Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Robbie Brady (M Preston b.1992)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    By all accounts, Ferguson tried to talk him into staying but he wasn't so bothered that he would block the transfer. That's generally how Ferguson operates and he's rarely made a mistake.
    I don't particularly like United and Fergie isn't exactly the nicest of blokes, but he is one of the greatest managers of all time. Robbie is obviously a very good talent, but the fact that Fergie didn't put up too much of a fight to keep him would be a concern. He had Cleverley on loan for a few years at various clubs, but he seemed to always believe that he had a future at OT. He obviously didn't think the same of Robbie.

Every time, I've seen Robbie he's looked very good, but there's a world of a difference between being good against Oman or Derby County and then being able to turn it on against Sweden away or Chelsea. I'm not sure he's going to be the next world class prodigy that we crave, but I do think that he can be a good, maybe very good premiership player.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I dunno, the interviewer might just have asked him if he'd like to play for United again and then phrased it stupidly in the article.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    Possibly Brady was flummoxed by the question and just gave some stock reply.

It was a contradictory question to ask when the premise for the article is
    'Robbie Brady has admitted he took the agonising decision to leave Manchester United to protect his fledgling international career.'

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I'd be willing to bet he wasn't asked the question at all. If you read his response, it certainly doesn't sound like he's responding to the question. I'm guessing he was asked something like whether he thinks he was good enough to make it there and he was trying to explain why the manager didn't feel comfortable giving him more opportunities.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,914 Posts
    You mean the journalist asks one question in the actual interview, Brady answers it, then later the journalist edits out the question, substituting it with another question he didn't ask, a question that contradicts the premise of the article?

Mmmm
    Not bad Charlie,
    but I'm not sure if that's an example of your (on occasion) brilliant 'outside the box thinking' or just adding to the madness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    My brilliant 'outside of the box' thing sometimes deserts me but in this case I am speaking from experience of how these things come about

edit: I don't think the journalist meant to contradict the premise of the article, it's just clumsy phrasing that adds to the confusion. Basically, Brady left for a reason but can feel aggrieved he wasn't afforded more opportunities - the way it reads, Brady was explaining the latter but the writer has clumsily made it out like he was pushed out.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,646 Posts
    pressed further by Geysir about whether or not he was suffering from some form of mental illness, Charlie Darwin responded non-committally adding "my brilliant outside the box thinking sometimes deserts me".

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Two assists for Brady tonight to secure victory for Hull.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Another assist today. His left foot is a thing of wonder.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Zzzzzzzzz, all these updates are getting boring, another assist for Brady tonight.

12. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Incidently, his assist tonight was from his right foot. A deep inswinging cross from the left with his right. Quinn provided the first assist for Elmo. Apparently Meyler had a fine game too. Hull City 2nd in championship and are looking stronger with every game. Tonight's win makes it 3 wins in the last 3 games. Of note, leaders Cardiff slipped up 0-2 at home to Brighton

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Great to hear. Hopefully he can start adding some goals to those assists and we'll have a real player on our hands.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,328 Posts
    goals on 101great goals: http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos...2-blackburn-0/
    excellent assists from the Irish players at Hull.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Good set of result for Hull of results with Leicester losing, indeed Cardiff losing too, both at home.
    If they carry on like that a good chance of Brady Meyler Quinn and McShane in the Premiership next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,646 Posts
    Scores for Hull direct from a free but they're 4-1 down.

Goal - Robbie Brady - Bolton 3 - 1 Hull City
    Free kick scored by Robbie Brady from long range to the bottom right corner of the goal. Bolton 3-1 Hull.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    2 assists again yesterday and 1 for Meyler. Anyone have his assist count for the season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    No idea, but he's certainly stepped it up in the last month or two. Cardiff lost today but with 5 points and a game in hand their lead is probably still unlikely to be assailable. Wolves' equaliser against Watford last night did Hull a huge favour last night - let's hope last week's defeat was just a blip.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelmusic View Post
    2 assists again yesterday and 1 for Meyler. Anyone have his assist count for the season?

Says 9 here.

http://espnfc.com/team/squad/_/id/306/hull-city?cc=5739

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Another assist tonight, setting up Meyler for a last minute consolation in a 4-2 loss to Crystal Palace.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    I think Andy Reid also had 9 when I looked but it was 7+2 for non-league games, the Hull site does not break down
    the figures though. Reid has more goals though 5 v 2.
    Also Simon Cox 7 assists and 5 goals.
    Forest have do a bit of a run together 4 wins on the bounce giving a play off chance if they keep it up.

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast