Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 184 of 184 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184
Results 3,661 to 3,666 of 3666

Thread: LOI in Europe 2011

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    I go to Shelbourne games all the time. I'm in Dublin nearly every weekend, my da's paralysed from a stroke so I come home a lot to help out with him but even before that I would plan my trips home around Shels games.

You might call it running down the league but it's the reality. The facilities are poor, the players are second rate who run off to a League Two club the first chance they got. The fault lies with the Irish soccer 'fan' and that's the be-end and end-all, but we all share those frustrations. Don't get me wrong Tolka is a dump but I love the place and it holds great memories but I'm not blind to the major failings of the league and the people who run it and just say what I think about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    If you want to run down the LOI, you're preaching to the converted on here.

If you want to run down what we've done in Europe this year, you're on your own.
    NL 1st Division Champions 2006
    NL Premier Division Champions 2010
    NL Premier Division Champions 2011

Keep Tallaght Tidy, Throw your rubbish in the Jodi

Ten Years Not Out

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    I use to have a car it was a Fiat it was in bits and the missus was always on about me to get rid of it but every day i took it to work and every day a bit more fell off or something else went until it was a death trap.but i refused to listen until it was two late and i had a smash on the way home one day, now i could blame the manufactuor or the guy who services my car but there is only one person to blame , the missus and maybe the fai.
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TiocfaidhArmani View Post
    I go to Shelbourne games all the time. I'm in Dublin nearly every weekend, my da's paralysed from a stroke so I come home a lot to help out with him but even before that I would plan my trips home around Shels games.

You might call it running down the league but it's the reality. The facilities are poor, the players are second rate who run off to a League Two club the first chance they got. The fault lies with the Irish soccer 'fan' and that's the be-end and end-all, but we all share those frustrations. Don't get me wrong Tolka is a dump but I love the place and it holds great memories but I'm not blind to the major failings of the league and the people who run it and just say what I think about it.
    Look say what you want about the loi - this is the right place and most of us recognise it's failings. If you're nice about it you might even get a reasoned debate. Speaking of which; are you still denying rover's el campaign has raised the league's profile?

But what's frustrating is saying that, then without hint of irony defending celtic. Conveniently ignoring failings of theirs and the scottish league in general.

And we all know the irish soccer 'fan' is fickle as feck, that's why they're so susceptible to foreign plc's.

Alas, it seems it's ads like the one for mufc membership, currently on the right of my screen, that keep this place running.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passerrby View Post
    I use to have a car it was a Fiat it was in bits and the missus was always on about me to get rid of it but every day i took it to work and every day a bit more fell off or something else went until it was a death trap.but i refused to listen until it was two late and i had a smash on the way home one day, now i could blame the manufactuor or the guy who services my car but there is only one person to blame , the fai and maybe the missus.
    fixed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Much appreciated