Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Shels v Sporting Fingal Playoff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    The ref had a nightmare of a game,it was never a peno the foul was outside the box and the sending off was a joke,that incident happens every week without a player getting booked yet last night the ref(Declan Hanney I think it was) decided to give Flood his 2nd yellow,common sense should of came into play,2-1 in the biggest game of the season with 15 mins left all Flood wanted to do was get the match restarted asap.After he was sent off everybody knew that Shels wouldnt score again pity though it would of made it an interesting last 15 mins if it was 11 v 11.

After the results last night Fingal are promoted there is no way Bray will win over the 2 legs,I hope they do but cant see it happening

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    what will happen to the shels squad and dermot keely for next season? ie I cant imagine Ritchie Baker stayin another season in the first division no offence!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Wouldn't be surpised to see one or two of the better ones head to Drogheda, the likes of Damien Brennan and Baker maybe.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Wouldn't be surpised to see one or two of the better ones head to Drogheda, the likes of Damien Brennan and Baker maybe.
    Damien Brennan certainly wouldn't be classed as one of their better ones going on his performance against us recently, looked to be over the hill to me. Definitely wouldn't hack it in the Premier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Heard McAllister is off to Rovers

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    what will happen to the shels squad and dermot keely for next season? ie I cant imagine Ritchie Baker stayin another season in the first division no offence!
    Well hopefully Keely leaves. He can't take us any further than here. As for your Baker comment, you almost seem to be insinuating that he's good and not only that but good enough to play in the Premier. Not a chance, he'll be lucky if we keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Daisy has been bloody woeful all season, don't think anyone would have him and i certainly don't want him at Shels but thats not my call.

Quote Originally Posted by The Betting Man View Post
    Heard McAllister is off to Rovers
    Possibly so, although there was talk that he may be going to travel Oz for a while, though that may be nonsense. If he did go Rovers then fair play to him, himself and Delany pretty much dragged us to that play off last night, on their own and they are both playing below themselves at Shels. Both would be good enough for a top 3 Premier side.
    Last edited by Hairy Bowsie; 11/11/2009 at 11:38 AM.
    They always cheat, they always lie
    **** Delaney and the FAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy Bowsie View Post
    As for your Baker comment, you almost seem to be insinuating that he's good and not only that but good enough to play in the Premier. Not a chance, he'll be lucky if we keep him.
    Was your best player against us a few weeks ago. Granted, most of your other players were crap that night, but still, thought he looked like he still has it in him to play in the premier.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy Bowsie View Post
    Well hopefully Keely leaves. He can't take us any further than here. As for your Baker comment, you almost seem to be insinuating that he's good and not only that but good enough to play in the Premier. Not a chance, he'll be lucky if we keep him.

Daisy has been bloody woeful all season, don't think anyone would have him and i certainly don't want him at Shels but thats not my call.
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town View Post
    Damien Brennan certainly wouldn't be classed as one of their better ones going on his performance against us recently, looked to be over the hill to me. Definitely wouldn't hack it in the Premier.
    Fair enough, seen sweet FA of him this year really. Maybe I'm just remembering him in his heyday.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town View Post
    Was your best player against us a few weeks ago. Granted, most of your other players were crap that night, but still, thought he looked like he still has it in him to play in the premier.
    He's capable of a good game now and again but i honestly don't think he's Premier standard anymore, he just couldn't do it consistantly enough. His 2nd half of the season was good but not brilliant. The first half of the season, he was over weight and just pure muck.
    They always cheat, they always lie
    **** Delaney and the FAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Went along last night and wasn't too impressed with Shels at all. Daisy was shocking and Richie Baker doesn't look anything like the player he was before.

I thought Peter Hynes had lost a bit of weight since I last saw him but he looks more like a Junior footballer.

The sending off seemed harsh - though I couldn't clearly see what he did - but I'd have thought it should've been a straight red or nothing.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Didnt realise that things had got bad for Ritchie.. so it just shows to prove his decline started when he went to drogs..
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Just seen the sending off. It was an absolute disgrace. Hard to believe a teams season can boil down to such an awful decision.
    Champions 2010
    Champions 2011
    Dick Brush 1 Sligo 0
    Bohs are going bust.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567