Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Latest Scores November 6th

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufc2000 View Post
    Small squad, seem to run outta steam, but they are young, and if we can stay up, they'll be stronger with the year behind them

Agree, our attendances have been appalling. Tonights game was a must-win, and the crowd came out. They only come out when its do or die
    Same as last year when ye escaped relegation on the final night.
    Coleman for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SligoBrewer View Post
    And only they care.
    Sligo fans patting themselves on the back that a club with twice the budget of another can accumulate a single point more over a season.....good work there fellas.

Galway have overachieved massively this season with the squad they have, which along with Pat's and Sligo's poor form saw them look comfortable in mid table for large parts of the campaign. Most sensible United fans would have taken this position at the start of the season, a home game against Drogheda, which may not yet transpire if rumours are to be believed.

Best of luck to Sligo against Sporting in the Cup final.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    In fairness United didn't collapse towards the end either. They kept picking up points. Took 5 points from the last 5 games even though their away form was not good during the run-in. It's just that Sligo went on a great run towards the end as did Pat's to a lesser extent and pipped them. C'est la vie.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdjaC View Post
    In fairness the smugness from Dundalk fans on here seems to show they are ok with it.
    I have not heard a single Dundalk fan that is "ok" with it.

The amount of yellow and red cards accumlated is quite simply unacceptable.

Suppose being 4th or 5th has blinkered them to the fact their players are going out to do players in.

2 broken legs in one match ffs
    Outrageous and completely disingenuous - Gary Dempsey and Mark Leech were both injured in the same match in Inchicore in the first series. Both were clearly accidental injuries and nothing to do with "doing players in".

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

fair play to rovers fans for not reacting to Pats gimps on the pitch in Richmond.
    Thanks for that .Very proud of our fans tonight good party atmosphere despite being played off the park.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

fair play to rovers fans for not reacting to Pats gimps on the pitch in Richmond.
    Thanks for that .Very proud of our fans tonight good party atmosphere despite being played off the park.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    yeah, im watching at work but missed that bit (not doing an Arsene Wenger, honest!). Im sure it will be put up here in full. Either way it would have been nice if the few idiots involved could have behaved themselves on what should have been an evening for having a laugh. Ill say more on it when i see it and when i hear from those who were at the game.

Yeah, i thought the Pats fans on the pitch were giving it the large one a bit unnecessarily...

I am in no way condoning the aftermath in bray tonight but i can never understand why the guards feel the need to stand literally face to face with the fans, it causes problems. why can they not stand to the side and be on hand if they are needed. Tonight the guards got heavy-handed with lads who were jumping around celebrating the league success which obviously sparked uproar...if they werent there there simply wouldnt have been a problem. Its not like they were trying to keep two sets of fans apart, they need to take a more sensible approach.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by topia View Post
    I am in no way condoning the aftermath in bray tonight but i can never understand why the guards feel the need to stand literally face to face with the fans, it causes problems. why can they not stand to the side and be on hand if they are needed. Tonight the guards got heavy-handed with lads who were jumping around celebrating the league success which obviously sparked uproar...if they werent there there simply wouldnt have been a problem. Its not like they were trying to keep two sets of fans apart, they need to take a more sensible approach.
    Read match thread on Bohs.com then tell us the Gardai were to blame!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Speaking as a man that was in the middle of it , it was entirely the fault of the garda, they had the hump all night over the beach balls, a smart comment was made by a young bohs fan who promptly was punched in the face by a rookie cop,his mates got involved and it went pear shaped, i attended the game with two people who are regulers at english league one football and they were amazed at the attitude of the garda, a properly trained police officer will stand off and difuse the situation, a templemore rookie will steam in and escalate the situation, not saying bohs fans were right to throw seats just saying things would never have got that far with a properly trained police force who doesnt see a "soccer" match as a chance to get "stuck in"to "dubs". (awaits condemnation)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Yeah i'm sure the Wrexham fans over were there purely to watch Owen Heary lift the trophy
    They always cheat, they always lie
    **** Delaney and the FAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers fan
    I hate that crap about not "deserving to be relegated" It doesn't matter a sh**e how well ye played ye finished with 42 points which was good enough for 8th place. Didn't hear ya complaining about the playoff structure before tonight!

Mind you, I hope Galway don't go down. The shortest trip for us and it's good to have the auld rivalry
    178 kilometres isn't a short trip. Apart from the fact that Galway and Sligo are both in the same province, the distance is too big to describe it as a derby.

It is a joke that the 8th place team has to play-off to avoid the drop, having said that Galway are a very poor side. Last week, they had 1 shot on target. Fair enough that's all they needed, but having watched 3 of our 4 games against them this season, they showed little ambition, and carried less attacking threat. The fact they couldn't get out of the crap, in the best position going into last night with the last game at home, shows how they've performed this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    It's ridiculous Galway now have to play off with Drogheda after finishing ten points ahead of them. I can understand the logic of second last playing second from top in the first but but the one off games between Galway and Drogs is daft. The same goes for the Fingal and Shels play off. It's a league after all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    178 kilometres isn't a short trip. Apart from the fact that Galway and Sligo are both in the same province, the distance is too big to describe it as a derby.

It is a joke that the 8th place team has to play-off to avoid the drop, having said that Galway are a very poor side. Last week, they had 1 shot on target. Fair enough that's all they needed, but having watched 3 of our 4 games against them this season, they showed little ambition, and carried less attacking threat. The fact they couldn't get out of the crap, in the best position going into last night with the last game at home, shows how they've performed this season.
    Good man sour grapes because we got a point that denied ye a tilt at the title this week. We did very well on a small budget, Ian Foster worked wonders with this team this year. Not many people gave us a chance of staying up, but we have almost achieved that target. Last night was the first time we were in the bottom 3 all year. I think you must understand that last night we were playing against a team who actually had something to play for, we were missing or two centre halves, and our captain wasn't able to start.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by red bellied View Post
    It's ridiculous Galway now have to play off with Drogheda after finishing ten points ahead of them. I can understand the logic of second last playing second from top in the first but but the one off games between Galway and Drogs is daft. The same goes for the Fingal and Shels play off. It's a league after all.
    Agree with you, not just because we finsihed there. I think in the First Division there should be 3 play-off places available to give more teams something to play for, and only having the 9th placed team in the Prem in the play-offs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    We got what we deserved. We knew at the season that eighth place meant a play-ff, so doesn't matter if we finished 1, 10 or 40 points ahead of team below us, we are in the play-off positions.
    Disappointed with last night but we didn't deserve to win. We finished with the worst defensive record in the division (57 goals conceded) so I can't see how people argue we don;t deserve to be where we are. a 5-0 thumping by Bohs might not be any great shame, but a 4-0 hammering at the hands of Drogheda (with the greatest of respect to Drogheda) is unacceptable.
    I wish United fans would take of the glasses they obviouosly hand out as Foster Appreciation Club meetings - he did a good job on a tight budget, but nothing he is partly the reason we finished where we did, playing earlier in the season in a 4-5-1 formation at home, I remember people complaining at the time about his tactics.
    I'm not saying I know someone who would do a better job who is available and would come in, but in my opinion, we got what we deserved with a manager who was nothing special.
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    2 broken legs in one match ffs
    Were you at the match?? Neither was a bad tackle. Actually neither was a free kick if i recall. The scary thing is we're not even a dirty team. We get a serious amount of bookings for dissent which has been let go all season by our manager

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Could you please provide a link to the where it states the distances required between clubs for a derby?

IMO Ian Foster is the manager of the year in the league.
    A model of professionalism in a club falling falling apart financially and not one bit of cribbing or moaning from him, just got on with his job and did admirably.
    Just for him I hope Galway stay up but also as is pointed out I hope they dont get relegated.
    Im sick of "away" trips to the pale every other week and Galway is one of the best away trips there is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    We got what we deserved. We knew at the season that eighth place meant a play-ff, so doesn't matter if we finished 1, 10 or 40 points ahead of team below us, we are in the play-off positions.
    Disappointed with last night but we didn't deserve to win. We finished with the worst defensive record in the division (57 goals conceded) so I can't see how people argue we don;t deserve to be where we are. a 5-0 thumping by Bohs might not be any great shame, but a 4-0 hammering at the hands of Drogheda (with the greatest of respect to Drogheda) is unacceptable.
    I wish United fans would take of the glasses they obviouosly hand out as Foster Appreciation Club meetings - he did a good job on a tight budget, but nothing he is partly the reason we finished where we did, playing earlier in the season in a 4-5-1 formation at home, I remember people complaining at the time about his tactics.
    I'm not saying I know someone who would do a better job who is available and would come in, but in my opinion, we got what we deserved with a manager who was nothing special.
    Nothing special? Lets bring Spoofer back so and play hoofball for 90 minutes. You're laughable you are. Agree we conceded lots of goals, but Barry Ryan was brilliant all year.

You just can't please some people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    You must have nothing better to do this morning if all you can do is talk about Galway being a poor side, and try and claim that Galway and Sligo is not a derby,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Real Rover
    Could you please provide a link to the where it states the distances required between clubs for a derby?

Im sick of "away" trips to the pale every other week and Galway is one of the best away trips there is.
    Longford and Harps are much nearer to Sligo, likewise Athlone is an hour from Galway. Limerick isn't that much further away. That's a derby. The fact they're in different divisions makes no difference.

Trying to claim Galway-Sligo is a derby is akin to claiming Cork-Galway is.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast