Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mick McCarthy...Shame on you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Mick McCarthy...Shame on you

His arse is in the bacon slicer now in Wolverhampton.
    See SSN last night....Wolves fans....
    "final straw" ..... "championship standard manager" ...."get rid now" ......"should be up in fromt of FA" ........"I want my money back" .......

Once again Mick proves what a complete and utter gobsh*te he really is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Not the smartest move by him. but they'll all forget it soon enough if they beat Burnley at the weekend. Funny how the chants and the outrage seem to be less about Wolves being competitive on the night and more about people paying in to see squad players.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok View Post
    Not the smartest move by him. but they'll all forget it soon enough if they beat Burnley at the weekend.
    But he's fecked if they lose. Some of the reaction is OTT imo, but at the same time it's 5 days before their next game - what kind of mard arse players does he have?
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    In all fairness Wolves would have lost against Man Utd no matter what team

Mick put out. Therefore he was right to rest his strongest line up for their big

match against Burnley.
    Last edited by TrapAPony; 16/12/2009 at 8:47 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by an_ceannaire View Post
    "final straw" ..... "championship standard manager" ...."get rid now" ......"should be up in fromt of FA" ........"I want my money back" .......

Yeah shame on him for bringing Wolves into the Premier league without splashing out millions and having a squad capable of competing in the league

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Sensible if a bit high risk move imo, I would think if they beat Burnley all will be forgiven.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts
    I often find these arguments tedious, because what in essence the fans/pundits are saying, is that they should decide who the best players for any particular game should be. Which is fine in a sense, we all fancy ourselves as knowing what's best. But, Mc Carthy has to look long term and decide what is best for the season and if making sacrifices in a particular game is necessary, then that's his perogative.

The bigger clubs have been doing it for years and were initially frowned upon by the football community for bringing the game into disrepute by not playing their "strongest teams". But the likes of Wenger and Ferguson were soon able to point out the results of these "second teams", and the arguments stopped.

The fact is, that whatever 11 Mc Carthy played last night, that 11 are professional players in a Premier League squad, and should be able to perform to a Premier standard.

The teams he picks should be his own decision

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Hmm, the same Wolves & McCarthy who won at Tottenham.
    Yeah, shocking.

Get real.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Not sure why this is in the Ireland forum? Seems just like an excuse to have a go at McCarthy.

Says a lot about the Premiership's mindset that if Chelsea see fit to rotate their squad that's fine, but it's not ok for Wolves to do it, who arguably have a better reason for keeping their best players fit.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    560 Posts
    If Mick keeps the Wolves up this and a hell of a lot more will be forgiven.

Probably just a realistic decision from Mick. Some of the players must be dis-appointed not to play at Old Trafford though.
    Last edited by seanfhear; 16/12/2009 at 9:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    didn't Neil Warnock do this a few seasons back when Sheff Utd had a game with Man Utd followed by one against a fellow struggler?

and Wolves have been alright whenever I've watched them this year, I'd fancy them to stay up

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Targeting winnable games...getting his priorities right.. planning ahead.. sounds like good sensible mangement to me

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Fielding a weakened team is a managers perogative. My main issue is why the feck would professional players need to be rested for a Tuesday game when the next game isn't until the following Sunday?

McCarthy will have a real problem if it isn't backed by a result on Sunday, and he hasn't a leg to stand on later in the season if one of the top teams puts out a weakened side facing one of Wolves relegation rivals.

It's fair enough for the Wolves fans that travelled to give out imo. stg£40 odd for a ticket, plus travel/ meals/ drink etc (plus possibly time off work). Easy to write off the game when you aren't shelling out.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    The so callled Top Four have being doing this for years and are now moaning about Wolves doing it. Such hyprocity.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by an_ceannaire View Post

will you ever blow it out.

If, say some saturday next march or april, ManU field a weakened team against one of Wolves relegation sparring partners just because they've a CL semi-final the following wednesday no one'll blink or spare a thought for how this affects Wolves. No one'll challenge fergie about it and why should MMc behave with any less self interest than he does.
    " I wish to God that someone would be able to block out the voices in my head for five minutes, the voices that scream, over and over again: "Why do they come to me to die?"

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    whats the big deal? wolves would have lost if they put out their strongest team at least this way they have given themselves a platform to better prepare for the burnley game. granted this is no guarantee taht they will win but he is trying to gives his team the best chance of winning a match that the realistically can. added to the fact that they were doing a lot of chasing in the latter stages of the spurs game they probably needed a rest considering it was only a couple of days ago. really cant see why people are havin a go it seems like a decision arrived at using common sense and logic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie View Post
    will you ever blow it out.

If, say some saturday next march or april, ManU field a weakened team against one of Wolves relegation sparring partners just because they've a CL semi-final the following wednesday no one'll blink or spare a thought for how this affects Wolves. No one'll challenge fergie about it and why should MMc behave with any less self interest than he does.
    I agree. Only difference is that Wolves are fighting for survival in the Premier League. I think he made a smart move. He's needs his top players fit againts the " weaker sides "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Very risky move indeed, but you can see where he's coming from. They would have lost anyway, and considering that the Burnley match is going to have a serious bearing on hwether they stay up, he did the right thing to change it completely.

But if they lose, he'll be a dead man.

Ovviously the people that are going to be p!ssed off are those fans who travelled to the game forking out big money, no need to have a go with him here because of Saipan, MOVE ON
    San Marino are going to be a handful as the group goes on." - Steve Staunton reacts to performance against San Marino.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    Fielding a weakened team is a managers perogative. My main issue is why the feck would professional players need to be rested for a Tuesday game when the next game isn't until the following Sunday?
    Probably more to do with injury avoidance than resting players. Plus Christmas is a mad time in English Football. Never understood the need to cram as many games into Christmas week as possible. Maybe it goes back to when industry would shut up shop for a week over Christmas so attendances would sky rocket over the week.
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by centre mid View Post
    Probably more to do with injury avoidance than resting players.
    heard mick on the radio saying that a player has about 10% chance of injury in a game but it rises to 30% if he plays another tough game withing a few days

i can understand why he did it in relation to EPL survival but surely the whole point in being in the EPL is to play against the best teams?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast