Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 80 of 90 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1789

Thread: Jack Grealish

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Today has been an absolute farce. The lad should have been left alone to make up his mind over the summer. Trying to force his hand has made us look like right mugs.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    What was the goal here in trying to pidgeon hole him into a green jersey against England and Scotland? It was never a proposition he could never, as a player plying his trade in England and the subject of such intense scrutiny by the English media, have accepted.

And who the f*ck leaked the news? Amateur hour again from folks within the Irish set-up (I am not blaming the management team).

Anyway, it is pretty clear that we should be kissing Grealish goodbye as one of ours. The kid is clearly not placing us first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    I don't know why this has been brought up again today. It shouldn't be an issue. He's on an international break and said he hopes to be back in September. I thought that agreement was being respected? If he goes back on his word then, OK, make an issue of it then, but it shouldn't be an issue now. Now he's being accused of "turning his back on us". Nonsense. He was placed in an unreasonable situation that was in breach of what was agreed previously. If we were going to try and bring him in now, it should never have been made known to the media/public. Now we look like we've been trying to pressure him, contrary to what was agreed, and he's won enemies up and down the country for having done absolutely nothing wrong and simply having stuck to his word. What were we expecting?

5. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    163 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    I don't know why this has been brought up again today. It shouldn't be an issue. He's on an international break and said he hopes to be back in September. I thought that agreement was being respected? If he goes back on his word then, OK, make an issue of it then, but it shouldn't be an issue now. Now he's being accused of "turning his back on us". Nonsense. He was placed in an unreasonable situation that was in breach of what was agreed previously. If we were going to try and bring him in now, it should never have been made known to the media/public. Now we look like we've been trying to pressure him, contrary to what was agreed, and he's won enemies up and down the country for having done absolutely nothing wrong and simply having stuck to his word. What were we expecting?
    i think for purely footballing reasons - i.e. o'neill wanted him in the team/on the bench for the scotland game because he thought he could make a difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsMiseSean View Post
    Today has been an absolute farce. The lad should have been left alone to make up his mind over the summer. Trying to force his hand has made us look like right mugs.
    It's difficult to know what way to handle it. I would say MON and Keane are doing about as well as could be expected in that regard.

It's pretty aggravating having to be dealing with this carry on at this juncture of a qualifying campaign.

Coming up on 8 months and there is still no decision on what country he is going to declare for. The closest we have come to getting any clarity on the issue is that he hinted at playing for the U-21 national team again in September, so he can prolong the issue further.

I know there is no loyalty or sentimentality in this sport, so I am not going to whinge about him showing no reciprocation for the loyalty and time invested in him all through the underage levels, but he needs to start showing a bit of maturity and respect, and clarify the issue in a few months time.

Either go forward with England, or stick with Ireland, and everyone will respect the decision.

If he starts playing for the U-21's again while continuing to snub the senior team, it is only going to - rightly - wind people up.

It really is a sad state of affairs that this has to be a contentious point when we are fighting tooth and nail for Euro Qualification. A decision could have been made at the awards, but we had to settle for a bit less ambiguity.

I'm getting sick of the indulgence of them and having our country's football team taking a back seat to this melodrama TBH.
    Last edited by TheOneWhoKnocks; 12/05/2015 at 4:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    http://www.independent.ie/videos/spo...-31216321.html

The "expert" view from McDonnell and Hyland.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsMiseSean View Post
    I think the media are making a mountain out of a mole hill. We called him up and he turned us down. That's the long and the short of it. In fairness I kind of see the lads point of view. He probably chose us as an easier option of playing international football but now things change. Now he has a chance to play for England and let's be honest, England have a higher profile and a better chance of playing in major tournaments. Imagine if it was club football and we were Norwich and England were Spurs. You would forgive a player for wanted to weigh up his options. This isn't any different from players from Northern Ireland deciding to play for the Republic of Ireland.

IMO I think he is holding out for England and that's the frustrating part. Most people just wish he'd give an answer. It's the waiting we can't stand. I think it's best if we move on and forget about it. If he decides in September it's us they well and good, if not, we'll move on.

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Is it fair to suggest that IF England called him up today , that Jack would have given them the same answer that he gave MON?
    My Country is My Club.

Republic of Ireland Forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um_ZvP2cUdo

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Interesting that Hyland says in TOWKs video above that if Jack commits there is a good chance Patrick Bamford will also. So it looks like we either get zero or two.
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapAPony View Post
    Interesting that Hyland says in TOWKs video above that if Jack commits there is a good chance Patrick Bamford will also. So it looks like we either get zero or two.
    these "experts" have no better idea than the rest of us as to how this will pan out

14. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    163 Posts
    if we don't beat scotland now at least we won't have people saying 'if only o'neill had called up grealish' for the match.

which will be of little comfort!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbyrne View Post
    these "experts" have no better idea than the rest of us as to how this will pan out
    It was the same with Dunphy blaming MON for not getting Harry Kane?!

Did he ever think that maybe the likes of Kane and Bamford have no interest in playing for Ireland?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    i think for purely footballing reasons - i.e. o'neill wanted him in the team/on the bench for the scotland game because he thought he could make a difference.
    Whether that be the case or not - Grealish clearly stated to all concerned that he wouldnt be returning to INTL football until september - so he should have been left well enough alone until then

It looks like we are trying to pressure him into choosing by trying to call him up now - he should be left alone until september
    My Country is My Club.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    I don't really see the big deal as far as MO'N and his management is concerned. O'Neil will call up the best players available to him and Grealish currently fits that bill. Up to him whether he accepts it or not. I personally still think he will play for Ireland.

The British media are running with this. BBC already have the headline 'O'Neil disappointed with Grealish', erm, that's not what he said...
    You've got no fans.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Right. It's done. He's going with England. I give him my blessing in the gloating knowledge that consequently, he's consigned himself to Adam Johnson's career now.... (Less the, erm, "unpleasantness".)...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeathDrog View Post
    I don't really see the big deal as far as MO'N and his management is concerned. O'Neil will call up the best players available to him and Grealish currently fits that bill. Up to him whether he accepts it or not. I personally still think he will play for Ireland.

The British media are running with this. BBC already have the headline 'O'Neil disappointed with Grealish', erm, that's not what he said...
    But the point is....jack wasn't available for selection. He said so himself. ..that he wont be back until September so he shud have been left alone till then.

I also still think he will play for us but only time will tell
    My Country is My Club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by back of the net View Post
    But the point is....jack wasn't available for selection. He said so himself. ..that he wont be back until September so he shud have been left alone till then.

I also still think he will play for us but only time will tell
    I do agree that it could have been handled better. He should have been asked privately whether he wanted to play.
    You've got no fans.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeathDrog View Post
    I do agree that it could have been handled better. He should have been asked privately whether he wanted to play.
    If O'Neill tried to force his hand without talking to him firs as McDonnell and Hyland suggest then it's appalling management. I'd be amazed if the first contact was this morning. The leak from 'a senior FAI siudxs' is farcical as per usual. .

24. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GypsyBlackCat View Post
    I reckon he's wanting to see if he gets called up to England's U21 side for the Euro's. Well you can't fault MON for trying, he picked him and he declined. I think it's time we cut our losses and move on. If he wants to play for England then let him. We should have more pride in ourselves than to wait around to see if we our his second choice.
    He's not eligible for their 21's for that tournament, played for us in the qualifiers.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    I find all these goings on both pathetic and disrespectful.

Can't believe some of the posters on here making excuses as to why he hasn't declared, show some pride for your country and stop pandering to someone who is clearly using us as his second choice.

Page 80 of 90 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast