Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rovers make official complaint to FAI about Bohs spending practices

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Its only natural that Bohs be investigated regarding the salary cap.
    They must have been having issues earlier in the season when the FAI issued the Transfer Embargo (I presume thats still in place).
    Its the fact that it takes another club to raise the issue is whats embarrassing for the FAI.
    Is there perhaps a Bohs player due to retire and avail of the 10 year tax back scheme?

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    the only coaches that will be coming within the 65% rule are those working with the first team. Sounds entirely like the FAI to be seen to be closing a loophole but not actually doing anything
    If that's the case, that is exactly what the FAI are doing. They should just make it all wages, and then there's no loopholes.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BYCTWD View Post
    There is no way that you can justify a 1,900% increase with buying the kids new kit or DCU over the Tallaght facilities. Don't patronise us like that.
    I am not trying to justify anything. I am just throwing it out there - just like Rovers seem to have done.

Not patronising anyone. Sorry you have taken offence.

Maybe someone should ask the FAI to ask Rovers why their figures for training facilities and youth looks extremely low.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    I assume Rovers lodged an official complaint against the spending practices of several other clubs like Dundalk for example as well. If they had to ask players to take wage reductions then they must have questions to answer as well, or do Rovers only want to bi**h and moan about bohs because they finished above them this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I wish both clubs would grow up and mind their own ****ing business tbh.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    You know its not true, so why post it?

But they are still much higher than your levels pre 05. Forget about how much we pay for our youth teams (and I know we are at the top end of the scale with the football in the community scheme), the issue is a 1,900% increase right around the time that the SCP was introduced.

But thats just it. I dont know its not true. Do you?

If Bohs have been acting the maggot then they deserve what they get.
    If Rovers have seen that then I'm sure the FAI have seen it and will ask the hard questions. If the FAI are satisfied they will issue a licence. End of. Will Rovers then start whinging about something else when Bohs post their next set of accounts. Will this be a seasonal event until Rovers finish ahead of them. Or will they take the FAI rulling as fact if it doesnt go their way.

Sling as much mud as possible - it seems to stick. Someone else on this thread says that Bohs have been 'fiddling the books for a while now'. Thats easy to say but he didnt provide any proof? I mean its getting ridiculous.

I think what is the annoying thing is not what is being asked but who is asking. It dosnt help that the club asking finished 2nd to the club being accused and is also their tradional biggest rivals. It just leave them open to accusations of Sour grapes and bitterness considering I cannot remember any other club doing similiar to another club.

If you or the Rovers board dont believe the FAI will conduct the licencing agreement process in a correct fashion then thats something they should take up with the FAI.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMcC View Post
    If Rovers have seen that then I'm sure the FAI have seen it and will ask the hard questions.
    Yeah right...
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    But thats just it. I dont know its not true. Do you?

If Bohs have been acting the maggot then they deserve what they get.
    If Rovers have seen that then I'm sure the FAI have seen it and will ask the hard questions. If the FAI are satisfied they will issue a licence. End of. Will Rovers then start whinging about something else when Bohs post their next set of accounts. Will this be a seasonal event until Rovers finish ahead of them. Or will they take the FAI rulling as fact if it doesnt go their way.

Sling as much mud as possible - it seems to stick. Someone else on this thread says that Bohs have been 'fiddling the books for a while now'. Thats easy to say but he didnt provide any proof? I mean its getting ridiculous.

I think what is the annoying thing is not what is being asked but who is asking. It dosnt help that the club asking finished 2nd to the club being accused and is also their tradional biggest rivals. It just leave them open to accusations of Sour grapes and bitterness considering I cannot remember any other club doing similiar to another club.

If you or the Rovers board dont believe the FAI will conduct the licencing agreement process in a correct fashion then thats something they should take up with the FAI.
    If someone truthfully answered the question "do all those employees paid to work in youth development and in the bar actually work there" then this would all go away.

But nobody will answer the question directly.

Its not just Derry fans that exhibit ostrich behaviour.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    If someone truthfully answered the question "do all those employees paid to work in youth development and in the bar actually work there" then this would all go away.

But nobody will answer the question directly.

Its not just Derry fans that exhibit ostrich behaviour.
    How can any Bohs fans answer that without posting details of what every player was paid and getting a wages reconciliation report FROM THE AUDITOR & posting that online.

All this sh**e comes from Rovers,Dundalk etc fans claiming bohs players are paid as barmen, groundsmen, window cleaners whatever without ever having anything to back it up*.

*(Excluding I herard it from someone who heard it from someone else!)

Also these accounts have been available online for months. If they really had such a problem why wait until now, unless its a last desperate measure to claim a league title in the boardroom after they bottled it on the pitch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Dismissing posts as "bitter" is against the rules here. If you have a counter point to make, then make it. If all you can add is "bitter", your post will be deleted. It's just a way of avoiding the issue, and will only lead to flame wars.
    You need to make a distinction between posts, and posters, being dismissed as bitter, and the move by Shamrock Rovers being condemned in those terms, which is a valid point of view, even if you disagree. I don't think individual posters here have been so accused.

As a club, Shamrock's action in running to the authorities, now that it's lost the league, is dishonourable. The accounts were out there for a long time before it raised its complaint. Even if the complaint is upheld, any moral validity it may claim is undermined by the fact that it waited until it lost on the field of play.

This forum generates a lot of heat discussing reasons why people despise the LoI. I'd put this sort of cynical blazer manoeuvre as top of the list, before quality of football, stadium facilities, and all of the other factors trotted out.
    Last edited by BohDiddley; 26/11/2009 at 7:31 PM. Reason: the

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Interesting to note that not a single Bohs fan whose posts I've seen here or on the Bohs forum has expressed the opinion that the practise of getting around the 65% rule by paying players for other roles is not going on at their club.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Interesting to note that not a single Bohs fan whose posts I've seen here or on the Bohs forum has expressed the opinion that the practise of getting around the 65% rule by paying players for other roles is not going on at their club.
    In the absence of any evidence to the contrary I would suggest that Bohs fans would say its not going on.

This has parallels with the thread about the findings of the racism allegations re Ndo but in reverse as it were.

To answer BYCTWD, yes I can see why the question would be asked but would have expected the FAI to be the ones asking - and not through the newspapers either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Cretaro pulls a fine pint of Guinness apparently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Which is EXACTLY what they did Einstein.
    And then leaked it to the papers?
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As opposed to, for the sake of argument, making a complaint to the FAI and SARI over allegations of racial abuse with the intention of having points deducted off Rovers?
    I've not got into the discussions on that, but, for the sake of argument, as you put it, are you seriously suggesting that racism is an equivalent transgression, and that racist behaviour should not be reported?

IMHO, that is of a different order entirely, and should not be compared to Stasi snitching.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by paulok32 View Post
    Could be some truth in this yet they charge €500 for a child to join so where is all that money watch this space
    €500 to join what and what do they get for that money. Just curious?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    4 pages and nobody has answered the question. Some quality interference being run though....

Bury those heads any deeper lads and you'll pop out in Australia.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    BYCTWD is there a post on this forum from you that isn't about Bohs?

The Bohs schoolkids didn't get medals this year because you hadn't paid the league fees. How does that tie in to the increased spend?
    Unbelievable! Surely this should be taken down considering it's simply not true.

From a former schoolboy director:
    Just a point noted on the foot.ie forum where i wouldn't post.
    Somebody says our schoolboys didn't receive medals because the league fees weren't paid-if you don't pay your registration fees you aren't accepted to the league or are thrown out.All our teams due medals got them.
    The level of nonsense some people will go to with this story is unbelievable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Full page article today in the Daily Mail on Rovers making a detailed complaint to FAI about Bohs spending practices.

Points made by Rovers include ...

how Bohs spend 190K on training facilities when Rovers only cost 35000
    how schoolboys cost Rovers 40K to run 22 schoolboys teams, but Bohs spend 130K on 15 teams made by Rovers
    how still 4 bar staff being employed as profits have droped from 77K to 30K

FAI have said they will raise these point with Bohs.

Conway said to be outraged!

bhs
    rovers were right to hang em.
    bohs seem to be allowed to break every rule in the book and get away with it.

well done rovers.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by roinuj View Post
    rovers were right to hang em.
    bohs seem to be allowed to break every rule in the book and get away with it.

well done rovers.
    What rules have we broken?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast