Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Markets Field Renovations??

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Any update on the Market's Field ? I was passing there during the week and it looks like area inside the railing/gates facing Mulgrave street has been cleaned up and railing/gates look like they have been painted. It also looked like some machinery was inside the grounds also...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    There was a tractor and spreader in there. Field heavily sanded ready for the first schools rugby match

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrard1 View Post
    Any update on the Market's Field ? I was passing there during the week and it looks like area inside the railing/gates facing Mulgrave street has been cleaned up and railing/gates look like they have been painted. It also looked like some machinery was inside the grounds also...
    That section of the site, adjacent to Mulgrave St, is not part of the stadium development at all. As far as I know, all access to the stadium development has been via either Markets Field Terrace or Garryowen Road.
    If I was to hazard a guess, I'd say that area is earmarked for use by LCFE.
    Fight the good fight!

(Now with my very own account on foot.ie - How cool am I? - 15/02/07)

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    http://www.limerickpost.ie/2014/10/0...medium=twitter

Pretty big commitment from POS here. He seems remarkably confident Limerick will be in the Market's Field in 6 months.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I like the bits
    - 'The Markets Field has been bought for senior soccer, the government has made the funding available for it'
    and
    -'we're in co-operation and working with the people who's job it is to bring it to a point WHERE IT IS ACCEPTABLE TO US'
    Hope this is true!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    http://www.limerickpost.ie/2014/10/0...medium=twitter

Pretty big commitment from POS here. He seems remarkably confident Limerick will be in the Market's Field in 6 months.
    This is the third big commitment and the third time he was remarkably confident so it had better happen this time. They said they are expecting a formal announcement at the Sligo game then why not stay quiet until it was 100% then?

It will be great news if it happens but I'll wait til I see something actually happening before I get excited.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I'd imagine we are going to be looking at the Markets Field having the absolute basic requirements for a Premier License met and that will be the extent of work carried out. We will be told this is only a starting point to get us in there and more work will be done over the years. In 10 years time it will have had absolutely no further development.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    What will the arrangement be like once MF goes into operation? Will Limerick pay rent and MF run the concessions, etc.?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    What will the arrangement be like once MF goes into operation? Will Limerick pay rent and MF run the concessions, etc.?
    Of course Limerick FC will pay rent and rumours are it could be as much as they are paying at the moment.Would be very surprised if it was that high.But who knows.Hopefully its a step forward TP didn't work out as planned.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    The rent being the same or more as for Thomond thing makes no sense. Sure your chairman has been quoted as saying it'd be cheaper to play all games away and Thomond being unsustainable- so why would he be keen to see a move to somewhere even less so?
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    The rent being the same or more as for Thomond thing makes no sense. Sure your chairman has been quoted as saying it'd be cheaper to play all games away and Thomond being unsustainable- so why would he be keen to see a move to somewhere even less so?
    Originally we had been told the rent was going to be very expensive, especially for what we would be getting. It's one of the reasons so many fans have been upset with the last plans we saw. I heard no exact figures just from multiple sources that it was high. The LEDP also said the rent recieved from Limerick FC would be what pays back the loans.

We have had no solid update since the end of last year. Nothing about the costs, the plans, are there new grants, are there changes to the plans etc.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    So it sounds that it's a toss up whether you stand on the brink of a bright new dawn or staring into the abyss. Just like most LOI clubs. All the time.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    So we wait with baited breath for a formal announcement confirming our move to the markets field at the final home game v Sligo.i hope to god it all goes to plan and we bid thomond park farewell.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    The overriding theme in Pat O Sullivans program notes for tomorrow night seem to suggest it will be Limericks last game in Thomond Park according to Twitter as he thanks Thomond Park for their hospitality over the last two seasons.Surely he has concrete assurances that the markets field will be ready for March.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    It was a kinda Delia Smith effort lol.Well at least now everyone knows exactly.Ive no doubts the attendances will improve and it will be down to promoting of the MF and more importantly the teams performances on the pitch.Hope the majority of that squad will stay.Oh and ya C'mon the Rebels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Great to have it finally confirmed that senior soccer will return to its spiritual home exactly 31 years to the day that Limerick FC last graced the Garryowen venue. It's just the shot in the arm the club needed. With a proven manager and an ever improving team there should be a massive buzz and sense of optimism next March when Limerick return to the MF. It will also put a lot of pressure on the countless bar stool fans who preached for the last 31 years that they would only start following Limerick again when they went back to their spiritual home!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    I'll wait til something happens to get excited tbh.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC Blue View Post
    It will also put a lot of pressure on the countless bar stool fans who preached for the last 31 years that they would only start following Limerick again when they went back to their spiritual home!
    Is there really that many of them?

I read POS claimed Limerick needed an average attendance of 2500 to be viable. I really hope not. MF return would give a boost to numbers, but I think it would only be in the short-term, much like Thomond Park last year. Novelty factor and all. Good crowds would only be stable with good results and I really hope club admin realises that. If the team could get the kind of results they have in the last third of this season consistently, you could certainly count on getting a few more in the gate.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    2,500 is a bit optimistic. Only a few teams in the league that regularly get that and they are the teams doing very well. I would say we need to be looking at more 1,200 as a minimum crowd to keep us competitive in the league. Anything above that is a bonus and would help us push on.

I have heard loads say they haven't watched limerick since they left the markets field. It's usually bull talk. They won't bother going back when they are back there either.

A move back should give the club a good opportunity to get sponsorship in as the move should get good press and be a chance for businesses to be a part of it.

I'll believe that the markets field is actually happening when I'm standing in the ground watching our first home game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Great to see Limerick going back home, Thomand was a nice novelty but wore of after a few visits.

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast