Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DCFC fans do you consider yourselves hard done by?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    What does HMRC stand for?
    Revenue Commisioner?
    "I'm just a chilled out entertainer"

Blog

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Graemerz View Post
    They could play Dergview on Boxing Day.
    This is rich coming from a blues man whose club gets £800k a yr from their football association

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    If it's true, we deserve what we get. I don't really care if other teams are doing it: that doesn't make it OK.

The board have been completely closed up when it comes to giving information about circumstances, so there's no way that they can turn around and say that they've been frozen out and are the victims in all this.

As a Derry fan, I think we've done a lot for the LoI, we've been great representatives in Europe, and have surely been one of the bigger draws. I don't buy into this episode being an FAI conspiracy.

And there's no hope that a surviving board will be trusted by anyone in football. north or south of the border.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    Her Maj's Revenue Commission.
    Her Maj's Revenue and Customs, to be pedantic.

The tax man, in laymans terms.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Justice has to be seen to be done. And thats what the FAI did on Saturday.
    In the coming weeks comes the fudge. Entry into the First Division under a different holding company.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers Maniac View Post
    Sorry Corner man never heard of that before what does it mean?
    It's a phrase that went out with flatcaps and schoolboys in shorts....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    Why does every thread about Derry include at least one IL wet dream?

We haven't played in the IL for over 35 years. Why aren't there threads about bringing back Drumcondra and Distillery moving back to Grosvenor?
    One word explains it - obsession.

It's like claiming you don't care about your ex wife any more, than spending all your time bitching about her and finding our from everyone what she's been doing.

City fans have forgotten all about the IL and moved on. It seems those in the IL are still in mourning, whetehr they realise it or not. And we all know they'd have us back in a heartbeat.

Quite simply obsessed.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Dont worry Steve, ur ex wifes doin just fine.....!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eelmonster View Post
    Huh? I was taking issue with the poster who said Derry were a British team, my point was that in order for Derry, or any part of Northern Ireland for that matter, to be British it would have to be located on the island Britain.
    Sadly, not true.

'Britain' is a geographical term. 'British' is a nationality. The two are very different.

To be part of Britain, you have to be located on the island of Britain.

For something to be British, it just has to be 'owned' by Britain. Hence the Falkland Islanders, for example, are British - despite being about as far from Britain as you can get.

Though being in Ireland, the people of Derry have a choice as to whether they themselves are British or Irish. And we know how the vast majority choose.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kildareman View Post
    Dont worry Steve, ur ex wifes doin just fine.....!!
    Which one....?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    I don't feel hard done by as a City fan. That's assuming the charge made against the club is true. Given I'm not aware of the Board coming out to say that it isn't true - instead making a smokescreen about process, treatment and 'shame on the FAI' - I'm lead to suspect that it is indeed.

Everyone on foot.ie has been banging on for ages now about the need for the rules to be implemented and the fudging stopped. No-one wants their club to be the one caught standing when the music stops, but it had to be someone at some point. Disappointing that it's us, but we have no-one else to blame, and the small number of City fans clinging to conspiracy theories just need to grow the fcuk up.

As for the City fans gurning that it didn't happen to Shelbourne - the point is that the rules were different then. And again -if the fudging is ever to stop, then someone has to be the first victim. Tough sh!t that it's us.

Finally - lots of other clubs may have secondary contracts as well. But has concrete proof of it fallen into the FAI's hands ? I suspect not. Hence why the FAI are coming down hard on the first club that they apparently have evidence of it at. I suspect there'll be some very nervous off-the-record conversations happening between Boards and players at certain clubs over the next week, as no-one else wants to get caught out. Ironically - those players elsewhere on secondary contracst may actually benefit financially out of it whilst their contracts remains -as which club wants to risk them blowing the whistle ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    One word explains it - obsession.

It's like claiming you don't care about your ex wife any more, than spending all your time bitching about her and finding our from everyone what she's been doing.

City fans have forgotten all about the IL and moved on. It seems those in the IL are still in mourning, whetehr they realise it or not. And we all know they'd have us back in a heartbeat.

Quite simply obsessed.
    It's not obsession.

A lot of people just got fed up with the continual "self-pity" that always seemed to flow from the Brandywell.

I doubt anyone actively WANTS you back, the question is whether we would be happy if you did come back. Personally I wouldn't care, though I wouldn't actively pursue you to come back what with the dodgy contracts, poor stadium and pathetic business behaviour.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awec View Post
    It's not obsession.

A lot of people just got fed up with the continual "self-pity" that always seemed to flow from the Brandywell.

I doubt anyone actively WANTS you back, the question is whether we would be happy if you did come back. Personally I wouldn't care, though I wouldn't actively pursue you to come back what with the dodgy contracts, poor stadium and pathetic business behaviour.
    Well said.

There was hardly any mention of DCFC, never mind "obsessing", by IL fans up until a few weeks ago.

But when a club which was a member of the IL for nearly 50 years, is still technically a member of the IFA and which is located in NI's second city, suddenly finds its very existence as a LOI club under threat, fans of IL clubs are bound to be interested.

I am still sympathetic to fans who must be in shock at what's happening to their club, but just as their Board were unable to hold back economic reality, they (fans) are liable to have to face up to new realities of their own, including the possibility (no more than that) of being forced to re-enter the IL.

Or is Liam Coyle just another "obsessive"?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...sh/8325118.stm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    can i ask, everyone is of the opinion that Derry CIty will apply to play in the first diviision next season. But if your not in the league, which tech Derry arnt atm, dont they have to apply to join the A league?

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gael353 View Post
    can i ask, everyone is of the opinion that Derry CIty will apply to play in the first diviision next season. But if your not in the league, which tech Derry arnt atm, dont they have to apply to join the A league?
    There seems to be rumours that the A league will be discontinued. Which I think would be a retrogade step.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EalingGreen View Post
    Well said.

There was hardly any mention of DCFC, never mind "obsessing", by IL fans up until a few weeks ago.

But when a club which was a member of the IL for nearly 50 years, is still technically a member of the IFA and which is located in NI's second city, suddenly finds its very existence as a LOI club under threat, fans of IL clubs are bound to be interested.

I am still sympathetic to fans who must be in shock at what's happening to their club, but just as their Board were unable to hold back economic reality, they (fans) are liable to have to face up to new realities of their own, including the possibility (no more than that) of being forced to re-enter the IL.

Or is Liam Coyle just another "obsessive"?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...sh/8325118.stm
    I do fee sorry for the Derry fans to see their club being messed about like this.

But the blame lies fairly at the feet of McDaid and his co-horts, and for them I feel no pity at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    When you consider what other clubs have got away with (including us and cork last season -and especially cork this season, dundalk this season also - and thats not even mentioning bohs), theres no doubt the brits have been hard done by.

Fair enough they broke the rules - but how many other clubs have broken the rules this season?

I'd be fairly p***** off if i was a derry fan this weekend, if cork get a premier division license for next season.

However, it this is the start of the FAI finally hitting clubs hard that break the rules (and cork and bohs are next), I welcome it.

Do I feel sorry for derry though? not at all - the way their club (with the backing of their fans) tried to kill our club and knock us when we were down a few years ago was an absolue disgrace - good to see them take some of their own medicine finally after that sickening attack on our club
    DAN CONNOR HATES CITY, HE HATES LANGERS

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    How can you support the FAI hitting clubs who break the rules hard, and yet bear a grudge when Derry - through the League of Ireland (composed at the time by members of all the league clubs) - hit Drogheda hard, a club who broke the rules? (Trading company not filing annual returns or accounts to try avoid paying off the company's debts). There appears to be a bit of inconsistency there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    How can you support the FAI hitting clubs who break the rules hard, and yet bear a grudge when Derry - through the League of Ireland (composed at the time by members of all the league clubs) - hit Drogheda hard, a club who broke the rules? (Trading company not filing annual returns or accounts to try avoid paying off the company's debts). There appears to be a bit of inconsistency there.
    Not at all Stu - thats up to the FAI to hit the clubs - - totally different matter for a club thinking theyve a chance of going down to go after another club in the relegation zone to help keep themselves up - for one club trying to kill off another club is a totally different matter!! (and if ye think they did it for the leagues sake, rather than their own selfish reasons, im very surprised at ye!!)

I'd be personally be disgusted if drogheda ever actively went after a club like derry did with us!

(though i do see why you might think there was inconsisteny with my post - but i see it differently to ye!)
    Last edited by Cosmo; 08/11/2009 at 6:50 PM.
    DAN CONNOR HATES CITY, HE HATES LANGERS

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    In fairness, that was the way the league was arranged then; the clubs ran it, so the clubs had to keep an eye on each other. (It's obviously, shall we say, unfortunate if a one club squealed on a relegation co-rival). In a way though, it's far better than the scheme we have now, where no-one's keeping an eye on the clubs (cos the FAI don't care) and which has led to the environment where clubs can get away with anything.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast