Thread: Jack Grealish

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    gas.....

I'd waited long enough. I f***ing quoted him hard. The post was there (I think). Take that you. And don't ever stand over me again sneering about strawman arguments. And tell your pal DeLorean there's some for him as well.

But seriously, yeah, I want Grealish to play for Ireland and he has proven he has a bit more about him than I, maybe, gave him credit for earlier this season. But, maybe, that's the problem when you cut straight to the thick of it.

This entire mess is indicative of his burgeoning talent.
    That was actually quite funny.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    I'm the Irish Daily Mail?

If you cannot debate without throwing insults like that, then maybe you should give me a wide berth, and save everyone the trouble of glorified slanging matches?

If I was the Daily Mail, then I would be drawing daft conclusions and I would be reactionary.
    More an observation than an insult, and not that offensive really, is it?

But you are always jumping to rash and poorly-considered conclusions. You'd nearly think you had some sort of agenda. And you are incredibly reactionary (and thin-skinned/hypersensitive). You're distrustful to the point of paranoia and always assume the worst in people; everyone's out to get you, supposedly. You scaremonger and always fear the worst will come to pass. I mean, it's good to be circumspect with a healthy dose of cynicism, but you take the biscuit. You're constantly assuming it is your business to tell people in the public eye how to act, behave or decide on particular matters that concern their lives (and not yours). On social issues, I understand you oppose recognition for same-sex marriage (without explanation; a very conservative, anti-liberal position) and recall you supporting the strict enforcement of the disastrous and knee-jerk Offensive Behaviour at Football Act in Scotland (or the introduction of tougher measures even?) during a previous discussion. You habitually shirk or deny the notion of self-responsibility and constantly blame others for matters that your own side can control if they wanted to; denying Martin O'Neill's responsibility over/ability to conclude the Grealish saga is a perfect example of that. You wallow in victimhood and are compulsively offended. You were going mad about a proposed Channel 4 comedy series based around the Irish famine before it has even been made. Generally blaming the Brits/English for this and that throughout the "say anything on your mind" thread. Then there were the derogatory comments about people with tattoos, for which you apologised after I pulled you up on them, before later accusing me of picking on you over it despite your earlier admission that you had been out-of-order. Completely contradictory. I could go on...

What can I say? You genuinely fascinate me.

As it stands, I took a position that Grealish wasn't fully committed to Ireland months before he pulled out of a squad in Autumn and, lo and behold, he wasn't fully committed. That may change. I also maintain the position that the Grealish's are not being fully transparent throughout this affair, due to comments they have made, comments MONKeano have made and things that have transpired over the last several months. I also posit that the onus is on Grealish and to place any culpability on his club manager and/or national team managers is illicit.
    Some generous revisionism going on there. You went a bit further than merely having held the positions you claim to have above all this time.

On culpability, do you deny that bringing conclusion of this situation is within O'Neill's hands? Do you deny he could issue an ultimatum tomorrow if he wanted to?

I have been pragmatic, realistic and courteous throughout the entire mess.
    Of course you have. You've been nothing but upstanding and honest throughout. I wouldn't doubt that for a second.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,333 Posts
    Thread locked, talk to me in September, or when Grealish confirms his international future, whichever comes first
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 15/05/2015 at 3:00 PM.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,333 Posts
    To clarify, there will be no other mentions of Grealish, his father, or any reported conversations between either of them and any member of the management team in the Ireland forum until September
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,333 Posts
    Aston Villa have tweeted from their official account that Grealish has declared for England: https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/sta...65586725474304
    BREAKING NEWS: @JackGrealish1 has made a decision over his international future and opted to play for England. #AVFC
    and from his own account: https://twitter.com/JackGrealish1/st...68966285963264

There's been a few stories lately that he had been going to declare for England, and previously he'd issued a denial but this time stayed quiet, so I'm not too surprised. If nothing else, the saga is over and we can all get on with our lives.

(queue two pages of "I told you so, even when I didn't tell you, I told you so")

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,358 Posts
    Close thread. Please. Close the thread.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    good luck to him but I doubt he will get even 10 eng caps.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Best of luck Jack.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    He is still ours to lose, said who, when?

obvious for a year or more now. good to fiñally put it to bed.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    570 Posts
    About time. Time to move on.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Had given up on the little ballbag along time ago. He is a talent but looks like he will be a prima donna. Let's move on and focus on Irish players who want to play for their country.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Rumors that Jonathan Barnett (his agent) had a big part in this. He said a few years ago, "If Gareth Bale had chosen England instead of Wales he would be ten times richer" (or words to that effect). Anyone know if Barnett is the agent for any other Irish players?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Can't wait for his first presser with England.

Reporter: So Jack - what persuaded you to pledge your allegiance to England.
    JG: It was a no-brainer really!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Ah well. I'd have liked if he chose us but he tore the arse out of the whole thing really. I'd like to be the bigger man and wish him the best of luck, but not wishing him the worst of luck is the best I can muster at the moment.

16. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Im not bothered really, if he had really been ours to lose like was said time and again on here then I would be. But how can you be sad or angry for something you never had? If tomorrow you told me we were losing robbie Brady to England then I would be. just some very ñaive people out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    A blessing, imo. There'd be an almighty clamour for him to be picked and this Irish side most certainly can't accommodate a player like him at the moment and I don't see that changing anytime soon. We could also do without the frenzy he'd bring.
    I like him but a Damien Duff he is not.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    The next Stephen Froggatt. Yawn.

Though MO'N is a tool for not capping him v.the Theme Park, a year ago...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,333 Posts
    thread moved.
    I'll lock it again if the comments get abusive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArdeeBhoy View Post
    The next Stephen Froggatt. Yawn.

Though MO'N is a tool for not capping him v.the Theme Park, a year ago...
    so you slag Grealish off by comparing him to Stephen froggatt and then abuse MON for not tieing him to us. makes perfect sense

22. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    thank god that's over.

Page 85 of 90 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast