Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 111 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Andy Reid(b 1982)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Andy Reid(b 1982)

who saw reids goal yesterday against sunderland....he wasnt great all round but he is showing more and more signs that he can be a world class player. a fantastic goal and now for the first time , i think that he deserves to go to a better club than topsy turvy tottenham! wat does every1 else think....he'd do a better job on liverpools left than harry kant kross kewell

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    He's a good player and when we sell him we're going to miss his trickery and productivity dearly, I don't think he's better than Harry Kewell though.

The acid test for Reider will be playing against Premiership opposition, that's when it'll become clear how many levels he can step up.

Ade

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    I don't think a move to spurs will materialize. They've just bought a swiss left winger.

I'd say Villa, Charlton or Birmingham

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I reckon he will go to Villa. Wouldnt be a bad move either, O leary is doing a good job there and he should get plenty of first team football

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianovic
    The acid test for Reider will be playing against Premiership opposition, that's when it'll become clear how many levels he can step up.
    Excellent point, I think he will have to work on the bod a bit and increase his stamina. He also doesn't have great pace. But he has vision and technical ability, but I hope he doesn't become another McPhail.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Nationalism is an infantile disease, the measles of mankind

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think he should go to any premiership club he can get except the relegation fodder West brom,norwich,and co.

Spurs are sh!t and playing above themselves at the moment like everton but at least they'll be in the prem next year.

If he stays at Forrest,next year he could be in coca cola second nationwide division league 2 or whatever it's feckin called these days.

Needs to move to the top flight for himself and for Ireland.
    Chamon Mothafcuka......he heeee.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    According to the Guardian he was the best player on the pitch yesterday. I wouldn't compare him to McPhail. He has done a lot more than McPhail ever has already and he is a totally different player. A move to Villa would make sense as I think O'Leary would discipline him. Fingers are definitely crossed for Mr. Reid.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    As per Fergie's Son's remark, here is what The Guardian said about Reid's performance against Sunderland:

Within six minutes Forest were level. Thomas Myhre and his captain Gary Breen left the ball for each other on the edge of the area but it spun back to Andy Reid, who chipped it back superbly into an empty net. He deserved such a clever goal because he was by far the game's best player, with the majority of Forest's moves going through him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Reid will go since forest's debt is so bad and he doesnt want to hang about. I would give Spurs new manager a while before I would judge him but Reid really needs a club that wont be fighting for relegation.

Who is this McPhail fella?!
    Its Mc Fail :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Foot.ie!

Quote Originally Posted by 1MickCollins
    I think he will have to work on the bod a bit and increase his stamina. He also doesn't have great pace. But he has vision and technical ability, but I hope he doesn't become another McPhail.
    from whenever i see him play for forest i don't think that he lacks stamina, indeed he looks like one of the fittest we have. what generally happens is reid drops deep in the centre and the keeper gives reid the ball who then proceeds to run with it untill passing or losing it! but he is always on the move never stopping and plays his heart out for forest. also....my mate is at the forest academy and i can remember aslin him who the next one to make the grade would be (just over two years ago)..and he sed andy reid had more skill than anyone and the hardest shot he had ever seen....however the next person he mentioned was brian cash ....lol

on the john thompson note....hes had a few bad injuries for forest that have kept him out for a good while but i dont think that he will every cut it at the very top level, decent nationwide defender.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thejollyrodger
    Reid will go since forest's debt is so bad and he doesnt want to hang about.
    It's not that the debt is so bad, its more the team. You can only hold a player for so long before it becomes unfair. He and Michael Dawson are head and shoulders above everyone else.

I'm a bit miffed at why Cash never got a chance, he's a good player, just had a bad record with managers.

Ade

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    i reckon cash fell at the fact he couldnt put his foot on the ball simply enough and pass it off...always one trick too man as they say

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MickCollins
    He also doesn't have great pace..
    I disagree. He may look overweight but he's actually very very quick when he wants to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    ye i'll second that, hes a very quick player on and off the ball

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    skysports website 2 Jan 2005:
    Harford wants Reid stay
    by Simon Fudge

Nottingham Forest caretaker manager Mick Harford is hoping midfielder Andy Reid does not leave in the January transfer window.
    The Republic of Ireland international has attracted the interest of several Premiership clubs - with Forest having rebuffed Tottenham's interest in the 22-year-old back in the summer.
    With the window now open for the month, Everton and Charlton Athletic have also been linked with luring the youngster's services away from The City Ground.
    With Forest second from bottom and six points adrift of safety, Harford is desperate to have Reid in his side for the relegation dogfight that faces the East Midlands club.
    "Andy is very important to this football club and I don't want him to go," Harford said.
    "He's our most creative player and we've got a far better chance of staying up, if he stays.
    "I like him as a professional and a person and want him here. He's going to be linked with Premiership clubs, but that's because he's a quality player.
    "I've heard nothing as yet, but the position we're in here is alarming and it's going to affect our chances, if he goes."

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Paddy
    Nobody cares about Forest's "position". Reid should get out now and let them make their few quid out of him - they'll need it when they're playing Colchester in front of 4,000 next season. Reid can do a hell of a lot better in a division where he'll be tested even further.
    We've won 2 European Cups son, sleeping giants, that's all.

It's just a quote to get his name around in the media and see if we can attract any more bids. Also, it prepares the excuse to any fans who are surprised to see him go that the club at least made the effort to try and do so.

Reid is fit enough to do any 90 minutes you like and he has great acceleration, although I concede his top speed isn't Duffers.

Ade

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Very little speculation as the window opens. I reckon he'ill be stayin at Forest in a bid to save em' from the drop just like last year. He has to move either way in the summer. Villa would be a great move but looks like too much of a risk at the price Forest are looking for. Its not the best postion for a footballer so good luck to him..... he needs to keep his head down and wait........his time will come I only hope its sooner rather than later.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Not a hope of him staying. He stayed last year to aid the relegation battle after the chairman gave 'his word' that should an acceptable offer come in the the summer he could go then. Only for the chairman to go back on his word. That's what the trouble was earlier in the season.

Yet another example of loyalty being a vice in any footballer. You have to think of yourself and rightly so. Clubs dispose of players at the drop of a hat if they feel they're surplus to requirement. When a player outgrows a club he should move on. Obviously I'm not talking of doing a Van Hooijdonk....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    the media hype around him in nottingham is quieter than ever at the moment. i really dont know who is willing to fork out the money, reid is keeping quiet as well. i think theres a chance of him staying

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Captain today, his last game before he leaves no doubt.

We did the same gesture for Jermaine Jenas a few games before he went.

Ade

Page 1 of 111 1231151101 ... LastLast