Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DCFC fans do you consider yourselves hard done by?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

DCFC fans do you consider yourselves hard done by?

And wondering who is getting the blame up in Derry? Is today's decision viewed as being very harsh? Is the FAI or the board get stick?

The one thing that stuck me, and unless i missed it, was none of the directors of Derry City came out and explain to people what happened or apologise for what they done, i would have thought they needed to this to their own fans and the people of the city who worked so hard to get the team back into senior football nearly 25 years ago. What ever happens lets hope Derry are not too long in getting back into the league of Ireland. A black black day for the league although i would be surprised if Derry were the only team at this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    If what we have been accused of is true, then no, not really.
    It seems a little harsh considering some of the other dodgy stuff that's been going on with regard to the 65% rule, like Bohs very well paid bar staff, but I'm guessing we're being made an example of. Had to happen to someone.

Hopefully this'll be the start of the FAI actually enforcing rules properly. I think the League will be a better place for the FAI's decision in the long-run.

Still gutted though.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    I can't see how they can consider themselves hard done by.

600 grand in debt, failure to pay Dungannon Swifts the money they are owed on multiple occasions yet purchasing players at the same time.

Not to mention McDaid is a corner boy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Yesterday's decision had nothing to do with our debt.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Oh right. Fair enough then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    Their expulsion from the league has nothing to do with any of those issues you mention though awec, it's only got to do with the issue of players having secret second contracts. The FAI are saying that 20 players had these contracts and DCFC are denying it and saying that the FAI couldn't produce any evidence. It's just a case of who you are going to believe. I tend to believe the FAI on this one. Why would the FAI just go and make this up and go on a witch hunt against DCFC? That doesn't make any sense.
    www.dundalkfc.com

Colin Scanlon - hero!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    McDaid's comments about Bray and Drogheda needing to look into their conscience before taking the pitch on Tuesday also seem a little rich given how they've treated Dungannon Swifts.
    Lets redefine what it means to heal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFShels View Post
    McDaid's comments about Bray and Drogheda needing to look into their conscience before taking the pitch on Tuesday also seem a little rich given how they've treated Dungannon Swifts.
    McDaid is an absolute cornerboy of the highest order.

I daresay if Derry do somehow manage to get through all this, very few will be happy to do business with them while that man remains their Chairman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    If what we have been accused of is true, then no, not really.
    It seems a little harsh considering some of the other dodgy stuff that's been going on with regard to the 65% rule, like Bohs very well paid bar staff, but I'm guessing we're being made an example of. Had to happen to someone.

Hopefully this'll be the start of the FAI actually enforcing rules properly. I think the League will be a better place for the FAI's decision in the long-run.

Still gutted though.
    To be honest kicking you out of the league in my view is very very harsh although saying that all the facts are not out. I would have thought relegation to the A championship would have been as severe as it would have got. I got the feeling that there was no love lost between both groups, or as Brandy said the FAI were so p'd off with Derry and the league in general that they just f it lets make a real example of the next club.

Brandy do you think you will go back to the Irish league or to the League of Ireland?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awec View Post
    McDaid is an absolute cornerboy of the highest order.

I daresay if Derry do somehow manage to get through all this, very few will be happy to do business with them while that man remains their Chairman.
    Sorry Corner man never heard of that before what does it mean?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I hope they are geared up to play Ards, Carrick and Glebe next season.
    Linfield Football Club - Hatchets & Hammers - You Can Only Envy Us

A Blue 52

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    They could play Dergview on Boxing Day.
    Linfield Football Club - Hatchets & Hammers - You Can Only Envy Us

A Blue 52

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Why does every thread about Derry include at least one IL wet dream?

We haven't played in the IL for over 35 years. Why aren't there threads about bringing back Drumcondra and Distillery moving back to Grosvenor?

Going back to the OP's question, based on what I know, we got what we deserved. For the last 4 seasons people on here have been imploring the FAI to get tough and enforce their rules. And it looks like they have. All I would ask is that they enforce them equally as consistently going forward.

So, IMO, not hard done by.

But it's still a sickening feeling regardless of whether it's expected or deserved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    I agree with ORA, we only get what we sow and the DCFC board have obviously.......... so took us true diehard Derry fans to the cleaners.

I'm glad the F.A.I have finally come down properly on a club............sad as feck it's us but it's deserved.

I've only missed one competitive home game since 1985 and a few friendlies and always been at the forefront when the **** hit the fan for fund-raising, I am one of the two people who founded the Brandywell supporters club and organised numerous trips in Europe football.

But I would rather watch A league football with a club that is not cheating other clubs and our own fans than cheat other clubs who stick to the rules.

A seriously gutted Derry City fan.!!!!!

Seán

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk_9s...eature=related
    Last edited by Candystripe; 08/11/2009 at 5:03 AM. Reason: Thought I would add this link, a bad day.............
    So if you think Bohs are big read this. http://www.astronomy.ie/perpespective.html

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'd have thought relegation to the 1st Division would have been harsh, but this is very surprising. It may well be a case that there will be another club going the DCFC way soon.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I really don't know what to say. It just goes from bad to worse. Every time there is a news story about the league it's a negative one. When the FAI took over the running of the league I really thought we had turned a corner and that things would get better but every time I think we have hit rock bottom we go another level, and I say we because although I'm not a Derry City fan everybody in the league suffers with stories like these. I'm not criticising the FAI here because I shudder to think where the league would be if they didn't take it over. When are clubs, club chairmen and boards going to stop f***king about and stop messing the fans around, fans that turn up every week and pay hard earned money to watch games, buy raffle tickets, dig them out of their latest hole and take the mocking of so called football fans who support British teams (and I put Celtic in that bracket), fans who will never know what it's like to be a fan of a team rather than be another customer or another market that can be tapped in order to gain even more millions.
    How can we hope to attach people, sponsors or praise when clubs are doing stupid things like this? How did Derry City think they were going to get away with this?
    I would dearly hope that this time we have actually hit rock bottom but the only question I end up asking is who's going to be next?
    "It's not the despair; I can handle the despair. It's the hope I can't stand." John Cleese on supporting a LOI club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Graemerz
    I hope they are geared up to play Ards, Carrick and Glebe next season.
    In all probability they'll be back to play Athlone, Waterford, and Monaghan next March.

In other words, I think the decision will be appealed, and for some reason they'll be allowed back in. This is just the opening part of the saga.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestexile View Post
    take the mocking of so called football fans who support British teams (and I put Celtic in that bracket)
    Why the need to qualify this? Of course they are British, they are in a British city playing in a British league. Just because they think they are Irish doesn't mean they are - I mean, I think my club is the greatest in the world. Okay, silly comparison, it obviously is!!
    Last edited by WoodquayBoy; 08/11/2009 at 8:12 AM. Reason: sp
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    Why the need to qualify this? Of course they are British, they are in a British city playing in a British league. Just because they think they are Irish doesn't mean they are - I mean, I think my club is the greatest in the world. Okay, silly comparison, it obviously is!!
    Technically so are Derry

Derry deserved this, and hopefully Cork will follow. But the FAI and that c unt Delaney have a lot to answer for

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    Technically so are Derry
    Derry is on the island of Britain, eh? I feel sick for the fans and to see the club implode in such a fashion. Really going to miss the trip to the Brandywell and having you lot down in Oriel, hopefully you'll regroup and have a club representing the city in the league next season.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast