Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vllaznia in betting scandal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsbear View Post
    I think Dundalkjames started the proliferation in numbers because he appears to have cloned himself for every club in the league. We have a Longfordjames and Galwayjames. If a Sportingjames comes along then I know we have a problem.
    Not to mention three Stus: pineapple stu, SkStu and Aberdonian Stu
    If you've nothing good to say, say it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galwayjames View Post
    Not to mention three Stus: pineapple stu, SkStu and Aberdonian Stu
    More Stu's than there are fans of the FAI Cup winners.
    Last edited by thischarmingman; 25/11/2009 at 6:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Dolan View Post
    Why do ya look at someones info before you post?
    Well when one is posting about there time on the place they could at least bother to look couldn't they?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Obviously UEFA think there was nothing fishy about that 2nd penalty we were awarded in the game at the Showgrounds, where their keeper blatantly got himself sent off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    I was at the Rapid : Vllaznia first leg in Vienna that UEFA looking at. Can't add anything, besides confirming that Sligo fans are right and the second string 'keeper Bishani isn't very good along with his defenders.

The Rapid Vierstelstunde, taking clothes off and throwing them in the air, that was pretty good.

UEFA Statement.
    http://www.uefa.com/uefa/keytopics/k...id=924697.html

"...The five clubs involved are KF Tirana (ALB), FC Dinaburg (LVA), KS Vllaznia (ALB), NK IB Ljubljana (SVN) and Budapest Honvéd FC (HUN). The matches concerned are:

• UEFA Champions League second qualifying round: Stabæk IF-KF Tirana
    (21.07.2009)
    • UEFA Europa League second qualifying round: Bnei Yehuda Tel-Aviv FC-FC Dinaburg (16.07.2009)
    • UEFA Europa League second qualifying round: FC Dinaburg-Bnei Yehuda Tel-Aviv FC (23.07.2009)
    • UEFA Europa League second qualifying round: KS Vllaznia-SK Rapid Wien (23.07.2009)
    • UEFA Europa League second qualifying round: SK Rapid Wien-KS Vllaznia (16.07.2009)
    • UEFA Europa League third qualifying round: NK IB Ljubljana-FC Metalurh Donetsk (06.08.2009)
    • UEFA Europa League third qualifying round: Fenerbahçe SK-Budapest Honvéd FC (30.07.2009)....."
    " I'll go right up to here,
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Any chance UEFA could investigate the Carmarthen v Longford game in 2005 ?

The only feasible explanation for what happened was that the Town players deliberately lost....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    Any chance UEFA could investigate the Carmarthen v Longford game in 2005 ?

The only feasible explanation for what happened was that the Town players deliberately lost....
    Cardiff City 4:0 Derry City Cup-Winners-Cup.

If they want to investigate a match EL 1stRd. 2nd leg game Renova 1:1 Dinamo Minsk in the half-built Gradski stadium in Skopje (MAK) in July. Renova score against a square back four early one, go ahead on aggregate. Very little until Dinamo equalise on the night with a soft penalty. More very little until the final whistle.

There's a reason these teams are playing in the early rounds of European Football, not that later rounds have anything to email home about.
    " I'll go right up to here,
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Soft penalty against us in cup final ! Underdogs won and maybe their was abetting scam there too
    Till d End!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Éimear View Post
    What sort of sanctions could be imposed on Vllaznia if they are found guilty of this?
    Jeff Kenna could be appointed manager.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    hahaha thanks i needed a laugh only thing that could be worse is vinny perth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarpoJoyce View Post
    Cardiff City 4:0 Derry City Cup-Winners-Cup.

I'm struggling to see any similarity, or what your point is here ?

I take it you didn't see either Cardiff v City or Carmarthen v Longford if you think there's a similarity between a weaker club losing away by playing badly and a stronger clujb letting a 4:1 (?) lead slip by completely and utterly falling apart in the space of 45mins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post

I'm struggling to see any similarity, or what your point is here ?

I take it you didn't see either Cardiff v City or Carmarthen v Longford if you think there's a similarity between a weaker club losing away by playing badly and a stronger clujb letting a 4:1 (?) lead slip by completely and utterly falling apart in the space of 45mins.
    we won 1st leg 2-0 should have been atleast 4.. carmarthen were by far worst team we have playes total rubbish.. Longford celtic would give them a good game
    the 2nd leg still haunts me

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Vllaznia caught cheating eh? UEFA will probably throw the book at them by wiping their debts out (but demoting them a division), just to show them that their behaviour is unacceptable.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    hahaha thanks i needed a laugh only thing that could be worse is vinny perth
    think you are harsh on vinny acornvilla.. I thought that he did a reasonable job with us compared to a certain ex town mgr before GC that hates my guts!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    think you are harsh on vinny acornvilla.. I thought that he did a reasonable job with us compared to a certain ex town mgr before GC that hates my guts!
    but vinny was manager when that betting thing at the end of last year aparently happened! why soes this certian manager hate you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    A thread on this in Sligo forum also:
    http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=128689

I'll just copy + paste my post here:

Call me a bull****ter if ye want but I have a lot of betting contacts around Europe and the fact is that Vllaznia had bet heavily on Sligo to beat them at the Showgrounds but try as they might Sligo just could not convert the chances they had and Vllaznia got 2 flukes.
    I was following the betting in running and at times in the first half, Sligo -1 was trading as low as 1/3 on the asian bookies (which is the only plce to bet big stakes in running on relatively minor matches), which is absolutely crazily low and takes a LOT of money to drive the price this low. When Vllaznia went 2-0 up, their inside bettors covered some of their losses by backing Over 2.5. The crazy way the second penalty was given away and the absolute lack of movement from the keeper when it was taken was proof of the fact that they were willing to do anything for this to happen. Someone at the time asked why they protested so furiously about the awarding of the penalty if they wanted to concede a goal. Well when did a ref ever change his mind? These guys are known for the same betting antics every year in Europe, along with FK Tirana, their countrymen.

Sligomans sig said/says something about Sligo's Europa campaign ended by cheating Albanians but the fact is that Vllaznia wanted to lose in Sligo, pocket the cash and take their chances on progressing in the 2nd leg.

And that's pretty much what I said here and have since got confirmation from a few sources of what I claimed at the time

http://foot.ie/forums/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=35

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    but vinny was manager when that betting thing at the end of last year aparently happened! why soes this certian manager hate you?
    its a long story.. I posted on foot last year about AG being not well liked in Galway and low and behold he got in touch with the club and called for my head.. I dont really want to go into full details here on the forum but you are welcome to pm me and I can tell you the full story in confidence!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eL Bettor View Post
    A thread on this in Sligo forum also:
    http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=128689

I'll just copy + paste my post here:

Call me a bull****ter if ye want but I have a lot of betting contacts around Europe and the fact is that Vllaznia had bet heavily on Sligo to beat them at the Showgrounds but try as they might Sligo just could not convert the chances they had and Vllaznia got 2 flukes.
    I was following the betting in running and at times in the first half, Sligo -1 was trading as low as 1/3 on the asian bookies (which is the only plce to bet big stakes in running on relatively minor matches), which is absolutely crazily low and takes a LOT of money to drive the price this low. When Vllaznia went 2-0 up, their inside bettors covered some of their losses by backing Over 2.5. The crazy way the second penalty was given away and the absolute lack of movement from the keeper when it was taken was proof of the fact that they were willing to do anything for this to happen. Someone at the time asked why they protested so furiously about the awarding of the penalty if they wanted to concede a goal. Well when did a ref ever change his mind? These guys are known for the same betting antics every year in Europe, along with FK Tirana, their countrymen.

Sligomans sig said/says something about Sligo's Europa campaign ended by cheating Albanians but the fact is that Vllaznia wanted to lose in Sligo, pocket the cash and take their chances on progressing in the 2nd leg.

And that's pretty much what I said here and have since got confirmation from a few sources of what I claimed at the time

http://foot.ie/forums/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=35

So sligo lost to a team that was trying to lose
    5-0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdjaC View Post
    So sligo lost to a team that was trying to lose
    Yes, but what Vllaznia didn't know was that we were smarter than them and saw their game plan so we decided to throw the game too so that they'd lose their money...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    Yes, but what Vllaznia didn't know was that we were smarter than them and saw their game plan so we decided to throw the game too so that they'd lose their money...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
    They played Rapid Wien in the next round and got thrashed 8-0, and they knocked out Aston Villa out further on in the competition. It seems that Sligo losing was in many ways a good thing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast