said being a football fan is all well and rosey, you should read Tim Park's "A Season With Verona", it captures exactly what being a fan is all about and it may help renew and re-energise your relationship with Limerick FC.

The weakness of this club is the committee and the directors of JRM Sports Ltd, while I would recognise the fact they want to see the club succeed I would question their capability amd committment to achieve this aim. I know that it will sound hypocritical coming from me but I feel the Supporters Club need to examine what it is doing about this. I think the only way we can see things develop in regards the club licence we have to exert as much pressure as possible whether it is lobbying the three lads or issuing press releases to the media. The Supporters Club need to identify what the the exact problem(s) is and devise a strategy to achieve the best possible solution. I know the Supporters Club is doing great work in regards jerseys and fanzines etc, which upstages the committee, but I think we need to get more proactive on that front. Whatever is happening on and off the field, withdrawing the club from the league would be a mistake and cannot be considered as an option. On Blue Day the committee should get together to discuss issues and where we are progressing. I would like to get more involved if possible rather than just watching the matches.
    Limerick 37, its so shiny and new we dare not take the cover off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Nempton ..... Great response there fella ..... you have totally shown up the first post for its shallow knee-jerk reaction to the current situation. All your points were valid and well made. Nice one !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by l.f.c......
    I think at the end of the season it would be time to pull limerick out of the league. They are an embarrassment to the people of Limerick and an embarrassment to junior soccer around Limerick, they have no squad so what is the point of having them in the league when they are going to finish bottom every season and they have no support
    The very fact that you refer to Limerick FC as 'they' and not 'we' says it all, but something will have to be done VERY soon to stop the present shambles.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Nempton...you say that the Junior players are unwilling to play for Limerick because of the 18 month rule and also cos they are doing so badly...I know for a fact that not one of the Fairview or Ballynanty players were asked to sign with Limerick maybe with the exception of Dave Dunphy and they are without the 2 best Junior teams in Limerick...Waterford showed a bit of interest in Brian Buckley but ultimatley nothing Materialised...surely if Waterford can show an interest...Limerick could also make anapproach...They cant just expect Junior Players to go up and say "can i play with ye "Give Junior players a bit of credit...im sure if a lot of them were asked they would give it a go

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Clownboy, when referring to the junior players I based my point on information I got from other fans here in regards to recent times and at the start of the season. To clear up I never made reference in my post to Limerick's poor performances as a deterrent which stopped junior players from signing. What I was specifically getting at, for some junior players, there is a fear that if they joined Limerick FC and failed to make an impact, they would be unable to return to the junior grade until a certain period of time. I asked the question do we want players who doubt themselves and their ability to cut it at senior level to join the club in the first place.

Now I've no reason to doubt you when speak about players from Ballynanty and Fairview not being approached so fair enough. However I don't agree with the idea that just because Waterford was looking at Buckley then we should automatically sign him up. That shouldn't be the basis for signing players. I'm sure if a lot of junior players were asked then they would possibly sign up but I doubt if they would posess the ability to be good enough at this level (with this point I acknowledge that there are a few current players in the Limerick FC squad who are not up to scratch). While junior teams like Ballynanty and Fairview are successful which is great for Limerick, it doesn't mean that these players are excellent. For the past few years there has been constant talk about Buckley and how the club should sign him. I've no doubt that he has been checked out on a number of occasions but we have never signed him. Waterford checked him out but didn't sign him, that suggests to me that he might not be considered good enough at a higher standard. Its easy to debate about the junior players and I'm sure there are a few who will disagree with me about what I've said. In reality though I feel that there are only a small number of players throughout the junior scene that would be capable of stepping up to the next level. Ideally though and I feel strongly about this that Limerick needs a good underage system which could filter players through to the senior squad. Only a couple of years ago Noel O'Connor in his capacity as underage coach was poaching the best players from different clubs and bringing them to Limerick FC. All I can say is that it is a good thing that it is a requirement in the club licence to have an underage set up.
    Limerick 37, its so shiny and new we dare not take the cover off.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dancinpants
    Gob****e. And what point is there to Cobhs existance? At least Limerick get a Cup run once in a while, and made the play-offs last season. The City of Limerick will get their act together someday and Cobh will be left behind. ****in' islanders what?
    at least we've a team for last nights game against Bray in the Carlisle grounds, Limerick brought only 11 players. They couldnt make any subs and played their sub goalkeeper up front ...

then i saw the goals from their game against Finn Harps at the weekend on TV3 last night. Harps appeared to be wearing their white away kit, while Limerick had what looked suspiciously like Harps home kit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    glad you find this all funny, you ignoramus.I suppose the history of Cobh Ramblers FC is indeed covered in glory.Trophy after trophy, players dying to sign for the beloved ramblers.I doubt it.A european adventure for a ramblers player would involve 2 weeks in Santa Ponsa or else having to join Cork City.
    Limerick FC are struggling....no doubt....but we'll be back, stronger than ever, because unlike the likes of you, Limerick people are proud of their teams no matter what, and don't have a yellow stripe down their backs...

League cup semi final v Bohs btw...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobhrambler 16
    then i saw the goals from their game against Finn Harps at the weekend on TV3 last night. Harps appeared to be wearing their white away kit, while Limerick had what looked suspiciously like Harps home kit.
    Does your name refer to the average age at Cobh games, the average number or the average IQ?

Well spotted on the jersey front. You may be interested to know that Harps used the Pike Rovers jersey when they played in Limerick as well. Apparently for the referees our blue jersey has too much white and their away white jersies have too much blue. That's referees for you. So don't get too smart.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Nempton...I agree in some things that you are saying like u dont want players who are not prepared to take a chance ...and not to ask buckley just because waterford did but lets face it ...Limerick are signining players from the Desmond and Kerry Leauges which are even below Junior soccer in Limerick...plus there are players playing with Limerick that would not get on on a top Junior Team at the moment,...eg Frank Browne...He could not get on the boro team last season...fair play to him for playing at the highest level he can ...(and done ok when i saw him ) but the fact is having played with and against the likes of Frank Brown Mick Aherne and Alan Barry who have all done fairly well well with Limerick ...I can honestly say trhat there are better players playing Junior soccer if only asked would give it a shout...but these players can not expect to be asking Limerick"Can i play with ye "thats like kids playing on the street...i think that the least Limerick could do is ask some of these players to sign especially when they have to play a keeper outfield...starting with Buckley who in my opinion would do well with Limerick especially the present team as they are so Lacking in defence with John white paul finnuucane and young stevo the only defenders up to it at LOI level

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I don't think you're getting the point-18 month ban rule as imposed by LDMC-.Players aren't going to risk not being able to kick a ball for 18 months if something goes wrong. Plus half of these guys are getting paid as much, if not more to play junior soccer.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I am getting the point i know about the rule and how stupid it is...What i am saying is why not at least ask these guys ...i have spoken to a few of them personally and they were not even approached ...My point is how do u know that they wont play if they are not asked...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I agree with you about the approaching of players. I brought this up in another post. I beleive Mike is not strong enough a personality to make these guys want to play, and doesn't seem too bothered by the fact either.And while we're at it, the club is not an attractive prospect for anyone at the moment, let alone prospective signings...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    I beleive Mike is not strong enough a personality to make these guys want to play, and doesn't seem too bothered by the fact either.
    Would you kindly lay off Mike Kerley. The man performed miracles last season with f all money and the bare bones of a squad. Granted i dont agree with some of his decisions on the pitch this season but whats all this not strong enough personality,doesnt seem too bothered crap? Just what exactly has he to offer all these superb junior players which are apparently choking limericks streets? The oppourtunity to drive themselves to dundalk or monaghan on a wet wednesday wit the occasional couple of euro for their troubles and oh yeah if the club goes belly up at the end of the season (which lets face it lads is a distinct possibility) no more football for them for twelve months due to the ban. The problem here lies with the ldmc and our woeful excuse for a commitee not Mike Kerley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast