Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Robbie Brady (M Preston b.1992)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    572 Posts
    Brady is in the shop window and playing like it. One more performance like Sweden and he will be in very high demand. Despite Hoolahan's age, one more performance like that from him and he'll be a PL player in September too
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    Brady is in the shop window and playing like it. One more performance like Sweden and he will be in very high demand. Despite Hoolahan's age, one more performance like that from him and he'll be a PL player in September too
    Norwich will be loathe to sell him but I could easily see a Burnley or Middlesbrough coming in for Hoolahan.

He'd be a valuable squad player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Four year contract and £50,000 a week in wages on the table from Leicester; Norwich willing to sell @ Sunday Times.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Leicester are not afraid to splash the cash this summer! I've been keeping and eye on Burnley and they haven't signed anyone, but Michael Keane is linked with a fifteen million pound move to Leicester as well.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    West Ham have bid for Andrew Robertson and Martin Olsson now but no bid for Robbie Brady.

Also couldn't help but feel that Joey O'Brien, with his years of PL experience and experience of playing in the EL with Bolton, could have done a job when they were getting torn apart down their right hand side of the pitch against a Slovenian team the other night.

Ah well. Maybe Bilic was too busy making a tit out of himself trying to be the "lovable eccentric" panelist whenever Brady was playing during Euro 2016.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    I think Bilic was intentionally trying to get eliminated from the Europa League. He did that last summer too and said it was so the club could concentrate on the Premier League.

Robbie Brady linked again today with a move to Burnley. Surely he could do better than them?

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Norwich want £20m for Robbie, seems nobody wants to pay that as yet anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Where are you seeing 20m?

EDIT: Quick google and it's everywhere.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

10. Thanks From:

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    Reports today suggest that Ireland's Euro 2016 hero Robbie Brady won't be joining the champions after Norwich slapped a very hefty price tag on his head.

The Mirror is reporting that the Canaries want £20m for the Dubliner, and that fee is simply too steep for Leicester.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...-34867437.html

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    /they're getting a serious amount of mileage out of that one.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,595 Posts
    He'll move by deadline day surely?

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    841 Posts
    Wasn't in their match day squad today anyway. I don't know if it's injury related.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    He was an injury doubt alright.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,911 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    He'll move by deadline day surely?
    There's a considered added element of doubt since Norwich put a price of GBP20m, widening what was thought to be the gap between offers already made and acceptable fee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,281 Posts
    Starts today for Norwich
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Started well but faded as the half went on. The opposite could be said for Hoolahan and Westwood has had little to do bar touching an attempt at an own goal over from Hutchinson. The same player was lucky to have escaped a penalty being given against him earlier for standing on Brady's foot. Norwich have had all the territory really but Wednesday defending well.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,084 Posts
    Some of the tabloids carrying reports that Jeffrey Schlupp is edging closer to an £11.5m move to West Brom. I'd imagine this move and funds would open the door to Brady moving to Leicester. However, he wasn't in the squad last week and he starts this week so it's hard to read this one.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    777 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Started well but faded as the half went on. The opposite could be said for Hoolahan and Westwood has had little to do bar touching an attempt at an own goal over from Hutchinson. The same player was lucky to have escaped a penalty being given against him earlier for standing on Brady's foot. Norwich have had all the territory really but Wednesday defending well.
    I thought Brady had a poor game. Seldom in it and when he was, gave the ball away too easily. Just back from injury so perhaps understandable. Hoolahan, when he managed to get on the ball, was the only inspiration from Norwich who were denied space. He played the full 90 due to early injuries to two Norwich players. Westwood didn't have to make a save worthy of the name but dealt with the rest of the usual stuff comfortably enough.

Wednesday's star Fernando Foriestieri refused to play and didn't travel, having been tapped up by another club (Newcastle is the word on the street). Two months ago he said:

"Speaking exclusively to The Star, Forestieri said: “I love this club. I love the team, the fans and players. The chairman has told me to sign for Wednesday another 10 years!

“I feel so good here. I love playing for this club. I hope I can finish my career here.”

Now he wants to leave because he's been offered more money. Some people are surprised and there will be the usual Judas calls. Such has it always been for every player since freedom of contract and the surprise is that people are surprised.

The next "surprise" will be when the manager, currently a hero, heads off to the Premiership when Wednesday don't get promoted (or even if they do).
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    I only saw the first half. Yeah, I heard Carvalhal's interview beforehand, Forestieri is really acting the maggot. You can be professional and still get your move, pathetic stuff really. It really should make the purchasing club think twice as well. 'Not in the right frame of mind to travel/play', sweet Lord.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,677 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    I thought Brady had a poor game. Seldom in it and when he was, gave the ball away too easily. Just back from injury so perhaps understandable. Hoolahan, when he managed to get on the ball, was the only inspiration from Norwich who were denied space. He played the full 90 due to early injuries to two Norwich players. Westwood didn't have to make a save worthy of the name but dealt with the rest of the usual stuff comfortably enough.

Wednesday's star Fernando Foriestieri refused to play and didn't travel, having been tapped up by another club (Newcastle is the word on the street). Two months ago he said:

"Speaking exclusively to The Star, Forestieri said: “I love this club. I love the team, the fans and players. The chairman has told me to sign for Wednesday another 10 years!

“I feel so good here. I love playing for this club. I hope I can finish my career here.”

Now he wants to leave because he's been offered more money. Some people are surprised and there will be the usual Judas calls. Such has it always been for every player since freedom of contract and the surprise is that people are surprised.

The next "surprise" will be when the manager, currently a hero, heads off to the Premiership when Wednesday don't get promoted (or even if they do).
    I saw a story online that SWFC want to buy Stephen Gleeson. Also, didn't Dalian Atkinson play for SWFC at one stage? Killed by a police taser earlier today.

25. Thanks From:

Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast