Page 81 of 90 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1789

Thread: Jack Grealish

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    What should have happen.
    O'Neill should have sounded out Grealish last week privately. When he declined the call up, it was between them no one else (not even the FAI).
    When the squad was announced today, MON should have deflected questions on Grealish and remind everyone what Grealish said at the FAI awards about taking a break from international football to concentrate on Villa (a decision he respected) and say he expects to be able to consider Grealish for the senior team in Sept. End of!

That way Grealish is not being pressured into declaring, he can concentrate on Villa & the FA Cup Final and come to a decision over the summer.

2. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Grealish's dad reiterated the position he's taken all along - that Jack is unavailable for international consideration until September, and that he'd have said the same to England.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/socc...medium=twitter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Sorry I forgot. Grealish took his break from International football earlier than the FAI awards but you know what I mean.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    The England senior national team calling him up isn't even a possibility at this stage. The U-21's on the other hand? And it's not the stance they have taken all along, there lies the problem. Sure wasn't his dad supposedly saying that Jack would be playing against the U.S.A.?

His dad is a good PR man, I'll give him that. If I was Gareth Bale, I would want him as my media rep.
    Last edited by TheOneWhoKnocks; 12/05/2015 at 9:02 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    The England senior national team calling him up isn't even a possibility at this stage. The U-21's on the other hand? And it's not the stance they have taken all along, there lies the problem. Sure wasn't his dad supposedly saying that Jack would be playing against the U.S.A.?

His dad is a good PR man, I'll give him that. If I was Gareth Bale, I would want him as my media rep.
    Had the displeasure of meeting this person, a truly horrid loud mouthed uncouth person.
    (Still enough about me!)

Reminds me of one of those chavs you see on TV when they've won the lottery.
    (Which in a way he has, well for now anyhow)

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    Villa had six players called up to their victory shield provisional squad including grealish(who is eligible for under16s next season), Lewis and Graham a lad who played for us at under15s last season. Looks like we have lost out on Graham who is also a winger but I think we have the best of the deal if we keep Grealish! Graham is a tony Daley type Grealish is more of a Duff with passing ability!
    Lads this story is no different to when we started this thread in 2011. He could have left us at any time in the last 5 years(like the graham lad did, like allasani ,bamford, keane, scott and even unfortunately crowley),. They were/are all lads who had big reputations and decided after playing for us to explore other options and the best of luck to them. Grealish didnt. He would have walked into the brits side in his age group all the way up from 16s Loftus cheek, ibe and wilson the only english lads of his group who have played any bit in premier league.

Sickens me all these lads having a go at Grealish. He was not staying with us for the last 6 years cause it helped his career or because he had no other options he was as talented and outstanding at 15 as he is now. He stayed cause he obviously loved playing for Ireland and hopefully he still does despite all those apes on twitter and ybig

8. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    Lads this story is no different to when we started this thread in 2011. He could have left us at any time in the last 5 years(like the graham lad did, like allasani ,bamford, keane, scott and even unfortunately crowley),. They were/are all lads who had big reputations and decided after playing for us to explore other options and the best of luck to them. Grealish didnt. He would have walked into the brits side in his age group all the way up from 16s Loftus cheek, ibe and wilson the only english lads of his group who have played any bit in premier league.

Sickens me all these lads having a go at Grealish. He was not staying with us for the last 6 years cause it helped his career or because he had no other options he was as talented and outstanding at 15 as he is now. He stayed cause he obviously loved playing for Ireland and hopefully he still does despite all those apes on twitter and ybig
    Well said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GypsyBlackCat View Post
    I reckon he's wanting to see if he gets called up to England's U21 side for the Euro's.
    He won't be eligible to play for their under-21s until after the present under-21 competition/phase ends. He's already played for us in qualifying for this tournament, thus rendering him ineligible for them until the new phase in September.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    I know there is no loyalty or sentimentality in this sport, so I am not going to whinge about him showing no reciprocation for the loyalty and time invested in him all through the underage levels, but he needs to start showing a bit of maturity and respect, and clarify the issue in a few months time.
    So you're not going to whinge about his supposed lack of respect by, erm, whinging about his supposed lack of respect? Right... You make it sound like we're some helpless and selfless Mother Teresa-types here or something who've been just giving and giving and giving out of the sheer goodness of our hearts. Don't you realise we're indulging our own self-interest when we court him and permit the saga to continue? We've been investing time in him because we want him to consider us. He's been under no obligation to be turning up for us since aged 14 (despite the other options offered to him, as liamoo highlights); that's something tangible that he has returned that shouldn't be overlooked. He'll make his final decision in September. Leave him be 'til then. There was no need for this media circus today. Martin's said he he doesn't feel rebuffed and Noel King has been clear that he's fine with the situation too, so there's no reason for you to feel disrespected. Grealish owes you absolutely nothing.

11. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Time to draw a line under this for me. We cant continue begging this guy to play for us. We should forget it unless he contacts to say he has decided he wants to play for us. And preferably him and not his dad who seems to be getting celebrity status at this stage. For me playing for your country should be the ultimate aim for any player

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RiffRaff View Post
    Time to draw a line under this for me. We cant continue begging this guy to play for us. We should forget it unless he contacts to say he has decided he wants to play for us. And preferably him and not his dad who seems to be getting celebrity status at this stage. For me playing for your country should be the ultimate aim for any player

Who is begging? You realise he has played for us since under 15s dont you? You realise that he didnt leave to play for england at any time despite his england age group been much more likely to qualify for tournaments than us like they did at his 19s age group? You realise that he stayed with us when his teammate at villa graham who both made their debuts together at 15s left to play for england? You realise that he didnt leave to play for england when Doolin left him out of the 19s squad all last season ? The lad has done plenty for his country.You will have lots of love over on YBIG

14. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    A very measured and honest account of where Grealish is at Liamoo. Having read some of the more distasteful and hostile quotes on other sites, I feel we have many who can match OWC posters for hysteria and vitriol!

