Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pull limerick out

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    To get back to the point of this thread I think it would be disastrous if Limerick were to pull out of the league. We don't finish bottom every season (Kilkenny City usually take that honour) and if things were better organised off the field we'd perform better on the field, attract a few more fans based on that and so on and so forth.

The decision to scrap our U-21 set-up has really come back to haunt us this year. Going to any match with 11 players is an absolute disgrace. If we had an U-21 team we could have pulled 5 of them along for the ride on Monday night. They may not have been top-class but they would have been bodies and the experience would doubtless stand to these fictitious players also. Even if players like Delaney and Jauny had been retained it would have given us some more options.

Go out of the league now and we'll probably never get back in. That's not the way to go. That said we're threading water at best at the moment and unless the powers that be can change that we're not going to improve ourselves. We may have the odd good year like last year but the club will not progress if it continues along the same route. Any club who has to travel to games with 11 players is aiming to finish last. So there can't be any great surprise that that's where we're languishing this year. We have a number of exceptionally talented players at the moment but they can't do it alone.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Agreed, SLK. Good post. I would like to point out that I have nothing against Mike Kerley as was alluded to in earlier posts. But I am in no doubt that everybody could be doing more,management, committee and supporters included. I personally believe that Mike still has a lot to learn about management, and we're suffering in the recruitment area most as a result.In his first season, Mike inherited a large, good squad. The success it achieved was a great credit to him, but also the reason we lost so many players. His inability to trawl the eircom league, and other leagues apart from the Kerry League to recruit disappoints me. I merely think that he is too meek, softly spoken and not a great seller of the club to prospective players.Thats his personality, so be it. I don't have issues with it, but I just think its a drawback for the club at times.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation That famous rule

I think youve hot the nail on the head there jS. Kerley needs to point out that playing EL with Limerick "is" and "should" be a great experience and one that doesn't come around too often. Im not for laying all the blame on him as there are many other people that can help him carry that cross but I cant stop myself from going back to previous posts about recruiting players.

There are alot and I mean alot of potential EL players both in the city and surrounding county. I know the LDMC has the famous rule that weve talked about here for yonks but until that rule is abolished (proper order!!) then maybe outside the city is the place to be looking? The county league or Desmond league is a rich source of budding talent AND as far as I'm aware they have NO such pathetic rule therefore eliminating players worries about signing back down. There are 3 to 4 top clubs out there who have players that would easily make the grade.

Lets be totally honest here, its not a million miles away. Dont want to sound too blunt but its alot closer to go out the road and see whats there than the distance he travelled to Harps with only 11 players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Foot.ie!

Agree with Joe on this. It was the Players that brought the success to Limerick last year assisted by good Management from Mike.

Heard today about trouble on the Bus on Mon night coming back from Bray. It seems that the Players had to pay for their own food. This is a disgrace to the likes of Paul etc who have laboured under the current regime

Also we nearly started the game with 9 men as Mernagh and Keogh just arrived in time for the Kickoff. We ARE the LAUGHING STOCK of the league.We will be all season.

We need immediatley to appoint a FULL TIME Commercial Manager to get some funds into the club to strengthen the panel. I, for one, am SICK of whats happening to OUR club. We dont have a Commercial Manager at the moment (FACT!). Personally I think Mike should resign on a point of Principle to highlight the disgraceful situation we are in.One Player has already been on to the PFAI for assistance.

The Players are paid peanuts and even have to Fork out for their own food (If you can call what Supermacs sell that)!. How low do we have to go?

JohnD
    "How Can you lie there and think of England when you don't even know who's in the team"-- B.Bragg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Pretty soon we'll be at rock bottom John....then thankfully theres only one way we can go!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

hea shannonsider69

please state your sex? lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353
    please state your sex? lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    Pretty soon we'll be at rock bottom John....then thankfully theres only one way we can go!!!
    The only problem is that each time we hit rock bottom we think its rock bottom and it turns out that there's another level down.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC in Exile
    The only problem is that each time we hit rock bottom we think its rock bottom and it turns out that there's another level down.
    Agreed, but can you ever remember it being this bad?? 11 players for league games, attendances of less than 100, no money in the bank, and Larry, Dick & Mo as the leaders of our committee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    Agreed, but can you ever remember it being this bad?? 11 players for league games, attendances of less than 100, no money in the bank, and Larry, Dick & Mo as the leaders of our committee.
    No, I can't - but that doesn't mean it can't get worse. Kerley is considering his position.

By the way who are Larry, Dick and Mo. Don't tell me that Tom, Dick and Harry and Larry, Curly and Mo have got mixed up again!
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I am amazed he has stuck with the 3 Stooges for so long. He is a good Manager that would be looked after in any club. I expect him to go if we dont get a result on Sat.

Stooges Out !!!

JohnD
    "How Can you lie there and think of England when you don't even know who's in the team"-- B.Bragg

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD
    The Players are paid peanuts and even have to Fork out for their own food (If you can call what Supermacs sell that)!. How low do we have to go?

Surely you don't expect the club to pay for the grub that the players eat?? I travel to most Harps games, and frequently meet the players on the way home, where they pay for their own food. I'd be very surprised if Harps paid for our players food...hungry c***s that they are

I'm shocked at the state of affairs at Limerick at the moment. 11 players for the game the last night. What happens if a player gets injured or suspended? I'd hate to think that an eL team would start a game with 10 players

I've always enjoyed my trip to Limerick, we always get a nice reception down there, nice group of supporters. Fair play to you for sticking by YOUR club. The good times will return to Limerick. Remember, you have to endure the bad times to enjoy the good.

Good luck with your situation from Ballybofey
    Finn Harps Dot Com
    www.finnharps.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harpskid
    Surely you don't expect the club to pay for the grub that the players eat?? I travel to most Harps games, and frequently meet the players on the way home, where they pay for their own food. I'd be very surprised if Harps paid for our players food...hungry c***s that they are
    We're talking about a poxy burger and chip from supermacs here, not Fillet Mignon and a nice chianti. Its always been the way that a meal is bought for the players after away games....now we can't afford to go to Supermacs...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    GUFC players get all there food paid for on away trips and they don't stop in any take-aways !!!!!!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    a few things you could all do:

if one or a few of you have a pc/printer make some A4 posters with all the info etc. im not talking full colour, just black and white telling people about the match.

start a stooges out chant at the next match? couldnt hurt
    Plastic Paddy, Davros, A Face,
    excuse my first 25 posts, thats not what I'm really
    like.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12