Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthony Buttimer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Anthony Buttimer

He has to be sacked after tonight:

1.when the ball went out of play He made the Order of Malta guys walk the perimeter of the pitch(even though the ball was out of play) instead of letting them crossing the pitch to Jamie McKensie who was in a bad way after flying into the wall.

2. New Rule
    If a player needs to put back on his boots - yellow Card

wont even go into some of the decisons he made as Im happy we got a point pats were the better team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    same in the Limerick Vs Fingal Game Tuesday Scully Had A Few Words With Him

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainee View Post
    2. New Rule
    Wait, what happened here?

I don't actually have much experience of Buttimer - I've heard horror stories but he's been OK every match I've been at.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Buttimer is a joke as are 90% of the referee's in this league, and I would include the mighty Alan Kelly in that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Stupid thread realy,but could run to 16 pages!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    If there was a referee's observer at the game last night he has to be suspended, he's a complete lunatic. Made us wear our away kit and then wore a blue shirt himself that was a lot closer to Pats away shirt than our home kit. Making the stretcher go the whole way around the outside of the pitch instead of letting them cross the half way line to McKensie was really messed up and shows the frame of mind of this scumbag. Countless ridiculous decisions all night, he obviously had a vendetta after the club put in a complaint about his last appearance in Terryland. Ban this muppet now!
    Galway United - Connacht Champions 2008

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainee View Post
    1.when the ball went out of play He made the Order of Malta guys walk the perimeter of the pitch(even though the ball was out of play) instead of letting them crossing the pitch to Jamie McKensie who was in a bad way after flying into the wall.
    He was getting treatment from the physio while the game was ongoing and the Order of malta walked around about 5 minutes after the incident. He's off the pitch so the game should be allowed continue

2. New Rule
    Pats got a corner. Player didn't go to tie his laces immediately. Then went down in the penalty box. was told to get up and carry on. Corner rresulted in goal kick for Galway and as barry ryan was talkinga kick out he took his boots off om the 6 yard line to change them. Buttimer told him to go off the pitch if he wanted to do it, and he didn't move. Yellow card was the correct decision.

He's a fool because of the ersey thing (constantly) but he was OK last night. made a few small mistakes but didn't have a major decision to make.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

9. Thanks From:

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    For the Limerick match he gave our young right full a second yellow for a slip which took down a fingal player. Even the fingal player couldn't believe he was sent off for it. 5 minutes later Shane Clarke was chasing a ball that was heading towards the box, it was between Clarke and the keeper for the ball as Clarke got across the front of the defender, the defender then took down Clarke as he got near the ball and the keeper cleared. The ref just said play away. How a player being last man back can't be sent off for a foul but somebody slipping can i'll never know. He made a few bad decisions the other way in the second half, not to mention missing loads of handballs for both teams.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Foot.ie!

Quote Originally Posted by GuisaSaigon View Post
    If there was a referee's observer at the game last night he has to be suspended, he's a complete lunatic. Made us wear our away kit and then wore a blue shirt himself that was a lot closer to Pats away shirt than our home kit. Making the stretcher go the whole way around the outside of the pitch instead of letting them cross the half way line to McKensie was really messed up and shows the frame of mind of this scumbag. Countless ridiculous decisions all night, he obviously had a vendetta after the club put in a complaint about his last appearance in Terryland. Ban this muppet now!
    Scumbag...Vendetta...Muppet....Seriously?

Id question who has the vendetta here!! Judging by Dodge's response the referee seems to have acted within the Laws of the Game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Copa Mundial View Post
    Scumbag...Vendetta...Muppet....Seriously?
    Yes!!
    Galway United - Connacht Champions 2008

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    This thread right here is why football is great!!

Two different sets of fans looking at the exact same thing and drawing completely different conclusions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    For the Limerick match he gave our young right full a second yellow for a slip which took down a fingal player. Even the fingal player couldn't believe he was sent off for it. 5 minutes later Shane Clarke was chasing a ball that was heading towards the box, it was between Clarke and the keeper for the ball as Clarke got across the front of the defender, the defender then took down Clarke as he got near the ball and the keeper cleared. The ref just said play away. How a player being last man back can't be sent off for a foul but somebody slipping can i'll never know. He made a few bad decisions the other way in the second half, not to mention missing loads of handballs for both teams.
    He actually got so bad we where starting to just laugh at the decisions he was making, whether it was for us or against us. It seemed at times that he would make some stupid decisions against Limerick and then would try and redress it by making them against Fingal and this is how the game went, favouring one team over the other at different points in the game. Your sending off seemed harsh (like the first game) and I remember him booking williams for winning the ball. Absolute joke
    In saying all that, the majority of refs are terrible in the league. I thought when we got out of the first division the standard would improve. How naive was I
    Last edited by Lamper.sffc; 04/09/2010 at 2:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Yes, the refs make mistakes. The best refs in the world make mistakes in every single game. These refs aren't the best refs in the world so naturally, they will make a few more. Making a mistake doesn't mean a ref isn't good.

What seems more likely, that "90p/c of the refs in this country are crap" - the refs who have proved themselves through the years to be the most compotent and able to the FAI or that many football fans jump immediately to the conclusion that a ref is no good when a few decisions go against their team, a team in which they have a deep emotional investment thus negating any possibility of them having a neutral point of view?

The latter methinks.

This is their reputation on the line, their livelihood, their future. They are not biased, they do not have vendettas, they try their best. One of the worst experiences of my life came last year reffing a teenager's game. I gave two penalties to the same team soon after eachother and was subjected to the worst abuse I have ever endured from the opposition sidelines. I was accused of bias, incompotence and racism by parents and coaches all in front of the players to whom I was trying to display control and leadership. I was undermined and made feel genuinely fearful and intimidated.

The referee has been made out to be some sort of villain in football. The referee is not the villain, he is there to try and stop and punish any unlawful behaviour. He doesn't always get it right for any number of reasons but he will always try his best to.

If any of you spent a few months as a ref you'd probably understand a bit better what it's like. So get over it and start talking about football. Some of the stuff I have to hear in LOI grounds makes me sick.
    "If you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime,"
    “Crikey, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea,"

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    You know a referee is REALLY bad when you can't understand decisions that are going in your favour. Step forward Richie Winter and the Amazing Random Decision Generator.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    You know a referee is REALLY bad when you can't understand decisions that are going in your favour. Step forward Richie Winter and the Amazing Random Decision Generator.
    Poor Richie is just showing intiative. He clearly feels that the LOI matches need a fun factor. It all adds to the matchday experience.
    Good evening!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Is Buttimer the same ref who said "I will race you for your wages" to one of the Galway United players, earlier in the season?
    Nobody knows us, we don't care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    The c*nt must actually be colour blind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    I think the yellow for Conneely was correct, have a different take on it to Dodge - I think he was booked for leaving the field of play without permission - but nonetheless it was a yellow. As for the REd Cross, McKenzie was down injured but off the field of play, it wasn't a head injury so Buttimer didn't have to let them run across the pitch. A bit of common sense would have been nice, but strictly speaking, he was within his rights
    There was a referee observer at the game. Nothing will come of that though, as it was Buttimer's fellow Cork man, Eddie Foley.
    Yes it was Buttimer who challenged Anto Flood to a race for his wages. I thought the jersey thing was a joke as well
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    He is refereeing tomorrow nights qualifier between Sweden and San Marino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    I think the yellow for Conneely was correct, have a different take on it to Dodge - I think he was booked for leaving the field of play without permission - but nonetheless it was a yellow.
    He wasn't off the pitch when booked. Buttimer clearly instructed him to leave the field
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast