Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cup Final - Date and Venue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoversHead View Post
    I think the mods are very selective when it comes to enforcing forum rules .The personal abuse of SFFC fans from some of the muppets on here is a disgrace.On the final I think its a joke that there is no extra seating or attempt by the FAI to make the most of the occasion,capacity should be brought up to 10,000 .
    for the record if i said anything about the fingal lads im only joking i dont have a problem with them. so apologies for any offence

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    FAI should easily sell 10000 tickets for this.

A conservative 6500 from Sligo.
    An optimistic 1500 from SF.
    A conservative 1000 LOI neutrals
    An optimistic 1000 curious noobs to see the Stadium and attracted by the fantastic FAI marketing campaign (shome mishtake shurely .ed )
    The nearer ticket sales get to sell out the more attractive the fixture becomes.
    Voila a full house for the cameras, plaudits to the FAI for their courage in putting the extra seats and wonderment for the barstoolers as they see the Rovers support bring a European style atmosphere into Tallaght.
    If they don't put in extra seats there is the spectre of ticketless and ****ed off Rovers fans wandering to the local hostelries demanding the games be put on instead of the Hull V Wigan game on Sky.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by forza rovers View Post
    they need to put up more seats 10,000 would be a sell out Sligo Rovers would probably sell them all.
    Which is your opinion.

The point is that it would make sense to see how ticket sales are going first before taking the risk of adding more seating. Why plunk seats down without it looking like they'll be filled ? Your vown personal iew on this doesn't count as sufficient evidnece on which to spend thousands on temporary seating.

It's not like fan estimates of likely support have never turned out to be overly ambitious before...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    Which is your opinion.

The point is that it would make sense to see how ticket sales are going first before taking the risk of adding more seating. Why plunk seats down without it looking like they'll be filled ? Your vown personal iew on this doesn't count as sufficient evidnece on which to spend thousands on temporary seating.

It's not like fan estimates of likely support have never turned out to be overly ambitious before...
    I base my estimate of 6500+ on precedent. Our estimated travel to cup final has always been 8000+. In our last FAI cup final outing (the 1994 final) we brought in excess of 8000 and we outnumbered our extremely poorly supported opposition by three to one.

It is clear to any right thinking person that a 6000 capacity is not enough.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Which is your opinion.

But this is the point dcfcsteve, they arent talking about seeing how many will sell before adding seating. They are basing the amount of seats on average league games and semi final numbers (which are defineatly too small cause ive been to every game) and then just providing the number of seats andletting people fight for them almost.

And if they sell them through ticketmaster it will be a complete joke:
    1. loyal fans will definetly miss out
    2. the touts will have a field day
    3. buying a ticket through ticketmaster means you could end up sitting beside anybody - which will kill the singing section and atmosphere for the game
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    sligo rovers sold all thier tickets in three days or so. Sporting have yet to return any for the people on our waiting list, and It looks unlikely they will since sligo are all over the north county of dublin buying then up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmyfaction View Post
    sligo rovers sold all thier tickets in three days or so. Sporting have yet to return any for the people on our waiting list, and It looks unlikely they will since sligo are all over the north county of dublin buying then up.
    FAI announced tickets on open sale from Rovers megastore in Tallaght as from today. Twas annoucned via Rovers club text service earlier today.

bhs

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    I've been trying to buy tickets for the last two days on Ticketmaster, but it's not working. Any one else been trying? Have any luck?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Straightstory View Post
    I've been trying to buy tickets for the last two days on Ticketmaster, but it's not working. Any one else been trying? Have any luck?
    You can them in Tallaght from today

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Straightstory View Post
    Think there was a very limited amount put on sale for TM. You'd be better off going to Fingal for a ticket.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    There's no point having 10,000 seats availbale for what threatens to be one of the worst attended finals this decade
    How do you come to that opinion? Oh thats right your talking through you ar$e as always

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean South View Post
    How do you come to that opinion? Oh thats right your talking through you ar$e as always
    The game is 4 days away.

1) How many tickets are available for the game in total ?

2) How many have been sold to-date ?

The answers to those questions will show which one of us is talking through their arse....
    Last edited by dcfcsteve; 18/11/2009 at 10:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    The game is 4 days away.

1) How many tickets are available for the game in total ?

2) How many have been sold to-date ?

The answers to those questions will show which one of us is talking through their arse....
    If the capacity of the venue was incresed from the start or a larger alternative venue with a larger capacity was used, I think we would bring a larger crowd with us. I know a lot of guys that attend the occasional match at the Showgrounds but werent that bothered to queue in the rain or put their name on a waiting list on the chance they may get a ticket. We may get some tickets back from Fingal tonight and go on sale tomorrow, but thats very late to make plans.
    I think we would have brought a lot more 'floaters' if tickets were freely available. We were given an allocation of 4,500 tickets, 3,000 were sold in the first 3 hours and the balance were sold witihin 24 hours of going on sale

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by srfc1928 View Post
    thats very late to make plans.
    Rubbish, even if someone got one at 12 o'clock on Sunday, just jump in the car and get to Tallaght, no excuses!

The fact that the FAI are getting Shamrock Rovers to publicise the tickets on sale in Tallaght, shows they are afraid the game wont sell out, given the sales to date.

bhs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Rubbish, even if someone got one at 12 o'clock on Sunday, just jump in the car and get to Tallaght, no excuses!

bhs
    Not everyone is as committed to their clubs as the people on here.
    As I said I'm talking about 'floaters'. Releasing tickets on a Thursday is very late in the week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

The fact that the FAI are getting Shamrock Rovers to publicise the tickets on sale in Tallaght, shows they are afraid the game wont sell out, given the sales to date.

bhs
    Bring them tickets down to Sligo, they'd be gone in no time.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

All tickets originally allocated to sligo rovers were sold out in less than 24hrs, pretty decent going by any clubs standards. There are still people all over Sligo looking to get tickets, getting people in Dublin to get fingal tickets, that is what they are resorting to.
    So just because the "bigger" teams got knocked out and franchise are in the fianl doesn't mean that it is going to be one of the worst attended games as steve said stupidly above.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by celticV3 View Post
    All tickets originally allocated to sligo rovers were sold out in less than 24hrs, pretty decent going by any clubs standards. There are still people all over Sligo looking to get tickets, getting people in Dublin to get fingal tickets, that is what they are resorting to.
    So just because the "bigger" teams got knocked out and franchise are in the fianl doesn't mean that it is going to be one of the worst attended games as steve said stupidly above.
    Grow up Celticv3, and stop taking this as some sort of 'small team' slight. The capacity is restricted to approx 6,000. I'd therefore be keen to hear how you think it WON'T be one of the worst attended finals of all time....?

And that's before we get onto the fact that less than 4 days before the match, those limited number of tickets still haven't sold out any way.

Now - we can all play the 'what if' game about tickets and Sligo, but it's meaningless. The reality is that the game hasn't even sold 6,000 tickets this close to the big day. Sligo have done their bit, so don't take it as a personal slight against your club.

In summary this will probably be the worst attended FAI Cup final ever. Fact. If only because the limited capacity makes it inevitable.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Grow up Celticv3, and stop taking this as some sort of 'small team' slight. The capacity is restricted to approx 6,000. I'd therefore be keen to hear how you think it WON'T be one of the worst attended finals of all time....?

And that's before we get onto the fact that less than 4 days before the match, those limited number of tickets still haven't sold out any way.

Now - we can all play the 'what if' game about tickets and Sligo, but it's meaningless. The reality is that the game hasn't even sold 6,000 tickets this close to the big day. Sligo have done their bit, so don't take it as a personal slight against your club.

In summary this will probably be the worst attended FAI Cup final ever. Fact. If only because the limited capacity makes it inevitable.

As far as I know the capacity is now 8,800 and it's very likely that it will be sold out.

Do you have attendance figures for previous cup finals and if so you might put them up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redie View Post
    As far as I know the capacity is now 8,800 and it's very likely that it will be sold out.

Do you have attendance figures for previous cup finals and if so you might put them up.
    Yes. I'm not going to list all 88 Cup finals, but here's the last few (figures are official unless stated) :

2008 : 10,281.
    2007 : 10,000 (estimate)
    2006 : 16.022.
    2005 : 24,521.

The 2004 and 2002 (second final) had attendances not much higher than 8,800 - but higher they were.

I've better things to do than scan through the attendances at all 88 finals to-date to be honest, but from those I looked at none had an attendances as low as 8,800 (the 2000 replay did though).

No matter which way you look at it, a crowd of 8,800 will be one of the worst - and possible the worst - for an FAI Cup Final. I don't see why Sligo fans are acting all hurt over that fact. You've done your bit on ticket sales, and the capacity restrictions meant it was always going to be a record low regardless.

Last edited by dcfcsteve; 19/11/2009 at 9:35 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast