Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Robbie Brady (M Preston b.1992)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    Was this the match at the weekend? If so then the highlights reel I saw must have been different to the live game you saw - I was very impressed.
    It was the televised Championship game of the weekend where I live.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    short interview in the Independent today: http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...s-2939792.html
    most interesting part is that he could be going on loan to a Premier League club in the second half of the season, I thought the loan to Hull was a season long deal
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    I actually played in the same Kennedy Cup as Robbie and even then you could tell how talented he was...he was a level or 3 above everybody else at that tournament and he seems to be highly rated at United. The loan deal to Hull has been fantastic for him too, and if he does get that loan move to a premiership club I hope he gets some gamne time and isn't just there to warm the bench, I wonder who it could be?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    No.1 on my list would be Bolton. Owen Coyle has a great track record of taking talented youngsters on loan and developing them, look at Sturridge and Wilshere. Coyle seems to get on well with all the top prermier league managers and they seem to "trust" him with their most talented youngsters. If Ferguson was to cherry pick any club it would surely be Bolton, It's only down the road from Manchester also so it's smiles all round

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    I was thinking Everton would be ideal myself, their squad is razor thin, they've no money for new players, and made zero purchases in the summer so they will have to bring someone in and whoever that is will be guaranteed game time
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    I was thinking Everton would be ideal myself, their squad is razor thin, they've no money for new players, and made zero purchases in the summer so they will have to bring someone in and whoever that is will be guaranteed game time
    Ya I'd agree. Everton could well be a likely destination as well. Their squad could deplete even further in January if Rodwell leaves. With no money, Moyes will be forced to try to bring in a couple of quality youngsters on loan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    Everton already have a load of people who can or have played on the wing. He'd be a class above most of them, but I'm not sure if they even have the money to get him in.
    End Apartheid Now! One Team in Ireland!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Wouldn't surprise me if he went to Wigan either tbh. But yeah Bolton under Coyle would be a great move but I think he would get most playing time at Wigan

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Ferugson tends to loan players to the same clubs, and particularly to the same managers, i.e. Pearson at Hull, Bruce at Sunderland, McCarthy at Wolves. Wigan was a new one with Cleverly, so I'd guess that's the destination, with Sunderland an unlikely alternative.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Brady has only being making the bench in the last couple of games for Hull. Not sure if he is ready for premiership yet.
    Always look on the bright side of life

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Brady has only being making the bench in the last couple of games for Hull. Not sure if he is ready for premiership yet.
    Haven't seen any of the Hull games recently but he still seems to be making all the fans starting XI:

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=297&fid=148&sty=2&act=1&mid=21159422 48

The manager who brought him on loan left last week. Perhaps, caretaker boss Nicky Barmby doesn't fancy him or perhaps he feels that young Brady could do with a rest. I wouldn't read much into the fact that he hasn't started the last couple of games. At 19 he is still very young, a wee rest may well do him the world of good. Furthermore, I think this loan spell will stand to him and really hope that he secures a loan move to a reasonable premier league team in January to take his development to the next level

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    201 Posts
    I'm almost sure the Hull manager said it was a mistake to drop him, too.
    End Apartheid Now! One Team in Ireland!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

14. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanVsDalton View Post
    Sunderland wouldn't be the most secure club for a 19 year-old like Brady to be joining, especially given the insecurity of Bruce's job; were he to be ousted during the course of the second half of the season, then Brady faces a new manager coming in who may not hold any relationship with Fergie.

But it's good leverage that he's being linked with Sunderland. I still think Bolton would be ideal. Although Holden and Lee Chung Yong can't be sidelined for much longer, increasing the competition for midfield places.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Seems an odd target for Bruce seeing as he's loaded with midfielders but only has one proper striker. I did kinda predict this though...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    came off the bench against southampton and got a straight red card for diving into a tackle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    573 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    probably not going to happen now, Steve Bruce just sacked by Sunderland

20. Thanks From:

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I wonder if he will end up following Pearson from Hull to Leicester, as for all Sven Gorans spending, he had no wide players of worth and Pearson has pointed to this publicly as an area he will strengthen in January.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Well Bruce has left Sunderland so we can probably assume that avenue is closed.

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast