Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rovers make official complaint to FAI about Bohs spending practices

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Forensic analysis of accounts is an advanced science at this stage. Loadza people are paid money to dig into accounts of competing public companies to determine which one invest in or not.

The Rovers board run the club very professionally and money is very tightly managed and budgeted, so Id imagine its easy enough for Rovers to look at the Bohs accounts and do a comparison looking at their attendences and wages info they have from talking to out of contract players to see if they suspect anything fishy is going on.

I also think the following the Derry case, fudge is off the menu and the FAI will be happy to make an example of any club they can to ensure that the decades of brown envelopes and messing that has gone on in the league is eradicated for once and for all. If Bohs or any other club are declared to not have meet the 65% rule for this season, then who knows what the reprecussions will be as this will be a first.

Finally, if Bohs are squeeky clean and have nothing to hide, then maybe in these recessionary times they might take the info from the complaint and use it to help bargain a better rate from DCU!

bhs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sligored View Post
    Chinese whispers. Rossi can't be full time as per condition to his insurance pay out, as a result he's part time. He also coaches for the club as far as I'm aware. What's the problem there?

Next time you'd like to have a dig please do some research first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I think BohDiddley is being a bit harsh on the Stasi tbh.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SligoBrewer View Post
    I wish both clubs would grow up and mind their own ****ing business tbh.
    Yeah right, its usually just rumours threads around the LOI this time of year. This is great entertainment for the off season.
    5-0

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    It seems to my untrained eyes that this is more about gettin that laughable human being francie gavin off his fat arse to do his job , alongside the FAI & padraig smyth, in sorting out this league once and for all, for the good of ALL teams.

anyone waiting on answers from bohs fans are wasting their time.
    bohs fans have shown themselves to be completely in the dark about their club so dont have the first clue about whats "goin down" in D7 .

best pre-season in ages!
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    best pre-season in ages!
    Still post-season, I'd say. It's like an issue of Now! magazine around here lately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebeard View Post
    That's some localised inflation rate there. How much is the programme at Dalyer now?
    Do you want the price quoted in Iraqi dinars or Zimbabwean dollars?

bhs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leejo View Post
    Chinese whispers. Rossi can't be full time as per condition to his insurance pay out, as a result he's part time. He also coaches for the club as far as I'm aware. What's the problem there?

Next time you'd like to have a dig please do some research first.
    what research do you want me to do - heres my original post from last may.

Mark Rossiter does not get wages from Bohs.

He took an insurance payout when his professional contract ended with Sunderland due to his knee injury. Therefore he cannot now recieve financial reward for playing football as this was part of the settlement.
    He is paid big money for coaching instead of wages- another way of avoiding the 65% cap.

things might get better for some bohs fans when they get to primary school- poor lee-jo is making no sense.
    Between me and you leejo mark does f*** all coaching- and a lot of your bar staff do f*** all barwork.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leejo View Post
    What rules have we broken?
    all of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    are the moderators actually going to start moderating here?

Rovers themselves say they have NO EVIDENCE yet everything and every accusation under the sun is being thrown at Bohs here. From Derry (ha!), Dundalk (ha!) and Rovers fans (jaysis) and one particularly nasty Waterford fan.

Absolutely brutal.

Why dont people just let this run its course - if we are guilty of something Rovers (and the fact that theyve gone to the media with this) have ensured it will be discovered sonner or later. If we are not guilty, then this will die its death.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sligored View Post
    what research do you want me to do - heres my original post from last may.

Mark Rossiter does not get wages from Bohs.

He took an insurance payout when his professional contract ended with Sunderland due to his knee injury. Therefore he cannot now recieve financial reward for playing football as this was part of the settlement.
    He is paid big money for coaching instead of wages- another way of avoiding the 65% cap.

things might get better for some bohs fans when they get to primary school- poor lee-jo is making no sense.
    Between me and you leejo mark does f*** all coaching- and a lot of your bar staff do f*** all barwork.
    Primary school? Jaysus nice touch mate.

Right, thanks for re-posting your original post and completely ignoring my point. Now I'd like to restate my point that Rossi is on a part time contract.

Research: http://www.bohemians.ie/component/jo...yer&p=1&pid=19 Pay particular attention to the last line of the first paragraph, notice the word part time.

More research: http://www.sligoweekender.ie/news/story/?trs=mhcwsngbkf
    Sligo’s Mark Rossiter, happily back playing on a part-time basis after his full-time career in England was wrecked by injury, was among the Bohemians substitutes.
    It's commonly known Mark is on a part time contract, if he was receiving no financial reward for playing football he would be classed as an amateur, no? He is legally allowed to play football part time, not full time. Once again I ask what's the problem there?

No one is saying Mark does or doesn't get paid for a coaching role but to say he ONLY gets paid for a coaching role as a means of avoiding the 65% salary cap is pure and utter tripe. Possible slander?

But then again you probably know more about my club than I do...

Quote Originally Posted by roinuj View Post
    all of them.
    You mean none of them? Yet.*

*I added in the "yet" before someone else did, I'll remove once the figures are released and it is shown that we are legally under the 65% SCP
    Last edited by Leejo; 26/11/2009 at 11:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    are the moderators actually going to start moderating here?
    People are commenting on a newspaper article. Most of the comments here are contained in that, and the rest clearly implied. It isn't the job of the moderators here to save your club embaressment

Perhaps one or two bohs fans might wish to counter the allegations rather than call Rovers bitter.

Of course they're bitter, amnd perhaps if they had won the league they wouldn't have reported you, but that doesn't mean the allegations don't need answering.

As for the line some are taking that "its the job of the FAI to spot these things"; The cases of Cork, Derry, Drogheda (and others) have proven they simply can't be trusted to spot financial irregularities

BTW Bohs fans, don't play dumb here. We all know the same stuff has been posted on your forum. YOu all know you have/had a transfer ban in place
    Last edited by Dodge; 27/11/2009 at 12:05 AM.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    People are commenting on a newspaper article. Most of the comments here are contained in that, and the rest clearly implied. It isn't the job of the moderators here to save your club embaressment

Perhaps one or two bohs fans might wish to counter the allegations rather than call Rovers bitter.
    What? A lot of the stuff on this thread are ridiculous unproven allegations which I have actually addressed...

http://foot.ie/forums/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=78

http://foot.ie/forums/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=93

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    You get an infraction for saying UCD have a small fanbase yet moderators are allowing posters get away with presenting it as fact that we are guilty of allegations which are totally without foundation.

Our wage bill in 2008 was big enough ffs, if we wanted to cook the books the board would have done a better job than that.

The points raised in the Daily Mail article are easy to answer.

1) Cost of training facilities - Bohs train full-time at the DCU elite facilities. I challenge anyone here to visit them and not understand why it costs big money. I would argue that it costs far too much, but it's easy to see why it costs more than where Rovers train part-time - a junior club's ground? It's like comparing a Porsche to a ****ing FIAT.

2) Schoolboy expenses - see post from Bohs' former Youth Director http://www.thebohs.com/forum/viewtop...=216864#216864

3) Fundraising expenses - The 65pc rule did not come into effect until 2008. Until then, most was included in the accounts on a net basis. i.e. if we ran a Last Man Standing competition back then, only the profit from that would have been put on the club's overall books and there would not have been itemised income and expenditure for running such a venture. The same goes for raffles, lotteries, Christmas draws, monthly draws, Gala dinners etc. Since the 65pc rule came in, it's important that all that kind of thing is grossed up so that all income is put on the books to keep within the SCP, so obviously the income and expenditure for EVERYTHING is going to makes its way onto the books, no matter how trivial it may be.

But funnily enough, Rovers didn't question the dramatic increase in income under the fundraising heading (246% of the 2007 figure), they just decided to focus in on the expenditure... As one accountant member on our members' forum said: "If Rovers showed our accounts to a competent accountant they would tell them this within two minutes." Instead, they put two and two together and got five.

Rovers fans might like to think Bohs members don't question this type of thing, but I can assure them there that the accounts were given a thorough going through by members at the last AGM by people with years' experience as accountants and people involved in other areas of finance.

4) Bars - Any Bohs fan will tell you that there are a hell of a lot less people drinking in the bars than ever before, that they've been on a downward spiral for the last 4/5 years and are really struggling to draw customers midweek in an area that is incredibly well-served by alternative bars. That, combined with the increased cost of buying stock in recent years and the overall national trend of less people drinking in bars has seen profit plummet from where it was 4/5 years ago.

There is no case to answer. Bohs are clearly guilty of exorbitant and unsustainable spending over the last few years, but we have nothing to hide here.

This is a total flier from Rovers, hoping that if they throw enough mud, some of it will stick. I have to say I'm disappointed with them on this one. I've impressed with the way they've gone about their business since the 400 Club took over but I thought the days of this kind of sniping belonged in the past and that league had moved on from Ollie Byrne-type pettiness.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    So Bohs fans- in your opinion have your club been paying players via avenues other than the normal way or not?

Have they been paid as coaches?
    Have they been paid as fundraisers?
    Have they been paid as barmen?

And in each case did they actually perform the role? Or are the questions simply irrelevant because it was Rovers that asked them?

The participation agreement has a lot of references to the spirit as well as the letter of the rules, so a club could obey the letter but still find themselves in trouble.
    So. Any opinions on this?
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    YOu all know you have/had a transfer ban in place
    Yes... because the FAI believed we would not meet our pre-season financial projections and would be in breach of the 65pc rule. That did not imply any fraud, which is effectively what Rovers are implyinh here. It was more of a "offload players, start fundraising and get your ****ing in house in order" type thing. They were right to do so, we needed that wake-up call to get us within the SCP - it's taken a massive effort from members/fans to get us over the line... hence the massive reduction in our wage bill for next season so we don't have a repeat performance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    So. Any opinions on this?
    No, I don't believe any player is being paid as a barman/fundraiser. I don't know enough about the youth section of the club to know if any of the players are involved in the coaching end of it, but I'm almost certain that they aren't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeO View Post

2) Schoolboy expenses - see post from Bohs' former Youth Director http://www.thebohs.com/forum/viewtop...=216864#216864
    Without even getting into how it could possibly cost 3600 per week for DCU's training facilities let's just take the former Bohs youth director's most pertinent sentence
    However,the overall "spend" figure of circa 130k,seen circa 110k in income come back in
    and break it down into plain English.

Bohs spent €130k on the schoolboy teams in 2008 (remember this doesn't count as wages as part of the 65% rule)

As per the former Bohs youth director €110k of this €130k somehow came back into the club as "income"

This €110k does count as income of which 65% could be spent on player wages.

Just to reiterate Bohs spent 130k on youth teams that doesn't count as wages however they somehow recovered 110k of this as income that did count towards the SCP.

There it is in black and white, it's in the accounts and the bohs youth director posted it on their board. How much clearer does it have to be that they are cooking the books?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    You're totally trying to twist what he was trying to say, but you already know that.

He was clearly trying to make the point that the 130k figure was not the net loss, but that the loss was 20k because the schoolboy section of the club raised 110k (through its own sponsorship, fundraising etc.).

He mightn't have expressed it very well and did not explain how it raised 110k (as he said in his post, it was explained to members at the agm), but you know damn well that he did not mean that 110k from the 130k spent went back into the club... How the **** do you think we would manage that? Give the coaches 110k to divvy up among the kids and tell them to spend it on forecast coupons? Spare me.

He also says the youth section compiled its own set of accounts, so I would imagine Bohs will be only too happy to present them to Padraig Smith to show that everything is above board.
    Last edited by LukeO; 27/11/2009 at 1:49 AM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast