Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mns format?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    In my humble opinion MNS needs to ignore the premier division and focus entirely on the first division in 2010.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    I generally like the MNS format - I like the mix of fun & serious, football & discussion.

I would waste less time though.
    The intros are all too long - its normally quite a few minutes in before you get to the first game. We do not need introductions to the panel - the (often amusing) captions are plenty. We also don't need to know the commentators names - saves another few seconds to show more football.

Use the extra time to show more build-up play in the matches - to try to give more flavour of the flow of the game.

Also, the idea that each week you focus on one club is a good idea - a short magazine slot about the club's build up flowing into their home game - one each week, so each team gets focused on 3 times a season. MNS have done a couple such segments & they have been good.

The analysis is always good - I like the differences between all the pundits, but visually, i'd like to see more game clips being shown during the analysis.
    Last edited by CuanaD; 04/12/2009 at 9:15 PM.
    http://trophymanager.com/?c=489688
    Trophy Manager - online football managment game - I like it - I think I'm getting obsessed with it though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    There was a good report made during the 2008 season when the reporter travelled to the Cork-Cobh derby with the fans. More of the same. Maybe a bit of fan interaction from before/after the game.

No music during the highlights, lose thunderstruck and karioke, bring back 60. And of course, a bit less talk.
    "If you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime,"
    “Crikey, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea,"

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Going against the grain here but balls to doing features on fans.

Maybe the odd time before a derby or some such but in general it'd be likely to be cringey and crap.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Well i guess i'll throw mine in there...

1.Why does the EPL highlights show get a better studio than our own league? It's ridiculous.The same studio Engerlish football gets is what MNS should get.

2.Too many pundits, it should always be 3, one main chap and the 2 gobsheens.Like in MoTD and PSS.

3.They should dress more classy, like they do for Engerlish games.

4.Stop playing the music during games, it's very annoying imo, improve the acoustics so the small crowd sounds louder.

5.Stop all the gimmick stuff, you know all of them they've already been listed.

6.Have more topical discussions like AIL, Stadium Development, Community things etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfc1928 View Post
    In my humble opinion MNS needs to ignore the premier division and focus entirely on the first division in 2010.
    I agree, the lack of First Division coverage was shocking last season, there should be loads of time given to the First Division in 2010 on MNS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    They should stop trying to conform to ideads posted on internet forums

Dress classy indeed
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    They should stop trying to conform to ideads posted on internet forums

Dress classy indeed
    why not Dodge? They could even get Osam on board... classy indeed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    get a fan from each club in every week. sky sports done this a few years ago with monday night football. so ten fans,one from each club in. and talk to them alon with the panel

also, could easily show the goals from the FD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fingal Fan
    MNS has been great for promoting the game

Too Premier focussed . As others have suggested some coverage of the 1st Division .
    Rather then just focussing on the games some analysis of were the LOI is going .
    BBC show 90 league clubs games on a Saturday night. RTE show 10 three days after they're played.

The good, bad, and ugly segment is a rip off from MOTD2, only less amusing.

Too much analysis, too many interviews, not enough football, the whole point of the show. Gave up on it after a couple of weeks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    BBC show 90 league clubs games on a Saturday night. RTE show 10 three days after they're played.
    You may have a point there, but there are only 2-3 cameras at most games so its always gonna be harder.

The good, bad, and ugly segment is a rip off from MOTD2, only less amusing.
    I dont care, its a good segment. I dont want it to go, who cares what MOTD2 are doing, sod them.

Too much analysis
    It needs to have footage being played during commentary.
    too many interviews
    Not that much, players and managers is what the game is all about. We need to hear what they are saying
    not enough football, the whole point of the show. Gave up on it after a couple of weeks.
    Playing so footage while giving commentary would sort that out.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Thunderstrike has never been interesting - get rid of it! I don't know why anyone tuning in would want to watch it. The Karaoke King thing is a bit of a laugh although admittedly a waste of broadcast time.

There should be a fans' segment on the show. I swear, according to MNS, you'd be hard-pushed to recognise the existence of any fans in the League at all. Either a vox pop at the ground like someone said, or bring them into the studio. They can't be more offensive than Roddy...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Didn't Tony O'Donoghue travel around the country on a club focus thing last year? I agree, feature a set of fans from every club once a week, Premier and First.
    First Division is shamefully neglected, the LEAST they could do is send cameras to the game with top billing every week, though I think they should arrange someone with a camera and a steady hand to film footage at all games and send it in to be edited into a goals highlights package.
    Keept GoodBadUgly buy dump the stuff like thundersh*te and KaraokeCringe.
    I would have said keep Collins as he at least speaks his mind, but when his mind comes up with stuff like what he said about Paul Cook, then maybe not.
    No offence to Sean Prunty, he is porbably a lovely fella, but he offers nothing in terms of analysis, and the same could be said of Morley.
    I enjoyed Eoin Hand's insights when he appeared, why not bring in LOI journos like Daniel McDonnell, Paul Lennon, Sean Ryan, Paul O'Hehir, doubt they have agendas and would provide a nice balance - again, they did it last year, can't remeber if it worked
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Up the action and reduce the chat a bit but include replays during the chat.
    Keep good, bad, ugly or something like it - it breaks up the show and is a bit of craic.
    Keep all the fanzone stuff for the same reason.
    More features like the recent one done on Longford in the cup/Dermot O'Neill.
    Got to bring the first division more into the programme.
    More focus on the positive aspects of the league.
    Try to position cameras in the best location in the ground to fully reflect attendances - i.e. opposite main stands instead of in them, even if this means cameramen getting wet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Before matches, they could talk to fans on the way in, give match predictions,toughts on the league,toughts on their team etc... for 5 matches, it would roughly take up the same amount of time as Kareoke King and Thunderstrike combined.
    Coleman for Ireland

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    MNS already has all the LoI fans tuning in, much like the league, It needs to attract new viewers. One way of doing this may be to include more Irish related features. Perhaps have a camera following Coleman on a week to week basis at Everton or Fahey at Birmingham.
    There could be features on LoI connections to MUFC or Liverpool. Maybee have the panel discuss Ireland matches after they happen. Try to create more links between MNS, the Premiership show, CL shows and International coverage. Stick Dunphy or Giles on as guest panelists. these, or ideas like them, while not popular with alot of LoI fans, may attract new non LoI fans and would go along way toward breaking down the us and them attitude among the Irish football supporting public.
    we looked from Montrose to Swords, from swords to Montrose and from Montrose to Swords again but already it was impossible to spot UCDs right winger

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.untitled View Post
    MNS already has all the LoI fans tuning in, much like the league, It needs to attract new viewers. One way of doing this may be to include more Irish related features. Perhaps have a camera following Coleman on a week to week basis at Everton or Fahey at Birmingham.
    There could be features on LoI connections to MUFC or Liverpool. Maybee have the panel discuss Ireland matches after they happen. Try to create more links between MNS, the Premiership show, CL shows and International coverage. Stick Dunphy or Giles on as guest panelists. these, or ideas like them, while not popular with alot of LoI fans, may attract new non LoI fans and would go along way toward breaking down the us and them attitude among the Irish football supporting public.
    Sure they do that on MNS anyways, they had about a 15 minute or so discussion about Henry's handball,the Italy game, and nearly all the qualifiers.
    Coleman for Ireland

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12