Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cup Final - Date and Venue

EnglishSource
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    the capacity restrictions meant it was always going to be a record low regardless.
    There was more at Rovers - Real than some of the figures you've quoted there. If there was a demand for them then more temporary seats could have been fit in. Plus, at the Rovers - Real game there was only 1000 odd seats on the side of the pitch that the East Stand now occupies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Yes. I'm not going to list all 88 Cup finals, but here's the last few (figures are official unless stated) :
    2008 : 10,281.
    2007 : 10,000 (estimate)
    2006 : 16.022.
    2005 : 24,521.
    The 2004 and 2002 (second final) had attendances not much higher than 8,800 - but higher they were.
    I've better things to do than scan through the attendances at all 88 finals to-date to be honest, but from those I looked at none had an attendances as low as 8,800 (the 2000 replay did though).
    No matter which way you look at it, a crowd of 8,800 will be one of the worst - and possible the worst - for an FAI Cup Final. I don't see why Sligo fans are acting all hurt over that fact. You've done your bit on ticket sales, and the capacity restrictions meant it was always going to be a record low regardless.
    It's fair to differeniate between the Final and Final Replay. That's the tradition in England for the FA Cup anyway.

1984 Final Replay had an estimate of 8,000 between UCD and Shamrock Rvs. It was considered the lowest attendance at the time, but that is qualified as a Replay match. Guess who got blamed for that one, ( I had homework).
    It was the First Final or Final Replay in Tolka Park.

No team had lifted the cup there until Bray won in 1999. The Replay and second Replay in that year may compete with the 1984 figure.

(I think if a fan comes from a tradition of Blame when there are low attendances then that fan shouldn't be suprised when it's their turn.)
    " I'll go right up to here,
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Grow up Celticv3, and stop taking this as some sort of 'small team' slight. The capacity is restricted to approx 6,000. I'd therefore be keen to hear how you think it WON'T be one of the worst attended finals of all time....?
    Well the fact that you've not even got the attendance right says it all really. Wade in with your opinion anyway though.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EnglishSource View Post
    There was more at Rovers - Real than some of the figures you've quoted there. If there was a demand for them then more temporary seats could have been fit in. Plus, at the Rovers - Real game there was only 1000 odd seats on the side of the pitch that the East Stand now occupies.
    The following is from SRFC press release when the Real Madrid match was announced.......

On Monday July 20th Real Madrid will play a match against Shamrock Rovers at the new Tallaght Stadium in West Dublin. The match is being promoted by PLATINUM ONE and additional seating is being brought in to create a capacity of 9,000. Tickets go on sale to Shamrock Rovers FC members and season ticket holders from 9am this coming Saturday (June 20th) and will go on general release at 9am on Monday (June 22nd). All tickets are priced at €60 (excluding charges) and are available at http://platinumonegroup.ticketsolve.com or www.shamrockrovers.ie. The ticket phone lines will be open to the general public at 9am on Monday morning (June 22nd) on (01)200 3616.

We had to shame The FAI into increasing the capacity from 6,000 by bringing in extra tempory seating.

EnglishSource
    Quote Originally Posted by Redie View Post
    The following is from SRFC press release when the Real Madrid match was announced.......

On Monday July 20th Real Madrid will play a match against Shamrock Rovers at the new Tallaght Stadium in West Dublin. The match is being promoted by PLATINUM ONE and additional seating is being brought in to create a capacity of 9,000. Tickets go on sale to Shamrock Rovers FC members and season ticket holders from 9am this coming Saturday (June 20th) and will go on general release at 9am on Monday (June 22nd). All tickets are priced at €60 (excluding charges) and are available at http://platinumonegroup.ticketsolve.com or www.shamrockrovers.ie. The ticket phone lines will be open to the general public at 9am on Monday morning (June 22nd) on (01)200 3616.
    Not certain of the point you're making, but I think it's trying to say that the capacity for the Madrid game was 9,000. That press release was from before they added the extra seats on the east side which brought the capacity over 10,000.

Apologies if this was not your point.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    I wouldn't be surpried if the game was off given the forecast for Saturday. The pitch can get very waterlogged and with the rain all week and serious storms forecast for Saturday it might just be unplayable. I'm hoping to pick up a ticket myself and would like to see it sold out.

Even if 8,000 odd is the lowest attendance in history it'll seem much bigger than a lot of other finals purely because the ground won't have large expanses of empty seats.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Rubbish, even if someone got one at 12 o'clock on Sunday, just jump in the car and get to Tallaght, no excuses!

The fact that the FAI are getting Shamrock Rovers to publicise the tickets on sale in Tallaght, shows they are afraid the game wont sell out, given the sales to date.

bhs
    Its a nice gesture by the FAI to give the locals an oppurtunity to see what a bit of silverware looks like.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dublinred View Post
    Its a nice gesture by the FAI to give the locals an oppurtunity to see what a bit of silverware looks like.
    ...... that hasnt been fleeced!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    If SF were to win this game, it would be a disgrace to the sport

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddickcule View Post
    If SF were to win this game, it would be a disgrace to the sport
    What in the name of clumpering blue terrapins of flaming death are you talking about man?

Both teams are in the final on merit. Whoever wins it deserves it, regardless of fanbase or history. Simple as that.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Sorry, last nights game still roaming around the noggin...apologies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    What in the name of clumpering blue terrapins of flaming death are you talking about man?

Both teams are in the final on merit. Whoever wins it deserves it, regardless of fanbase or history. Simple as that.
    hahaha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    I wouldn't be surpried if the game was off given the forecast for Saturday. The pitch can get very waterlogged and with the rain all week and serious storms forecast for Saturday it might just be unplayable. I'm hoping to pick up a ticket myself and would like to see it sold out.

Even if 8,000 odd is the lowest attendance in history it'll seem much bigger than a lot of other finals purely because the ground won't have large expanses of empty seats.
    It might be dry enough for sunday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    The capacity is restricted to approx 6,000.
    That's incorrect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    That's incorrect.
    sorry if this has been cleared up already but has there been any offocial decision on the capacity of the match?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    sorry if this has been cleared up already but has there been any offocial decision on the capacity of the match?
    8,800 from what i've heard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    There's no point having 10,000 seats availbale for what threatens to be one of the worst attended finals this decade.
    I got two tickets today for the raining section for an extremely grateful pair of brothers who were convinced until then they would not get to go to the game. If the FAI had raised the capacity another 1200 to spare their anxiety that might be point enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by celticV3 View Post
    Well the fact that you've not even got the attendance right says it all really. Wade in with your opinion anyway though.
    In post No. 72 I asked what the capacity for the final was. No-one - including yourself - bothered to confirm.

No other posts on the site mentioned an increase in capacity beyond the original figures of 6,000, so by post No 79 I used that figure but clarified it with "approx".

Since then, two Rovers fans have talked of the increased attendance in terms of "as far as I know", suggesting that even fans of the clubs involved aren't certain what the capacity is now. So it's hardly been well publicised that it has changed.

Regardless - that all changes not a jot re the point. That this will be one of the worst attended finals of all time. That isn't an opinion that I'm wading in with - it's a fact. If you don't agree that it's a fact - fine. But at least clarify why.

And in fairness, you might be better advised to spend your time working out the difference between 'capacity' and 'attendance' than picking a fight with daft points.
    Last edited by dcfcsteve; 19/11/2009 at 11:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction View Post
    If the FAI had raised the capacity another 1200 to spare their anxiety that might be point enough.
    Those 1,200 tickets would be snapped up straight away. If there were another 2,000 tickets on sale tomorrow morning, they'd sell out.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Regardless - that all changes not a jot re the point. That this will be one of the worst attended finals of all time. That isn't an opinion that I'm wading in with - it's a fact. If you don't agree that it's a fact - fine. But at least clarify why.

And in fairness, you might be better advised to spend your time working out the difference between 'capacity' and 'attendance' than picking a fight with daft points.
    Why talk about the attendance then because it is not a matter of tickets not selling well, its is incompetence on the part of the FAI to hold the game in Tallaght. Our club has had to come out with an official apology because of the lack of tickets that we were given to try and meet the demand and also some rovers fans resorting to buying fingal tickets.

So yes it might be the worst attended final in years, but that is only because the attendance is capped by those wanting to christen tallaght stadium. Its pointless talking about the low attendance figure that will come after sunday because nothing can be done about it because of FAI incompetence.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast