Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sean Connor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roversforever View Post
    How could he not keep dundalk in the premier division with the calibre of player they have?Chrissy turner is the best midfielder in the league in my opinion. He has no contacts for players,most of his dundalk players are former sligo rovers or bohs players. And trust me its not for their love of seanie that most of them followed him to dundalk. And similarly anybody could have kept srfc in the premier when you consider we had liam burns,gavin peers,adam hughes,conor o'grady,faz,chrissy turner,harpal singh,darren mansaram,seamie coleman, etc. I know most of the players that played for him during his sligo rovers reign and i've yet to meet one who has a good word to say about him..not one. One player who no longer plays in this country even said to me that rob mcdonald was a better manager than him and thats saying something. It still annoys me that he's made so much money from football when all he's qualified in is PR but i suppose thats sligo rovers fault for giving him his break. The bohs fans couldn't understand what we were on about first and now they agree with us,dundalk fans will be the same. And Da Real Rover is 100% it was gerry cassidy who found ,ost of those players. Anyway i hope for their own sakes the poor fools don't give him the job.
    why isnt gerry cassidy manager of someone??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    why isnt gerry cassidy manager of someone??
    Because he's a scout for sligo rovers!it takes different skills to be a manager e.g man management skills...well thats what i thought til seanie connor came along anyway!

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    How could he not keep dundalk in the premier division with the calibre of player they have?Chrissy turner is the best midfielder in the league in my opinion. He has no contacts for players,most of his dundalk players are former sligo rovers or bohs players. And trust me its not for their love of seanie that most of them followed him to dundalk. And similarly anybody could have kept srfc in the premier when you consider we had liam burns,gavin peers,adam hughes,conor o'grady,faz,chrissy turner,harpal singh,darren mansaram,seamie coleman, etc. I know most of the players that played for him during his sligo rovers reign and i've yet to meet one who has a good word to say about him..not one. One player who no longer plays in this country even said to me that rob mcdonald was a better manager than him and thats saying something. It still annoys me that he's made so much money from football when all he's qualified in is PR but i suppose thats sligo rovers fault for giving him his break. The bohs fans couldn't understand what we were on about first and now they agree with us,dundalk fans will be the same. And Da Real Rover is 100% it was gerry cassidy who found ,ost of those players. Anyway i hope for their own sakes the poor fools don't give him the job.
    So I take it you were kinda annoyed when he left Sligo?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    .... we had liam burns,gavin peers,adam hughes,conor o'grady,faz,chrissy turner,harpal singh,darren mansaram,seamie coleman, etc. I know most of the players that played for him during his sligo rovers reign and i've yet to meet one who has a good word to say about him..not one.
    Not even one? Maybe you don't get out much. Of the 9 players you mentioned I am aware of comments (most published) ranging from very positive to exceptionally complimentary from at least 5 of them.

Some of you guys are really great craic in your determination to be totally blinded in your refusal to acknowledge anything positive, despite the results speaking for themselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Not even one? Maybe you don't get out much. Of the 9 players you mentioned I am aware of comments (most published) ranging from very positive to exceptionally complimentary from at least 5 of them.

Some of you guys are really great craic in your determination to be totally blinded in your refusal to acknowledge anything positive, despite the results speaking for themselves.
    Equally as many Rovers fans have acknowledged the results. Yet despite acknowledging the man's flaws yourself, you can't seem to accept the fact that some people have a harsher opinion of him than you do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post
    Equally as many Rovers fans have acknowledged the results. Yet despite acknowledging the man's flaws yourself, you can't seem to accept the fact that some people have a harsher opinion of him than you do.
    Yes I realise that there are some intelligent and balanced views among Sligo fans.

I can also readily accept that some have "harsher views" - it's just that some of these posts are so biased and outlandish that they are really very funny. It's probably not right of me to take such craic from them!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yes I realise that there are some intelligent and balanced views among Sligo fans.

I can also readily accept that some have "harsher views" - it's just that some of these posts are so biased and outlandish that they are really very funny. It's probably not right of me to take such craic from them!!
    Ho ho yes you are funny, by any chance are you PJ Gallagher or Des Bishop?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    what do you expect them to say in the media?they're hardly going to criticise him.don't believe me if you don't want to,i don't really care either way!you'll open your eyes someday.i always liked dundalk so i hope he doesn't screw ye over,time will tell i suppose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    The message is loud and clear.

Sean Connor did nothing for Sligo Rovers, he broke up the youth structure, ran people out of the club, signed all the bad players, Cassidy and Carr signed the good ones, failed to get the best out of any player, and was a bluffer and spoofer.

The First Division win was a fluke, achieved on a budget similar to Real Madrid. Fifth place in the premier the following year was a disaster.

Oh and everyone in Sligo was delighted that he left and weren't the slighest bit miffed about it all.

Big bad Seanie
    Nice accurate summary, at least you learned something form this thread
    "Overwhelmed"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loibigfan View Post
    as for DA REAL ROVER'S comments on sean connors not finding any talent for sligo rovers correct me if im wrong but did he not find former sligo rover now everton right back Seamus Coleman and i no im not wrong because im a member from the club which seamus was signed from
    He certainly signed during Connor's reign, but was never played.......it was Cook who gave him his chance in the 1st team
    "Overwhelmed"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by showgies View Post
    He certainly signed during Connor's reign, but was never played.......it was Cook who gave him his chance in the 1st team
    Bloody disgrace isn't it. Sean Connor signs a promising 17 year old and refuses to make him a first team regular in Sligo's first season back in the premier. Now if only Gerry Cassidy had have been in charge, Sligo would have won the premier league with the under 18 team and stormed to Champions League and World Club success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    509 Posts
    Bloody disgrace isn't it. Sean Connor signs a promising 17 year old and refuses to make him a first team regular in Sligo's first season back in the premier. Now if only Gerry Cassidy had have been in charge, Sligo would have won the premier league with the under 18 team and stormed to Champions League and World Club success.
    he was just making the point that connor had nothing to do in particular with colemans success bar signing him on a scouts advice mate.
    Last edited by Acornvilla; 30/10/2009 at 12:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by csfshels View Post
    surely greenock morton is a step down from dundalk though?
    Lol
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Acornvilla View Post
    he was just making the point that connor had nothing to do in particular with colemans success bar signing him on a scouts advice mate.
    If a manager signs a lemon he gets the stick, if he signs a good 'un he gets credit.......thats a resonable norm, except of course when it comes to Sean Connor and some really one-eyed bias from some Sligo supporters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligofan4ever View Post
    ,Liam Burns and Chris Turner.
    Hopefully not..!
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Very mature post.Where did you see anybody say gerry cassidy should have been manager?all we're saying is he's the one who deserves the credit for unearthing these players,despite what seanie will have you believe.dick brush,faz kudozovic,adam hughes,chris turner,darren mansaram,gavin peers were all signed on his recommendation.one seanie insisted on signing against all advice was paul brown and look how that turned out!i can't help but notice your the only dundalk fan defending him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    i can't help but notice your the only dundalk fan defending him
    Maybe you have not read my posts - I have been both critical and complimentary of different aspects.

But I can't help but have fun though reading some of the Sligo posts .....heaven hath no fury like some Sligo fans scorned.

Had he not walked out on Sligo at the time and manner in which he did (for which I give him no credit), I have no doubt that the feelings of rejection and repulsion would be a lot different - with radically more realistic and balanced assessments of his indisputable contribution to Sligo Rovers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Where did you see anybody say gerry cassidy should have been manager?all we're saying is he's the one who deserves the credit for unearthing these players,darren mansaram signed on his recommendation
    And in one sentance my opinion of Gerry Cassidys judgement is forever tarnished!!!
    Only another 9 titles till Drogheda become pride of county louth!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    To be fair Turner won't be with Dundalk next year if Connor is not there esp if he goes to Scotland.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Friday October 30 2009

DUNDALK are monitoring the situation of Derry City manager Stephen Kenny amid uncertainty over the future of current Oriel Park boss, Sean Connor.

Reports in Scotland suggested that Connor was on the verge of being named as the boss of First Division side Greenock Morton before a late stumbling block emerged. The Belfast man is out of contract with the Louth club at the end of the season, and the board have yet to commit to a new deal.

With Connor interviewing for the Morton post, the Lilywhites are contemplating replacements and Kenny is on their radar. Former assistant, Joe Miller, is another who might come into contention while Drogheda manager Alan Mathews is also respected by the powers that be at the border club.

Kenny's position is unclear, in tandem with that of his club with Derry City looking for an advance on prize money for this season from the FAI in order to be able to give some money to their players who are behind on their pay.

As it stands, the Northerners are in danger of being unable to meet the licensing deadline of December 21 for settling all wages owed this year. A possible sanction is a points deduction that could lead to relegation for the side which sits fourth in the Premier Division.
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast