Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: What are we called

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

What are we called

Had an interesting convo with a very respected person of Limerick FC tonight and something came up. i jsut want you to give your honest opinion of what we are actually called. our title is Limerick FC. So what does this mean? is it Limerick City Football Club? Limerick United Football Club, Limerick Athletic Football Club? what does Limerick FC mean? im going to leave this untouched thill wednesday untill a few people reply. again Limerick FC means what??
    Last edited by gael353; 20/06/2004 at 6:23 PM. Reason: just do it

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quite simple really

Quote Originally Posted by gael353
    Had an interesting convo with a very respected person of Limerick FC tonight and something came up. i jsut want you to give your honest opinion of what we are actually called. our title is Limerick FC. So what does this mean? is it Limerick City Football Club? Limerick United Football Club, Limerick Athletic Football Club? what does Limerick FC mean? im going to leave this untouched thill wednesday untill a few people reply. again Limerick FC means what??
    If the clubs name was Limerick United Football Club the name would be Limerick United FC same for the others but it ain't its Limerick Football club plain and simple.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Its Limerick Football Club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353
    Am I missing something. Do you mean there might be a hidden word in there. Maybe it's Limerick City Football Club but the C is silent.

The other two are correct.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

here it is

couldn't wait till wednesday, of course lads you all have football brains and not footballs for brains. i was talking to this person anyway who shall stay in the backround untill this is cleared up. i asked why our name, (as i thought it) Limerick Football Club wasnt on the front of the programme? instead of all this limerick fc about 5 times. i was told no, our name is Limerick FC! I said that FC was the abrieviation (spelling i know) for football club and that is what we are called but no...he wasnt having it our name is "Limerick FC Football Club." i replied that if thats the case our name is Limerick Football Club Football Club! he replied yes thats it. "thats why everywhere you see our name we are called Limerick FC and not Limerick city and so on. i said i understand all that but surely.......it wasn't getting true so i went outside had a good scream and wondered why on gods earth im trying to promote and support this club. which by the way is called Limerick Football Club Football Club....and its officail! i s*$t you not. you can start guessing ow on who it is but christ this is sad!
    Last edited by gael353; 21/06/2004 at 3:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Thank you for that Gael 353 353, I'm sure sadloserkid kid, LFC In Exile In Exile and myself Joe Soap Soap are all delighted we support Limerick Football Club Football Club

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    You never know now, there is a club in Longford called FCFC I think......
    Celebrating 130 Years of Athlone Town Football Club - Pride of the Midlands Since 1887

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Blues

And what are ye called? PLONKERS PLONKERS??