Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthony Buttimer

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    He's a fool because of the jersey thing (constantly)
    Buttimer does seem to be consistantly pedantic on the jersey thing.
    Maybe the lad is in fact colour blind
    Is a test for colour blindness a requirement for referees?
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Guess who we got for our cup Quarter Final .Im bringing a Silver Bullet.
    We are the Galway Boys Stand up and make some noise"

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    You should be so lucky to have a Champions League behind-the-goal-bloke for your cup quarter final. There's only 2 of them around!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct View Post
    Guess who we got for our cup Quarter Final .Im bringing a Silver Bullet.
    Only a stake to the heart will finish him off.
    Good evening!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    I give up lads in 35 years of going to loi games ive never seen a more egotistical clown.He ruined what looked like being a very good cup quarter final ands it wasnt just GUFC fans that thought that last night.Its ridiculous that referees are getting away with shocking performances week in week out while Managers,Players and fans suffer like the Glenn Fitzpatrick incident on MNS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct
    He ruined what looked like being a very good cup quarter final
    Get that excuse in early. If the result was close, you'd have a case. The result was 6-0. It wasn't all dependent on the red card.
    NL 1st Division Champions 2006
    NL Premier Division Champions 2010
    NL Premier Division Champions 2011

Keep Tallaght Tidy, Throw your rubbish in the Jodi

Ten Years Not Out

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have seen buttimer in action in munnster senior league games and having told teams

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Buttimer does seem to be consistantly pedantic on the jersey thing.
    Maybe the lad is in fact colour blind
    Is a test for colour blindness a requirement for referees?

i have seen buttimer in action in munster senior league games and having told teams to change their socks he then wore the same colour socks as one of the teams involved. he really loves the controversy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    Get that excuse in early. If the result was close, you'd have a case. The result was 6-0. It wasn't all dependent on the red card.
    Wasnt using it as an excuse just stating what the majority of Rovers Fans that I talked to last night said as well.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

buttimer ended the game after 12minutes

Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post

It was all over after the goal and the keeper sent off . The likes of Buttimer and Pat Kelly are small men who love power and the sad thing is they extract money out of our league and laugh in our faces. Prats. The rest of us are out there buying season tickets, paying in to league games when the clubs get stuck even though we have season tickets, encouraging people to come to games. Walking housing estates putting flyers in to letterboxes about upcoming games and tosspots like these 2 milk the honeypot and love the attention. Its a disgrace

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Wasnt using it as an excuse just stating what the majority of Rovers Fans that I talked to last night said as well.
    Probably the only decision he got right all night was no foul on Ryan in the build up for the first goal. The coke fiend got himself a yellow and then shoved buttimer on the shoulder resulting in a red, idiocy from ryan really. Agreed it stopped the game being any real contest but that was also down to how clinical rovers were. Two goal of the season contenders from Chambers and the rest were all very well worked. The tackle on Sean o Connor for me warranted a card at least, a two footed lunge off the deck and not even a free, the lino standing five feet away looked at buttimer and the midget shaked his head so nothing given, SOC was then stretchered off and went up to the hospital I believe, I hope it's not as bad as it looked. All in all a good nights work for the Hoops but hopefully we left a few goals for next week when I'd hope (for football's sake) Mr Buttimer won't be in the middle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Last edited by gufct; 18/09/2010 at 1:10 PM.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Great referee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    It was all over after the goal and the keeper sent off . The likes of Buttimer and Pat Kelly are small men who love power and the sad thing is they extract money out of our league and laugh in our faces. Prats. The rest of us are out there buying season tickets, paying in to league games when the clubs get stuck even though we have season tickets, encouraging people to come to games. Walking housing estates putting flyers in to letterboxes about upcoming games and tosspots like these 2 milk the honeypot and love the attention. Its a disgrace
    Give the FAI Refereeing Department a ring on Monday morning and get yourself on the next Referees Course if you think you're the solution to all the League's Officiating problems.

