Anyone?

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC Blue View Post
    Anyone?
    I'd be surprised if we where playing anywhere other than Jackman for the coming season. We might move in to the Markets Field midway through the season but at that stage we may as well wait for the start of the 2013 season.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    one would expect us to play at jackman,that would be the logical venue til the move to the MF........but you would never know.......?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by capello View Post
    Has the club made anybdecision.about where they will play their home matchs this season.
    The LOI fixture list has us down as Jackman Park.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by capello View Post
    Fair joke!!!!!!!
    Been known for a while now it wouldn't be the Markets Field. Since pretty much last season ended anyway. Would be nice to see some work started on it though. As is only right, most people in Limerick will believe it when they see it. No harm in it getting a move on to show the odd punters what the club is doing as regards a ground.

I think I get asked at least once a week are Limerick moving in this season, why not, and when by lads that would only go to the odd few games a season. Most people seem to be keen to get up there more regularly, but as is with a lot of people they will follow the crowd and the success and until then are still a little skeptical.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Lads, surely the club will want to get into the Markets Field as soon as possible? I think it'll be great for ye to finish this season playing there, get people used to going to the games there and even celebrate promotion there for what should hopefully for ye mark the start of a new era.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Lads, surely the club will want to get into the Markets Field as soon as possible? I think it'll be great for ye to finish this season playing there, get people used to going to the games there and even celebrate promotion there for what should hopefully for ye mark the start of a new era.
    Been told a few times they are hoping to do that.

Board picked and to be announced soon that will be over the development so thats a good step forward.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I see the front page of the Limerick Leader has a mention of the Markets Field, I just checked it out on line and they say a planning application is due in the coming weeks , now the local city councillors have 'demanded' to know why the weren't involved in pre-planning meetings and want a community centre built in the area as part of the planning!!!

Now I might be a bit bias but what the fcuk has this got to do with these councillors? Should they not be happy that there are plans to redevelop this old ground at all?

Do these councillors have a point?

It looks to me like small town politics raising it's ugly head again and these knobs are all upset because they weren't involved in the planning so dont get any credit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
    I see the front page of the Limerick Leader has a mention of the Markets Field, I just checked it out on line and they say a planning application is due in the coming weeks , now the local city councillors have 'demanded' to know why the weren't involved in pre-planning meetings and want a community centre built in the area as part of the planning!!!

Now I might be a bit bias but what the fcuk has this got to do with these councillors? Should they not be happy that there are plans to redevelop this old ground at all?

Do these councillors have a point?

It looks to me like small town politics raising it's ugly head again and these knobs are all upset because they weren't involved in the planning so dont get any credit.

No the ground would be left there to rot if we dont move in.......You would swear they would do something productive with it if we didnt get it.
    Not like having Limerick there will somehow have a negative effect on the community there.

Funny they never bothered with a community centre down there all these years now they want one there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I thought though that the club was basically going to have a community hall there. I remember the garryowen residents were behind limerick FC moving in there as opening it up to the local community was part of the original idea for the markets field.

Councillors just up to their usual trying to get their puss in the paper whenever they can. At the end of the day it's up to the LEDP and Limerick FC as to what is actually built there and up to the planning authority on whether to grant it or not.

Edit: just read the article there. My god what are they on, demanding Limerick FC build the residents of garryowen a community centre or they will basically make life difficult for limerick FC. They must think we are Manchester City. The residents have had to put up with a lot from the greyhound track when it was open an it's a disgrace there is no community centre...ah lads that's ye're job to sort out as councillors not a soccer club.
    Last edited by Jofspring; 08/06/2012 at 11:32 PM.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Total nonsense from a number of city councillors. Typical politics of course. They'd rather delay something through a manufactured sense of outrage over "lack of consultation" then get what is an abandoned aminety location used again. God forbid Limerick soccer should have a proper home and the end of licensing worries.

This is nothing new either though, it has to be said, but it never seems like there was any forward momentum on those suggestions. That indicates to me that all of this talk is just, as others have pointed out, an obvious attempt to get in on the limelight that the construction of a new stadium would bring.

Or how about this one?

“A lot of work has been carried out with the residents of Garryowen to ensure that local people’s groups are fully on board and are fully part of the whole process of relocating soccer back to the grounds.
    That's a "joint statement" from then Mayor Keven Kiely and Minister for State Peter Power. Did all that get thrown out the window after local and national elections?

It's incredibly frustrating to think that this project could be furthur delayed. I don't even have a problem with any sort of "community hall/centre" being part of the project, just the way local politicians are acting regards it.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hightackle View Post
    I see a lot of power washing going on around the outside walls of the market field today
    and so it bigins

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    It was suggested on todays irish independent that provided Limerick do gain promotion this season that the markets field will not be ready by March and Limerick could be forced to play their home games in Cork or Galway in order to secure a licence!how bizarre would that be.in what seemed to be a very well informed articlie i doubt very much that the reporter just made up this potential scenario. Why is there not more urgency in gettin the markets field up and running.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    they will ;lose a lot of support if they do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    It was suggested on todays irish independent that provided Limerick do gain promotion this season that the markets field will not be ready by March and Limerick could be forced to play their home games in Cork or Galway in order to secure a licence!how bizarre would that be.in what seemed to be a very well informed articlie i doubt very much that the reporter just made up this potential scenario. Why is there not more urgency in gettin the markets field up and running.
    No chance of getting Thomond for a little bit? Playing the first few games of the season there with big hype could be a great way to raise the profile of the club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I read through that article again.
    This just seems to be speculation on the journalist's part, and is definitely not something that anyone involved in the club or LEDP has told him. He's just going through the logistics in his head: 7 months to start of next season; no actual construction work started yet. But he probably hasn't looked at the plan details. At the presentation last year, it was suggested that phase one of the redevelopment would only take a few months. If that is the case, then the project is not behind schedule yet!
    Fight the good fight!

(Now with my very own account on foot.ie - How cool am I? - 15/02/07)

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    not too sure about the amount of work that can be done between now and the start of next season, surely the pitch needs to be re-layed and i'm pretty sure that winter is not the best time to do that also construction work goes at a snails pace during the winter months. I hope i'm wrong but I have serious doubts that we shall be paying through the turnstiles at the Markets field next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    I'd imagine if anything is to happen, it will be a fairly basic Markets Field next season. And if it's only a pitch that's the problem, a pitch can be laid in the space of a week.

Is there a chance of playing next season in Thomond do you think?
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Forced to play in Cork or Galway? My arse! They'll play where they like and it won't be a problem. You only need to have plans in this league.
    Sporting F*ck All!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L.T.F.C. View Post
    Forced to play in Cork or Galway? My arse! They'll play where they like and it won't be a problem. You only need to have plans in this league.
    That's the rule for everyone but Limerick remember!

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast