Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shels v Sporting Fingal Playoff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Buile Shuibhne View Post
    You've never had anthing near 700 paying supporters of your team at one of your games.
    Exactly, what was it 42 fans at a Cup semi?

bhs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I think Fingal will be to strong for us but if we've to have any chance we have to secure 2nd spot and play them at tolka. If i'm not to mistaken shels have'nt beaten fingal at morten and fingal have'nt beat shels at tolka?

After what Fingal done to bray i'd imagine the premier divison teams will prefare to play shels. I could'nt see any of the teams bar maybe pats beating fingal if they were to lose their play off.

Shels and pats in the play off final would be very tasty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Exactly, what was it 42 fans at a Cup semi?

bhs
    Whats your point?

At least they got to a semi final and didnt get knocked out by a non league team!

Cant we just talk about the match!
    I do think Fingal will have too much for shels, stronger team and in better form at the moment!
    I’m not pedantic...I’m merely overly concerned with minute details.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    When is this due to be played?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neville neville View Post
    When is this due to be played?
    Tuesday November 10th.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blue til i die View Post
    Whats your point?

At least they got to a semi final and didnt get knocked out by a non league team!

Cant we just talk about the match!
    I do think Fingal will have too much for shels, stronger team and in better form at the moment!
    BTID don't worry, the other poster is telling lies about Irish Football and the efforts of Irish Football Fans.
    The fear is continuing to rise amongst some internet bullies. Even on this thread the moderators need to use abusive remarks about Fingal. Fingal's next few matches are out of their control and there's nothing they can do about it.

Good luck to Fingal.
    " I'll go right up to here,
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=blue til i die;1264025]Whats your point?

Cant we just talk about the match!QUOTE]

I think hes a Rovers fan, it was Fingal that beat them in the cup

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    [QUOTE=stickyjoe;1264060]
    Quote Originally Posted by blue til i die View Post
    Whats your point?

Cant we just talk about the match!QUOTE]

I think hes a Rovers fan, it was Fingal that beat them in the cup
    Apoligies, misread the original post, but still dont get people hatred of fingal, and the constant abuse for their fanbase. considering they only recently joined the bloody league. every single thread turns into a stupid slagging match which at this point is getting very annoying!

I personally hope its a good match, but as already said, expect fingal to win. Whether they can beat Pats/sligo/drogs, thats anyones guess!
    I’m not pedantic...I’m merely overly concerned with minute details.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    [QUOTE=blue til i die;1264099]
    Quote Originally Posted by stickyjoe View Post

Apoligies, misread the original post, but still dont get people hatred of fingal, and the constant abuse for their fanbase. considering they only recently joined the bloody league. every single thread turns into a stupid slagging match which at this point is getting very annoying!

I personally hope its a good match, but as already said, expect fingal to win. Whether they can beat Pats/sligo/drogs, thats anyones guess!
    my prediction fingal to play drogs in the final

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Against that, Shels have the best record against the others in the Top Four, and haven't lost to any of them in this round of matches (albeit with the help of Fungus having a man sent off in Morton).

Also, away wins are all the vogue in this league. The second place team should be away from home in the game, I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamper.sffc View Post
    fungi seem to be getting a bad rap lately dont they

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buller View Post
    Feels good, doesn't it?
    If you become interested in making the big switch, PM me.

