Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sean Connor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Surely Greenock Morton is a step down from Dundalk though?
    Lets redefine what it means to heal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    In fairness to him, when we beat you 3-0 in Tolka at the start of the season I though he'd be gone in 2 weeks but he's turned it around and brought you to a comfortable position in the table. There's no doubting the man is a ****** but he does something right. What that is who the hell knows?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    509 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFShels View Post
    Surely Greenock Morton is a step down from Dundalk though?
    most definitley remember wat derry did to gretna and sure elfsbourg beat hibs 3-0 a year or two ago and then pats beat them so i'd say irish league top teams would be competitive in the spl bar the old firm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    878 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo View Post
    T
    Even when things are going well on the pitch people still have cause to dislike him
    It is not a case of dislike! More like not being sure who is responsible for turning round our poor early season form - Connor or Miller?

Quote Originally Posted by 1st time post View Post
    Glad he was here but glad hes gone if that makes any sense!!Out of interest what do Dundalk fans reckon the majority would be for him to stay or go??
    Go!! In my opinion...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thanks again for your replies. It's looking like he might get the job.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/footbal...6908-21781566/

I'm more than a little nervous!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stubroon View Post
    Thanks again for your replies. It's looking like he might get the job.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/footbal...6908-21781566/

I'm more than a little nervous!
    I would not be to nervous and would take what is posted on this mb with a pinch of salt stubroon,if there was a thread on here about pele 80% of the posts would be negative.He has done a grand job at Dundalk and would do the same for you.Best of luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    So it looks as if he is taking the Morton job then.Thanks for keeping us up Sean if true.I cant help but think that this could be a major blessing in disguise for Dundalk though.

What we need now if he goes is a level headed manager who is gonna put emphasis on the on the field side of things.
    Only another 9 titles till Drogheda become pride of county louth!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Latest new is that Morton have delayed an announcement until next week.Sean Connor was at training today with Dundalk and rumour has it that he is negotiations with the Dundalk board re next years contract/budget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shep View Post
    Latest new is that Morton have delayed an announcement until next week.Sean Connor was at training today with Dundalk and rumour has it that he is negotiations with the Dundalk board re next years contract/budget.
    Here comes the patented Sean Connor **** your club over move, in 3.....2.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    So it looks as if he is taking the Morton job then.Thanks for keeping us up Sean if true.I cant help but think that this could be a major blessing in disguise for Dundalk though.

What we need now if he goes is a level headed manager who is gonna put emphasis on the on the field side of things.
    who would you like to see getting the job shep
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passerrby View Post
    who would you like to see getting the job shep
    Mick Cooke Only joking!!! I really dont know,someone who can run a tight ship if needs be.Alan Matthews is prob a good example of that sort of manager.I was hoping things would have went a bit smoother than they have under Sean Connor and there would have been a bit of continuity,but its all up in the air at the minute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    509 Posts
    Mick Cooke Only joking!!! I really dont know,someone who can run a tight ship if needs be.Alan Matthews is prob a good example of that sort of manager.I was hoping things would have went a bit smoother than they have under Sean Connor and there would have been a bit of continuity,but its all up in the air at the minute.
    i'd say mattherw would jump at the chance to manage a vaguley stable club after his last 3 jobs

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Speculation on who will replace Connor is premature.

Grenock Morton do not appear to have offered the job to him at this point. The press reports from Scotland may be more got to do with putting additional pressure on levering their preferred choice, Allan Moore, from his current contract.

Even if Grenock Morton offered him the job, it is not certain he will take it. Similarly if they do not offer him the job, at this point it is not certain that Dundalk will agree a contract extension. There is a bit of a Mexican stand-off here, but from what I understand Dundalk will not be deflected from their position and negotiations by anything that is reported about Grenock Morton

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    as for DA REAL ROVER'S comments on sean connors not finding any talent for sligo rovers correct me if im wrong but did he not find former sligo rover now everton right back Seamus Coleman and i no im not wrong because im a member from the club which seamus was signed from

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loibigfan View Post
    as for DA REAL ROVER'S comments on sean connors not finding any talent for sligo rovers correct me if im wrong but did he not find former sligo rover now everton right back Seamus Coleman and i no im not wrong because im a member from the club which seamus was signed from
    It was actually our assistant Gerry Carr, who spoted Seamie's talent (a well known fact)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers1 View Post
    It was actually our assistant Gerry Carr, who spoted Seamie's talent (a well known fact)
    sean connors was seeing a girl from seamie's home town killybegs and spent alot of time about there (he is now living there and trains the gaa team this past 2 yrs) when he was about kilybegs he heard about seamie so organised a friendly to see him play....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Did he tell you that himself loi?

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers1 View Post
    The message is loud and clear.

Sean Connor did nothing for Sligo Rovers, he broke up the youth structure, ran people out of the club, signed all the bad players, Cassidy and Carr signed the good ones, failed to get the best out of any player, and was a bluffer and spoofer.

The First Division win was a fluke, achieved on a budget similar to Real Madrid. Fifth place in the premier the following year was a disaster.

Oh and everyone in Sligo was delighted that he left and weren't the slighest bit miffed about it all.

Big bad Seanie
    Last edited by Ezeikial; 29/10/2009 at 8:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    You have a point there Ezeikial, I`m 50/50 on SC, I have a real problem with his lack of discipline and I dont like the way he mouths off, but almost securing us 5th place in the PD and having done this for Sligo, both achieved first year promoted for each club is a very decent effort by the man, it has to be said.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    How could he not keep dundalk in the premier division with the calibre of player they have?Chrissy turner is the best midfielder in the league in my opinion. He has no contacts for players,most of his dundalk players are former sligo rovers or bohs players. And trust me its not for their love of seanie that most of them followed him to dundalk. And similarly anybody could have kept srfc in the premier when you consider we had liam burns,gavin peers,adam hughes,conor o'grady,faz,chrissy turner,harpal singh,darren mansaram,seamie coleman, etc. I know most of the players that played for him during his sligo rovers reign and i've yet to meet one who has a good word to say about him..not one. One player who no longer plays in this country even said to me that rob mcdonald was a better manager than him and thats saying something. It still annoys me that he's made so much money from football when all he's qualified in is PR but i suppose thats sligo rovers fault for giving him his break. The bohs fans couldn't understand what we were on about first and now they agree with us,dundalk fans will be the same. And Da Real Rover is 100% it was gerry cassidy who found ,ost of those players. Anyway i hope for their own sakes the poor fools don't give him the job.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast