Page 55 of 90 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1789

Thread: Jack Grealish

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    Basically, he has to be a great player, not a good player.

What happens when the Dunphy test and the Stutts gut test collide?
    You ask Richard Sadlier, obviously
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

2. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,694 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Dare I to read into TOWK'S claim that Grealish not only declare but be a great player as well, is that if he was deemed not good enough for England, then it could be interpreted that ireland seniors would be his 2nd choice, whereas if he was deemed good enough for England but still chose ireland, then his choice would leave no doubt about his green credentials.
    But who does the deeming?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    is it not enough that i offer a possible explanation for TOWK's statement, but now you want me to answer a meaning of life questions?
    as in, who are "they"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,315 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    TheOneWhoMovesTheGoalposts
    unfortunately you can only use 15 characters in your username, so TheOneWhoMovesTheGoalposts is a few characters too long, but I like the way you're thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    You can change my name to anything you want if this lad turns out to be a top class player and declares for Ireland over England.
    There's too many subjective things in that - define "top class", is it a Premier League player? Someone who earns more than ten caps? Plays in European competition? How do we know he's declared for Ireland over England? Is there any evidence they've offered him a call up in the last 12 months?
    I've been thinking this over, how about if Grealish does play for Ireland, your signature is fixed to "I was wrong about Jack Grealish playing for Ireland, so you shouldn't take this post too seriously" for a year? Any other takers on this?

Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Now that he posted about our result and hte fact we are good enough to draw with germany and england only good enough to put 1 past Estonia, he will definitely stay with us...:P
    Come on now Paul, a real fan stands by his words. Like every GAA player ever, or all the posters on ybig.ie, or anyone who's ever gone to an Ireland game with you
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 16/10/2014 at 6:59 PM.

6. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,694 Posts
    No, there is to be no wriggle room. If JG announces his final decision to play for Ireland aged 31 having only ever played regularly as high as Northampton Town, I'll maybe give TOWK the benefit of the doubt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    No, there is to be no wriggle room. If JG announces his final decision to play for Ireland aged 31 having only ever played regularly as high as Northampton Town, I'll maybe give TOWK the benefit of the doubt
    Until then I'm voting for the SIG change.

Incidentally, what if by the time JG is 31, Northampton are a EPL side...

Never mind....
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Thats all very Noble of you guys to give Jack all that wiggle woom.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,694 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    unfortunately you can only use 15 characters in your username, so TheOneWhoMovesTheGoalposts is a few characters too long, but I like the way you're thinking
    There's too many subjective things in that - define "top class", is it a Premier League player? Someone who earns more than ten caps? Plays in European competition? How do we know he's declared for Ireland over England? Is there any evidence they've offered him a call up in the last 12 months?
    I've been thinking this over, how about if Grealish does play for Ireland, your signature is fixed to "I was wrong about Jack Grealish playing for Ireland, so you shouldn't take this post too seriously" for a year? Any other takers on this?

Come on now Paul, a real fan stands by his words. Like every GAA player ever, or all the posters on ybig.ie, or anyone who's ever gone to an Ireland game with you
    Speaking of which I tried to hook up with Paul on Tuesday but I kept getting **** and bull excuses. Was he even there?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Paul probably (true to his word) spends his time hanging out with a better class of fan.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    "Martin O’Neill gets his man as Jack Grealish commits future to Ireland"
    http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/socc...land-1.1966879

Due for a call up in the next squad, debut against USA. Relax now, folks

Good week for us!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    What is this based on? Any quotes? All I see is speculation and conjecture with absolutely no new information.

Quote Originally Posted by John Fallon
    A strong afterglow from the Republic of Ireland’s strong start to the Euro 2016 qualifying campaign is poised to burn brighter by the probable enlisting of Jack Grealish’s services to the senior squad.

The Aston Villa youngster is unlikely to feature in Ireland’s next qualifier on November 14th in Glasgow, with Martin O’Neill expected to keep faith with those players who secured a memorable 1-1 draw away to the world champions Germany, but a full debut four days later against Jürgen Klinsmann’s USA is on the cards.

As the game against the United States is a friendly, England are not completely out of the equation until the point comes that he makes a competitive appearance in a qualifier.

It’s understood that such a late reversal by Grealish is inconceivable. Ireland’s next competitive fixture after the Celtic Park showdown against Scotland doesn’t come until next March when Poland visit Dublin.

The four-month gap will afford Grealish the platform to convince O’Neill of his readiness for inclusion in a squad already top-heavy with wideman.

14. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    What is this based on? Any quotes? All I see is speculation and conjecture with absolutely no new information.
    Not sure. None of the other papers are running with it as far as I know (although a lot of journos have been quite tonight so maybe they've been frantically trying to beat the first deadline).

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    My suspicions were correct:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    574 Posts
    'Twas Michael O'Leary wot done it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
    'Twas Michael O'Leary wot done it.
    God bless that beautiful man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    574 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    God bless that beautiful man.
    Either that or he read TOWK's post earlier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    574 Posts
    If this is true then it's a pity the Gibraltar game wasn't coming up instead. That would've represented the perfect opportunity to cap young Jack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    O'Neill used the Gibraltar game to get the players prepared for the Germany game so I think he was always going to go with the established players. He could have given Brian Lenihan a run-out at 5-0 to prepare for an emergency in the Germany game, but he decided to give Meyler the time there, so I think it would have been unlikely Grealish would have played as he wouldn't have been an option for Germany. O'Neill has played this one very well I think - he's backed off and given the boy room to sort out his future and his faith has been repaid. To be fair, Trap took a similar approach with James McCarthy and he, too, proved he never had any intention of turning his back on Ireland.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Indo now reporting this too, but it does look like a rehash of The Times article. If we beat Scotland, we will probably see Noble, Kane and Crowley want to come on board. Success breeds success and with a good feel about Irish football, others will probably come out of the woodwork like Christie. TOWK will be happy, like I am!

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...-30670984.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gastric View Post
    Indo now reporting this too, but it does look like a rehash of The Times article. If we beat Scotland, we will probably see Noble, Kane and Crowley want to come on board. Success breeds success and with a good feel about Irish football, others will probably come out of the woodwork like Christie. TOWK will be happy, like I am!

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...-30670984.html
    It is a rehash - it's written by the same man. Fallon wrote the Examiner and Sun articles too, and presumably will have one on RTE tomorrow too. Freelancing.

24. Thanks From:

Page 55 of 90 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast