Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MNS 9 Nov

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeNiro View Post
    Thanks Marty. Is there any more bad press to come I wonder. It must be nearly all out in the open at this stage. I presume Derry's explusion would stop any of their players representing Ireland U23s in the forthcoming international challenge trophy next year.
    thats an interesting observation deniro that hasnt bein brought up yet about the Ireland Under23s. Im sure if the players dont make the phonecall to the fai by thursday they wont play simple as..
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexy View Post
    Delaney and Gavin are wasters in suits, Derry deserve to be relegated but so do a number of other teams. They say 20 contracted players at derry have 2nd contracts, prove it then. Why have they asked dcfc players to come forward who have 2nd contracts. If they had the evidence then the players needen come forward. If they dont come forward they cant sign for another team in the whole of ireland, what a load of garbage. Delaney has been looking for this excuse for sometime to get rid of Derry and have a FAD PREMIER LEAGUE ( Football Association of Dublin League ), what Delaney forgets is that before he was even in power DCFC kept a lot of LOI clubs in business with their away support over the years, in cup competitions every team wanted to play Derry, hes a miserable man whos face will crack at the thought of a smile. My wifes french and i woz looking forward to the game this Saturday, but now my allegance wll be with Les Bleus, and will only laugh at Delaney when we dont get to the world cup as the man is an absolute lying clown. Never liked him and hate him even more now
    Glad to see you are so patriotic.

Would really love to have you behind me in a battle...not
    Why are people who "need no introduction" always introduced?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weatherman View Post
    what did he do??
    It was his revelations that started this. He is on loan to Fingal from Derry so knows the whole inside track.
    Why are people who "need no introduction" always introduced?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prince20 View Post
    It was his revelations that started this. He is on loan to Fingal from Derry so knows the whole inside track.
    What did he say?? How could one player open this whole thing?
    roddy collins should be a comedian!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weatherman View Post
    What did he say?? How could one player open this whole thing?
    Read the thread FFS.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prince20 View Post
    Glad to see you are so patriotic.

Would really love to have you behind me in a battle...not
    Why support an association or league who doesnt back its fellow clubs. What has delaney done for the LOI, NOTHING and never will hes more interested in himself than any club on the Isle. Wasnt he the one who appointed Steve Staunton ( someone who never managed a club before ) a cheap option a few years back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    flexy i feel your pain but dont stop supporting your country or your next door neighbours just because your club fcuked up.
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    If it rids Derry City of the directorship that presided over this affair and enables the City of Derry to have a club in the near future that they can once again be proud off, then I salute Darren Quigley.
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

Blog

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    That's some phone signal Sean Connor has in Killybegs. It took over the whole North West of the country.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Rico's little speech was interesting, when he referred to the cleansing of the league

Nice to see everything is Still rosy in the garden, despite what has happened

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofstan View Post
    You guys auditioning for the 'MOPE' role now that Derry are gone?
    MOPE Role? Please explain

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Most Oppressed People Ever.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Boru View Post
    Con was negative deriding the league; the state of the grounds etc etc. He was negative. The league is of good standard. Eg Pats ( average LoI team ) tremendous run in Europe, Bohs should have beaten Salzburg etc. Objective proof. The crowds are lacking, thats all. Does he expect we should have grounds like the Emirates in Sligo, Bray etc. There is very little wrong with the league. .
    thought Con murphy was ridiculous last night. At one stage he asked Gavin "if the LOI was dead", as a buddy of his thought. WTF?

Methinks Con is still upset the mighty hoops didn't finish the season as champions,the way it happened in his dreams
    I'm what? I'm ants at a picnic?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Most Oppressed People Ever.
    Jews. No wait, the palestinians. No wait, the Jews. No wait...
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexy View Post
    Delaney and Gavin are wasters in suits, Derry deserve to be relegated but so do a number of other teams. They say 20 contracted players at derry have 2nd contracts, prove it then. Why have they asked dcfc players to come forward who have 2nd contracts. If they had the evidence then the players needen come forward. If they dont come forward they cant sign for another team in the whole of ireland, what a load of garbage. Delaney has been looking for this excuse for sometime to get rid of Derry and have a FAD PREMIER LEAGUE ( Football Association of Dublin League ), what Delaney forgets is that before he was even in power DCFC kept a lot of LOI clubs in business with their away support over the years, in cup competitions every team wanted to play Derry, hes a miserable man whos face will crack at the thought of a smile. My wifes french and i woz looking forward to the game this Saturday, but now my allegance wll be with Les Bleus, and will only laugh at Delaney when we dont get to the world cup as the man is an absolute lying clown. Never liked him and hate him even more now

Crazy post in my opinion...you wont support your country(pressume your Irish?) in the biggest game in years because of John Delaney??..thats rubbish first of all...
    secondly, i never thought id be on here defending Delaney but people seem to only associate him with the success(or lack there of) of the National team and also lately with the domestic league(which already had many problems before The FAI took over)..but there is much more to his job then that..the developments in grassroots soccer in this country under his tenure have been great..with Rugby also up there with GAA as alternatives for our kids to play now this work is vital...i've been involved in youth soccer in sligo/Leitrim for a few years now and the improvement in access to coaches,coaching courses,better facilities etc has to be mentioned...its the only way we progress the game and breed the next generation of players...Counties having their own development officers who travel to schools and clubs coaching youngsters and encouraging them to play our sport...providing courses from Kickstart 1 up to your UEFA badge courses which provide people with the oppurtunity to become qualified coaches....i think these dramatic improvements brought about under Delaney deserve a mention.

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Delaney my hat - no development of teams in Mullingar despite all the FAI handouts
    Just teams broken up

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MariborKev View Post
    If the FAI had all the evidence on Saturday, common decency would say you give it to the accuse. Instead, Delaney is going for the death by a thousand cuts approach using the media.
    Firstly, I know this was posted before the various statements last night, so maybe it no longer reflects your current point of view, and if not that's fair enough.

However, I just wanted to point out that according to the FAI, they did discuss the evidence they had with Derry. The Derry board denied that, but the reality is it has now been proven that they were lying through their teeth about a number of points over the past few days, so I'm fairly happy to accept the FAI's account on this one.

This much is not in dispute: the FAI handed down a punishment to the DCFC board face to face in the first instance, and the DCFC board knew full well that they were guilty of all accusations. The FAI only took the extraordinary route of showing evidence to the media after the Derry board brazenly pleaded their innocence via the media even though they knew they'd been caught red handed.

IMO, Delaney just chose to fight fire with fire, and succeeded in doing so. I'm afraid the fact that it ended up being "death by a thousand cuts" via the media is, just like the rest of this debacle, entirely the fault of the DCFC board.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Players have admitted their dual contracts today:

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/1111/derrycity.html
    http://trophymanager.com/?c=489688
    Trophy Manager - online football managment game - I like it - I think I'm getting obsessed with it though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234