Personally I hope Shels get through. Much better supported and have history. I think it's too much too soon for Fingal to be honest...
    Always up for the underdogs... C'mon shels!
    Personally I understand this point of view. If I was a supporter of a team in the top flight im sure id think the same. Shels do have the bigger support and the history. We are in the process of making our own history. Which will take some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    fungi seem to be getting a bad rap lately dont they
    Im used to it. Has been happening since I first joined the site.
    Ill still argue with anybody who tells lies about my club though. Has to be done.
    Last edited by Lamper.sffc; 03/11/2009 at 11:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    I think Shels fans are under-rating their chances. Their recent results haven't been good but they drew with Fingal and us and beat Waterford in the last couple of months. They seem to play better against the better sides for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by 1895ringsend View Post
    Shels and pats in the play off final would be very tasty
    That's what I'm hoping for anyway!
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarpoJoyce View Post
    BTID don't worry, the other poster is telling lies about Irish Football and the efforts of Irish Football Fans.
    Any proof of this? If that's what the gate receipts showed, that's what they showed. You can't just say another poster is lying because it suits your argument; either offer some manner of counter evidence or don't post. Accusing someone of lying with no proof at all is just going to lead to a flame war, which we want to avoid (in fact, we're only just avoiding it here, and your post won't help in that regard).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Any proof of this? If that's what the gate receipts showed, that's what they showed. You can't just say another poster is lying because it suits your argument; either offer some manner of counter evidence or don't post. Accusing someone of lying with no proof at all is just going to lead to a flame war, which we want to avoid (in fact, we're only just avoiding it here, and your post won't help in that regard).
    In fairness stu, A little bit of restraint from yourself sometimes, would be appreciated. The constant sniping at our club by you doesnt help either. Not trying to start something by the way its just a simple request.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    I get the impression that Sporting Fingal tend to suffer for the past sins of Dublin City to an extent. Obviously there are a lot of similarities between the clubs (big spending, big ambition etc) but Fingal do seem to be more likely to make a go of it in the long term. That said, being more likely to make a go of it than Dublin City isn't much of a boast!
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamper.sffc View Post
    In fairness stu, A little bit of restraint from yourself sometimes, would be appreciated. The constant sniping at our club by you doesnt help either. Not trying to start something by the way its just a simple request.
    I'll give it a try. Although I don't really consider Fungus "constant sniping", and I think Fingal fans will have to accept that a cE17k weekly wage budget on crowds of 500 will draw criticism from those who've seen this before.

Also, Harpo has a record of trying to stir trouble by making things up, which I'm trying to nip in the bud as moderator. Maybe he's right in what he says, but you can't just call another poster a liar without any sort of back-up argument.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    I get the impression that Sporting Fingal tend to suffer for the past sins of Dublin City to an extent. Obviously there are a lot of similarities between the clubs (big spending, big ambition etc) but Fingal do seem to be more likely to make a go of it in the long term. That said, being more likely to make a go of it than Dublin City isn't much of a boast!
    I think many fans are a wee bit jealous of the resources available to Fingal (given they are in start up mode) and that this may be a factor in the constant "slagging off" they get here.There may also be concerns about future viability (we don't need any more "problem" clubs)
    Personally I would prefer Shels to win because they offer more to the Prem division than Fingal AT THIS POINT (history + crowd wise) but would be delighted if Fingal continue to grow and are promoted in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    I think many fans are a wee bit jealous of the resources available to Fingal (given they are in start up mode) and that this may be a factor in the constant "slagging off" they get here.There may also be concerns about future viability (we don't need any more "problem" clubs)
    More of your second point than your first, although probably a bit of both with most people.

A third point is that I'd say it disappoints people to see Fingal put so much money into a club and yet they still have poor support two years down the line. I know two years is only a short time, but it doesn't gel with the notions some people seem to hold that a fully-pro league with 5000 average crowds a game is attainable in the not-too-distant future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    I'll give it a try. Although I don't really consider Fungus "constant sniping", and I think Fingal fans will have to accept that a cE17k weekly wage budget on crowds of 500 will draw criticism from those who've seen this before.

Also, Harpo has a record of trying to stir trouble by making things up, which I'm trying to nip in the bud as moderator. Maybe he's right in what he says, but you can't just call another poster a liar without any sort of back-up argument.
    Its not just that and the crowd thing is fine to a point but when its the same stuff over and over and over its gets a little tired, but anyway, fair enough lets just get back to football.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast