TCM & Bonnie - Dublin is agreat race. I was really impressed by the atmosphere and the organisation.
I've entered Edinburgh on 27th May. I have been keeping fit since my last race (Windsor Triathlon, June 2011) and have a solid foundation to build on.
I started the formal training yesterday with a run of 1 hour 55 mins at a decent clip. When I did Dublin in 2009 I didn't do enough long running so I'm going to be more dedicated about doing plenty of 2.5-3+ hour runs. Ideally once weekly with the occasional switch to a long bike ride.
I've ordered the new Garmin 910X GPS watch, but it won't arrive until Feb. Once that arrives I can train more "scientifically".
Formal plans and goals for 2012 season.
- Start cycling to work again daily. That's nearly 80 miles per week.
- Lose 5kg, maybe 7kg prior to Edinburgh.
- March 2012 - Fleet Half Marathon - goal is 1:35 (last year 1:38).
- April 2012 - Fullers Thames Towpath Ten Miler - goal is 70 minutes (course PB is 72 minutes)
- May 19th 2012 - Super Sprint Triathlon Dorney Lake - goal is (a) 1:07 (course PB is 1:09) and (b) place in top 5 in my age group. I move up into the 45s category this year. My 1:09 from 2011 would have placed me 7th in the 45s.
- May 27th 2012 - Edinburgh Marathon. Ambitious goal is to break 3:30, but I'll be happy with 3:40 probbaly.
- June 2012 - Going to Poznan and Gdansk. Put back on 5kg!
- June 2012 - one or two days after Italy game - Windsor Triathlon, Olympic Distance. Goal is to go low 2:30s. Course PB is 2:36 but it's a tough course - my PB elsewhere is 2:27
- Break my 10k PB at an event TBD. PB is 43:28 so I think if I drop 5-7kg I can go close to 40 mins.
- One more race TBD.