Until then - either put up or shut up
    Kom Igen, FCK...

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Buttimer requested to ref this exact match, is that aloud? When Nick Leeson heard this he requested for it not to happen but that obviously fell on deaf ears.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

oh good man

"Give the FAI Refereeing Department a ring on Monday morning and get yourself on the next Referees Course if you think you're the solution to all the League's Officiating problems.

Until then - either put up or shut up"

you must be pat kelly in disguise. I have taken all the decisions refs have dished out over the years 34 i might add and accepted them but the 3 fools are small bitter little men. That lunatic pat kelly had a whistle stuck in his mouth and blew it constantly. The man that introduced me to the loi actually packed in going to league of ireland games after several pathetic performances from kellys whistle. His useless referee son who daddy always appoints to any tv games actually goaded a fan to come on the pitch and hit him at a match. Theres not many volunteers in that fai office the last time i checked.. THey all get paid unlike me the customer, supporter and lifelong attendee at games. Typical reaction from those that bleed the game... Do you get paid?. I put up every time i pay in the Gate and buy a season ticket thats a lot more than anyone in a paid capacity at the fai.
    Last edited by geezer; 18/09/2010 at 10:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Buttimer requested to ref this exact match, is that aloud? When Nick Leeson heard this he requested for it not to happen but that obviously fell on deaf ears.
    is that aloud
    but that obviously fell on deaf ears.
    Hmmmm!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    I despise this **** about changing jersey's. It's happened to us against Bohs at home and in some other match that i can't remember.

The idiot is making a habit out of this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    They were just being nice cos they hammered you. Shams fans wouldn't be ones for rubbing anyones nose in it.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Thats a crazy statement. First of all, no referee requests any games. They are not in a position or have even the privilage to do so. They take what they are given, simple as that. Secondly, how on God's earth would you even know that statement to be true. Crazy some of the inaccurate references on here with regard to refereeing.
    Fine if you dont like the guy and you obviously feel aggrieved at his (and all referees) decision making, thats your prerogative as a football supporter but try and keep it factually correct

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    "Give the FAI Refereeing Department a ring on Monday morning and get yourself on the next Referees Course if you think you're the solution to all the League's Officiating problems.

Until then - either put up or shut up"

you must be pat kelly in disguise. I have taken all the decisions refs have dished out over the years 34 i might add and accepted them but the 3 fools are small bitter little men. That lunatic pat kelly had a whistle stuck in his mouth and blew it constantly. The man that introduced me to the loi actually packed in going to league of ireland games after several pathetic performances from kellys whistle. His useless referee son who daddy always appoints to any tv games actually goaded a fan to come on the pitch and hit him at a match. Theres not many volunteers in that fai office the last time i checked.. THey all get paid unlike me the customer, supporter and lifelong attendee at games. Typical reaction from those that bleed the game... Do you get paid?. I put up every time i pay in the Gate and buy a season ticket thats a lot more than anyone in a paid capacity at the fai.
    Geezer, 34years is a phenominal amount of time to be supporting the league, fair play. 1980 was my taste of LOI football so im only trotting along behind you. In all that time im sure that you have seen some good refereeing performances and some not so good ones. You obviously are not a fan of Kelly(s) which is fair enough but to suggest that people do not go to games because of one referee is a bit naff in my opinion considering all the trouble and strife that Clubs and the league have gone through down through the years.
    Im a football fan, have been all my life and have been involved in most areas of the game, playing, administration, refereeing, coaching, most of which was in a voluntary capacity. I would suggest that a proportion of fAI employees have at some point or another been involved in football in a voluntary capacity. I could be wrong on that also. If they have been, i dont necessarily think that they are 'bleeding it dry' as you put it. Maybe they applied for a job in football and got it. Just my opinion.
    One last thing, Stats are a big part of what i do every day and if you check out the point you make about kelly and the TV games year on year over the past three seasons statistically you will see that there are 3 other referees who have been appointed to more tv games than him

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast