Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthony Buttimer

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

ah

on balance your right, but im not fully balanced yet after friday night but today i will go into my cave for a week and re surface in Tallaght next week.
    Ive calmed down now... rants over, apologies to refs and admin people who i know do the best they can do overall.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GGAJD View Post
    Probably the only decision he got right all night was no foul on Ryan in the build up for the first goal.

Lead with his elbow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Lead with his elbow and his hand is clearly on Ryan's arm. Ryan was wrong to lose the plot but the decision by the FAI to allow Butthead to ref GUFC games after his antics over the last couple of months was dangerous. GUFC requested not to be refereed by this idiot. The rumour is that in his post match interview, Connor claimed that Butthead had requested the game. If this is true, the credibility of the league has to be questioned. I've been going to games since 1986, if the brutal standard of refereeing is not addressed soon I'm off.
    Galway United - Connacht Champions 2008

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuisaSaigon View Post
    GUFC requested not to be refereed by this idiot.
    Who cares? No club gets to choose the referee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,631 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufcfan View Post

Lead with his elbow.
    doctored.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    doctored.
    check the inpho site or maybe they are United fans as well.

After what happened with Bisto in Terryland Buttimer should have got a lengthy suspension but no his good buddy Pat Kelly sends him down to Terryland for the pats game where he is lucky he wasnt assaulted his performance was so bad and then we get the worst performance on friday night.

The club were well within their rights to send in a letter of complaint but all we got was 2 fingers from the man in charge.Im going to loi games for over 35 years and the current crop of referees have absolutely no common sense and are out to make themselves the centre of attention in every game no more so than the poisioned dwarf himself.
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    GUFC requested not to be refereed by this idiot.
    Who do they think they are? Juventus?
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

8. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Foot.ie!

Lead with his elbow and his hand is clearly on Ryan's arm. Ryan was wrong to lose the plot but the decision by the FAI to allow Butthead to ref GUFC games after his antics over the last couple of months was dangerous. GUFC requested not to be refereed by this idiot. The rumour is that in his post match interview, Connor claimed that Butthead had requested the game. If this is true, the credibility of the league has to be questioned. I've been going to games since 1986, if the brutal standard of refereeing is not addressed soon I'm off.
    Seems to be Sean's Modus Operandi this season to deflect from a poor performance and lay the blame at someone else's feet. He should be more concerned at the behaviour of his goalkeeper and another situation where he lacked discipline and cost his team.
    The accusation that Buttimer 'requested' to ref the game is a pure smokescreen and totally inaccurate in my opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Buttimer was piddlepoor on Friday night BUT the reason we lost 6-0 was not down to Buttimer, but down to a total loss of control by our captain, who after being sent off appeared to grab Buttimer by the arm. AFter Neil Doyle reported him for kicking the ball at him in Terryland earlier in the seaosn, Ryan could be facing a long, season-ending ban, which will give us a serious hill to climb to avoid the relegation scrap. He was as much an idiot as Buttimer on Friday night, if not more so.
    And Copa Mundial, according to both Sean Connor and Nick Leeson (I know, they would say that), Buttimer did specifially request the game. We'll see what comes of those claims
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Model Club
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    Buttimer was piddlepoor on Friday night BUT the reason we lost 6-0 was not down to Buttimer, but down to a total loss of control by our captain, who after being sent off appeared to grab Buttimer by the arm. AFter Neil Doyle reported him for kicking the ball at him in Terryland earlier in the seaosn, Ryan could be facing a long, season-ending ban, which will give us a serious hill to climb to avoid the relegation scrap. He was as much an idiot as Buttimer on Friday night, if not more so.
    And Copa Mundial, according to both Sean Connor and Nick Leeson (I know, they would say that), Buttimer did specifially request the game. We'll see what comes of those claims

Agree with you although I do feel the game was over as a contest when Ryan was sent off.We'll never know if Galway could have frustrated Rovers had they kept it scoreless for the first half hour or so.

As for the incident I'm sure we'll see it better on MNS but the real issue is not wether Ryan was impeded,more how he reacted afterwards.If he was a 19 yr old thrown in at deep end you could excuse him but as one of the elderstatesmen of the league he really should have known better.

Id hope that Mr. Connor publicly states a similar reaction in his post match interview but previous form,the above article and some anecdotal tales from the tunnel on friday will suggest he will accuse Buttimer of having a vendetta against him or his sides and pull the siege mentality trick that he does so well.

Another reason this story probably wont die anytime soon is the accusation from Galway that Buttimer requested this particular fixture which I'm sure the FAI will deny but maybe its not beyond the realms of possibility that he fancied the game en-route from Dublin airport after his european adventures mid-week-But then thats just my conspiricy theroy.
    It also should be added that Buttimer wasn't helped by his 2 linos who were equally as bad or even worse than him.

The real injustice in this and the countless similar stories from almost every team about every referee,every week is that nothing is ever done about it.We are forever being told about refs assesors sitting in the stand with a clip-board but whats the point in them if nothing is ever done about the officials.Keith Hackett is a man feared by refs all over England because if you have a stinker reffing the dublin dearby between Man Utd and Liverpool then next week its Yeovil for you!!

Also fair play to the Galway fans who stayed on till the end and kept singing back to their buses/cars.I have recent experience of such an event and know well how easy it would be to hide your colours and leave with 15 minutes to go under the veil of anonymity.
    I just hope the prediction in the song you chose doesn't ring through on friday

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,225 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Model Club View Post
    If he was a 19 yr old thrown in at deep end you could excuse him but as one of the elderstatesmen of the league he really should have known better.
    He's been sent off for that before as well (2001 Cup quarter final replay in Derry, when he was sent off after the final whistle for chasing the ref to have a row).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    GALWAY UNITED manager Sean Connor has called on the League of Ireland's top brass to intervene following his club's latest run-in with Cork official Anthony Buttimer.
    Now that's just downright disgusting.....we want nothing to do with him either

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Model Club View Post
    As for the incident I'm sure we'll see it better on MNS but the real issue is not wether Ryan was impeded,more how he reacted afterwards.If he was a 19 yr old thrown in at deep end you could excuse him but as one of the elderstatesmen of the league he really should have known better.
    Exactly my thoughts on the matter as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    If it was a once off incident I think most United Fans would brush it off but its three games where Buttimer has been unbelievably bad and in the Bisto incident totally unprofessional but the man is a law unto himself and neither the person in charge of the referees or the FAI are prepared to take him on and suspend him as he will go over their heads and go straight to the courts.

No GUFC Supporter is blaming Buttimer for our defeat and yes there was wrong on both sides but as usual he will walk away from the game with not a care in the world.The one thing I fear is that he ends up reffing any of our home games before the end of the season because in all my years following United I have never seen a hatred for an official in our usual palacid supporters.
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    The decision for the first Rovers goal was certainly very harsh on Galway, it looked a clear foul on the keeper.

Still though, Ryan needs to take a good look at himself for getting himself sent off.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Fairly conclusive on MNS. It's about time the FAI acted on Buttimer now. I won't hold my breath though!

Model Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    The decision for the first Rovers goal was certainly very harsh on Galway, it looked a clear foul on the keeper.

Still though, Ryan needs to take a good look at himself for getting himself sent off.
    Definite foul.This coming from a bloke who hates the fact that keepers are wrapped in cotton wool these days.
    Doesn't excuse Ryan though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Clear foul on Barry Ryan. Looked like he said "w*nker" after Buttimer showed the 1st yellow.
    "Even if the sun ceases to rise, Even if the sea ceases to flow, Even if the wind stops to blow, The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning, glinting star in the sky."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    And it is not as if it is the first time anyone has called him that

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast