Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Markets Field Renovations??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Any movement up at the Markets Field lads. i was only walking down Careys Road Saturday night when Pat O Sullivan referenced it in his pre match address so didn't catch what he said. Is March 2012 a bit of a strecth to have it operational??

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC Blue View Post
    Any movement up at the Markets Field lads. i was only walking down Careys Road Saturday night when Pat O Sullivan referenced it in his pre match address so didn't catch what he said. Is March 2012 a bit of a strecth to have it operational??
    I heard from a member of the club that we will not be moving there for next season as It doesn't make financial sense that the club will only move there when we get premier football. ALso heard a well known bookmaker is very interested in leasing out one of the shops that the club are putting in but only if we are premier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Are there going to be many shop units in the new ground? What kind of shop is the bookmaker looking at? I hope we go in there for next season either way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    If we're in the First Division I hope we don't!!

All the buzz and the bounce of moving in will be lost fairly quick when FC Carlow and Tralee Dynamos come rolling into town.

Financial suicide.

I will qualify that by saying, ideally it would be great to move back in there for the game where we collect the First Division trophy*, make an occassion out of it.

*assuming we win the thing like.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    Financial suicide.
    Agreed

So where do people think we'll play next year

Jackman, Rathbane...or rumoured Thomond Park

1st two I wouldn't mind, prefer Jackman cos it's handier for me

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I understand 1st division crowds would not be as big but what are the thoughts on the financial suicide? I thought rent/lease from LEDP would be very cheap if anything. Are running costs expected to be excessive or something? I'm hoping we move in asap anyway if the main stand can be updated in time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harpin View Post
    Agreed

So where do people think we'll play next year

Jackman, Rathbane...or rumoured Thomond Park

1st two I wouldn't mind, prefer Jackman cos it's handier for me
    If they would not move to the Markets Field if they are in the 1st division i find it highly unlikely they would play in Thomond.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    I wouldn't mind Hogan Park to be honest. The dressing rooms are bigger which is a big plus for visiting teams. Always a good atmosphere behind the goals when the shed gets filled. Hasn't there been work done there recently too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    I wouldn't mind Hogan Park to be honest. The dressing rooms are bigger which is a big plus for visiting teams. Always a good atmosphere behind the goals when the shed gets filled. Hasn't there been work done there recently too?
    Should we really care about that though?

Agree though Hogan would be good less then 2 mins walk from me so would suit me fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    Should we really care about that though?

Agree though Hogan would be good less then 2 mins walk from me so would suit me fine.
    Big plus for home teams too. By for away teams i mean it might stop the whinging about the size of the dressing rooms as they are decent enough compared to Jackman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Big plus for home teams too. By for away teams i mean it might stop the whinging about the size of the dressing rooms as they are decent enough compared to Jackman.
    Id definitely prefer Hogan Park to Jackman even just to be away from the LDMC being honest.

Hopefully they figure out where they will be playing fas so they can get Ralph( think hes groundsman) in there to get working on the pitch..He got Jackman into very good condition for the last series of games imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Was two years ago when I was last on the pitch in hogan park and it was in very good nick so I think it could be gotten up to a very good standard very quickly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hightackle View Post

ye did not say anything when limerick went cap in hand to the ldmc looking for a place to call home.
    What has that to do with us not liking the place? And I wouldn't think bluewhitearmy was there cap in hand looking to use it, the club where. The LDMC have been well paid for the use of it also so saying cap in hand is ridiculous, if limerick got it for free that would be a different story.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    What has that to do with us not liking the place? And I wouldn't think bluewhitearmy was there cap in hand looking to use it, the club where. The LDMC have been well paid for the use of it also so saying cap in hand is ridiculous, if limerick got it for free that would be a different story.
    Nail on the head there jof. You,d think that the ldmc where letting out jackman for free. Limerick where happy to pay rent and ldmc where happy to take it. Will we see you in the markets field next year hightower ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Hogan Park is a shít hole. And the surrounding area is not exactly inviting. When you can't enjoy a game without worrying about your car being vandalised or broken in to by some scumbag, it'll be hard for many to justify going to watch a game V FC Carlow. Another thing is at least Jackman is in town, so if you want to leave the car at home you can bus it in and head for pints before and after the game. That's a big part of the enjoyment for me, and many others I'm sure. I absolutely hated Hogan Park with a passion and I personally hope we stay as far away from the dump as possible. I'd argue moving there will be even more financial suicide than moving in to the Markets because it will kill the momentum the club has built up over the last few seasons. I'd be for staying in Jackman or moving in to the Markets. Do not move out of town!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor View Post
    Hogan Park is a shít hole. And the surrounding area is not exactly inviting. When you can't enjoy a game without worrying about your car being vandalised or broken in to by some scumbag, it'll be hard for many to justify going to watch a game V FC Carlow. Another thing is at least Jackman is in town, so if you want to leave the car at home you can bus it in and head for pints before and after the game. That's a big part of the enjoyment for me, and many others I'm sure. I absolutely hated Hogan Park with a passion and I personally hope we stay as far away from the dump as possible. I'd argue moving there will be even more financial suicide than moving in to the Markets because it will kill the momentum the club has built up over the last few seasons. I'd be for staying in Jackman or moving in to the Markets. Do not move out of town!
    The only thing that makes sense to me there is Jackman being in town..

Hogan is a **** hole but then what is Jackman Park then?

As for worrying about your car i know 3 people that have had there car broken into outside Jackman so doesnt exactly have an advantage there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhitearmy View Post
    The only thing that makes sense to me there is Jackman being in town..

Hogan is a **** hole but then what is Jackman Park then?

As for worrying about your car i know 3 people that have had there car broken into outside Jackman so doesnt exactly have an advantage there.
    ...and then on the other hand, touch wood, I have never had my car broken into parked outside either Jackman or Hogan Park when we used to play there.

Both have advantages and disadvantages I suppose. I would think we will be in Jackman next season though I would say.

If we are applying for a premier license then having work started on a move into the Markets Field should be enough to secure one ground wise.

If the season is going well next year and by May/June the Markets Field was ready I would see no reason not to move in there to keep the momentum and buzz going. The ideal situation in most fans eyes though would most likely be a first game in the Premier against one of the top sides to kick off the Markets Field.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    ...and then on the other hand, touch wood, I have never had my car broken into parked outside either Jackman or Hogan Park when we used to play there.

Both have advantages and disadvantages I suppose. I would think we will be in Jackman next season though I would say.

If we are applying for a premier license then having work started on a move into the Markets Field should be enough to secure one ground wise.

If the season is going well next year and by May/June the Markets Field was ready I would see no reason not to move in there to keep the momentum and buzz going. The ideal situation in most fans eyes though would most likely be a first game in the Premier against one of the top sides to kick off the Markets Field.
    This our as LTID said it would be great to go in there for the game we get the League trophy presented.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    I also agree that Hogan park is more of a kip than Jackman and i for one would not buy a season ticket for next season if they move there.I'd pick a few games to go to and that would be that.Been a season ticket holder for the last 4 seasons.It was Limerick Fc moving there in the first place years ago that kept me away from senior football for a few years.Nothing but bad memories of that s###hole.
    "We've had a lot of good times, but you don't know how good they are until you have the bad ones" Tony Adams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    420 Posts
    To be honest i dont mind either way...

Anyone that played on both anytime recently are the pitches roughly the same size?
    Because if Hogan had a wider pitch id rather move as weaker teams used how narrow Jackman is to close us out last season.

If they are the same there is no real point in moving i suppose now that people are used to Jackman.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast