Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Read your artcile Ox!

Very informative and certainly brought back a lot of happy memories. Some fine photos too.

I was interested in you saying that the main reason for moving the match to Dublin was concerns over pitch invasions. I don't remember this being mentioned at the time. Do you have any more insights you can give us?

Thx,

The Voice
Looking forward to reading it. I reckon the pitch invasion thing comes from a quote in the Leader from Michael Webb (then Chairman).

It reads "Despite the heavy loss certain to be sustained, the chairman defended their action in taking the match to Lansdowne Road. "Had the game followed a similar pattern at Thomond Park i.e. Johnny Matthews having a gola disallowed and some dubious decisions by the officials, there would almost certainly have been an invasion of the pitch and this could have resulted in us being fined heavily by EUFA (sic) as well as being banned from future competitions" he declared".

Seems a bit of post-rationalisation to me. The motive was to earn money and it backfired. Unless Mr Wenn foresaw that we were going to get robbed. In the following paragraph he says that if Limerick qualify again they will play in Limerick. Hardly concerned about invasions then.

Well done, Ox. More profile for the Blues.