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gastric View Post
    A very measured and honest account of where Grealish is at Liamoo. Having read some of the more distasteful and hostile quotes on other sites, I feel we have many who can match OWC posters for hysteria and vitriol!
    Evening Mr G. Fancy that, anonymous trolls on the internet get hysterical. Bears sh*t, Pope Catholic etc.

I hope he turns out for your September games.

18. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    He won't be eligible to play for their under-21s until after the present under-21 competition/phase ends. He's already played for us in qualifying for this tournament, thus rendering him ineligible for them until the new phase in September.

So you're not going to whinge about his supposed lack of respect by, erm, whinging about his supposed lack of respect? Right... You make it sound like we're some helpless and selfless Mother Teresa-types here or something who've been just giving and giving and giving out of the sheer goodness of our hearts. Don't you realise we're indulging our own self-interest when we court him and permit the saga to continue? We've been investing time in him because we want him to consider us. He's been under no obligation to be turning up for us since aged 14 (despite the other options offered to him, as liamoo highlights); that's something tangible that he has returned that shouldn't be overlooked. He'll make his final decision in September. Leave him be 'til then. There was no need for this media circus today. Martin's said he he doesn't feel rebuffed and Noel King has been clear that he's fine with the situation too, so there's no reason for you to feel disrespected. Grealish owes you absolutely nothing.
    I didn't know about the under 21s thing. But maybe that's his thinking?

I agree with the second part. I was talking to a mate last night who was giving Grealish dogs abuse. I pointed out that many of the RoI played under age football for NI. His response was 'that's different'. The only difference is Grealish hasn't pick anybody yet! The lad, like the Northern Ireland lads, has the right to change his mind. We all viewed the world differently at 14 and maybe he feels more English now than Irish? Or maybe he thinks he's good enough to break into the England squad and believes it will benefit his career? Or maybe he's wondering if he should let his heart rule his head and choose Ireland?

It's annoying but what can we do? As Danny said, he owes us nothing.

20. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Dullest thread ever.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gather round View Post
    Evening Mr G. Fancy that, anonymous trolls on the internet get hysterical. Bears sh*t, Pope Catholic etc.

I hope he turns out for your September games.
    My point is that when it comes to hysteria and myopia, many OWC posters are in a league of their own!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Terrible hypocrisy and embarrassing. The British media (Birmingham Mail/Daily Mail/Mirror) have been more than happy to pick up on and report it: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spor...ealish-9244981

Quote Originally Posted by Birmingham Mail
    ‘F*** off you British c***,’ said ‏@fernando_shane.

‘f*** you ye English p****,’ wrote @SeanYeah1.

@DickensLewis posted: ‘I EXPECT YOU AT AWAY DAYS SINGING F*** THE IRA’.
    That sort of crap is a bad as the bitter sectarian bile our northern players have spewed at them.

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyBlackCat View Post
    I didn't know about the under 21s thing. But maybe that's his thinking?
    Not sure what you're getting at exactly. He could still have continued playing for our under-21s this year but played for them in September, although he's stated he hopes to be back in green in September. He could even have played in the senior game against England and still played for their under-21s in September (if that is actually his secret plan, despite his father saying that he would also ahve turned down an England call-up yesterday).

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Terrible hypocrisy and embarrassing. The British media (Birmingham Mail/Daily Mail/Mirror) have been more than happy to pick up on and report it: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spor...ealish-9244981

That sort of crap is a bad as the bitter sectarian bile our northern players have spewed at them.

Not sure what you're getting at exactly. He could still have continued playing for our under-21s this year but played for them in September, although he's stated he hopes to be back in green in September. He could even have played in the senior game against England and still played for their under-21s in September (if that is actually his secret plan, despite his father saying that he would also ahve turned down an England call-up yesterday).
    I don't myself?!!!

I know that Southgate had him watched a few times. I'm just wondering if he's keeping an open mind to a call up for the England Under21s. I'm not slating the lad, he might just feel like not playing for our under 21s and then jump ship to England's. I'm just think out loud. We just have to wait and see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    170 Posts
    My point is that when it comes to hysteria and myopia, many OWC posters are in a league of their own!
    Whataboutery alert. I take your point, but evidence suggests they're pretty much as bad as each other.

In other OWC/ NISC news, alas I've been excluded from our glamor Qatar friendly at Crewe. The plan was a supporters' coach from London which would pick me up en route at Birmingham West services. But now they're all going by expensive train so as to get blocked. Bah.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    [QUOTE=Gather round;1818670]Whataboutery alert. I take your point, but evidence suggests they're pretty much as bad as each other.

In other OWC/ NISC news, alas I've been excluded from our glamor Qatar friendly at Crewe. The plan was a supporters' coach from London which would pick me up en route at Birmingham West services. But now they're all going by expensive train so as to get blocked. Bah.[/QUOTE. I have often been very critical of the actions of OWC posters in the past for comments they have made and now that idiots are doing the same to Grealish I am mortified and embarrassed. GA, I think for once we are in complete agreement!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,315 Posts
    The debate in the thread since the announcement yesterday has been reasoned and I appreciate that, but if it veers into oneupmanship and insults, I'll lock it again until September

This is not aimed at anyone in particular, just FYI
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Page 81 of 90 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast