Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ford FAI Cup Semi Finals this weekend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo_Boy View Post
    Not just for every Sligo Rovers fan, but for the League of Ireland and the footballing world's sake we must beat franchise.

I think SF will do well in years to come, but I really hope Sligo win the final, as I have said many times on here before, Sligo are a proper football club & from a good football town, great fans, a decent stadium, a real character in a manager, little to dislike in them really.

SF in europe ? Mmmm
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lep View Post
    you just get better.

Thank you - it's not hard to see through you lot.
    A transient, horrible, fantastic dream,
    Wherein is nothing yet all things do seem:
    From which we're wakened by a friendly nudge
    Of our bedfellow Death, and cry: "O fudge!"

Ambrose Bierce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buile Shuibhne View Post
    Thank you - it's not hard to see through you lot.
    I think i love you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I think SF will do well in years to come,
    What? You are the only person who I have come across that thinks this lot will be around in years to come it seems. Well apart from those who support them....
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    You best get used to it as Sporting Fingal will be around for a long long time . You may be better off worrying how long your own club will be around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Sorry typo on my part, meant to say 'could' do well in years to come.

I dont like anything about this club, too many in Dublin as it stands, and they are no addition to it, but with Pats possibly in trouble and maybe Shels not going up, they may have a chance if they get into the premier, and for a season or two they may have a chance.

Thats about the height of it.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    Goingb to go against the grain here and say I hope to God SF win the final, for obvious reasons!
    That aside, I think it is unfair thatso many are sh*tting on them, give them a chance - I find it hilarious when people say SLigo is a proper football town and so should win the final. Is Dublin not steeped in football, or are Bohs, Shels and Rovers non-Dublin clubs?
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    I find it hilarious when people say SLigo is a proper football town and so should win the final.
    Well Sligo is a football town, we only have one GAA club within the town, ST Mary's. Also alot of people will want us to win because of the bad feeling towards SF,and alot of non-Dublin club supporters want to see non-Dublin clubs in the spotlight. As much as i don't like GUFC, i'd rather see them in the final than Bohs or Shams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Fingal were well deserving winners today. They looked very impressive and i thought Bayley and Zayed played very well. The final should be a cracker and i'm looking forward to it already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    I only saw up to the 3rd goal but if Bray's play is indicative of the bottom of the premier, there'll be 2 teams promoted this year.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
    I only saw up to the 3rd goal but if Bray's play is indicative of the bottom of the premier, there'll be 2 teams promoted this year.
    Pretty much is, aye. Bray (and Pats for that matter) just can't seem to defend.

In fairness though, Fingal are actually quite a good side. We played them pre-season and I was very impressed. When you look at the side they've got, it looks more like a Premier Division team.

Unlike some on here, I don't really have anything against the team. I think it's pathetic the way Fingal Council are attempting to create this artificial identity for a made up 'county' though.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    All this hostiity towards Fingal is a joke. They're a new club, they have to start somewhere. They're forging links with the communtiy, and over time that can't be any harm. They are in a cup final in only their second year in existence. They are developing a new centre out in Lusk aswell.

Okay their crowds haven't gone through the roof, but they've a catchment area of 250,000 so there's potential.

I'm not taking sides here, I just hope we get a cracking game between Sligo and Fingal, and that they do Irish football proud

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well done SF, this has set us up for a potentially cracking final 100k prize money, any LoI team wants that kind of money right now! Personally, and not being biased, I see the Cup coming home to Sligo this November. We've beaten Fingal in Cup competition already this season, and since then we've put together a squad who've only lost once in their last 16 and Rafael Cretaro is in red hot form at the moment for us. Lets hope for a cracking final and we're the first Rovers to win something in Tallaght Stadium!
    Coleman for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Surely Terryland or Flancare would be geographically and logically a better choice of stadium to host the final?
    Linfield Football Club - Hatchets & Hammers - You Can Only Envy Us

A Blue 52

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    In fairness though, Fingal are actually quite a good side. We played them pre-season and I was very impressed. When you look at the side they've got, it looks more like a Premier Division team.
    I wasn't particularly impressed by them the three times we played them in the league but they looked better against Bray.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Unlike some on here, I don't really have anything against the team. I think it's pathetic the way Fingal Council are attempting to create this artificial identity for a made up 'county' though.
    Isn't Derry a makey-up county too. Franchise and Fingal are well suited. I don't get the need for either, what is their purpose? Has anyone ever met a Sporting supporter? There were none last season, how many have they garnered this time 'round? Apologies in advance Lep and Lamper as you're more than likely connected to the club, but you have to question the mental well-being of anyone who voluntarily chooses to support Fingal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Having played Fingal 3 times already this season, a 1-1, a 0-0 and we beat them 4-1 up there, didnt think they were that great.
    Thought they were played pretty good though, bayly especially stood out for me, looks a very good player.

The two semi's have shown that there isnt a huge gap between the top of the first and the bottom half of the premier.
    Last edited by blue til i die; 26/10/2009 at 12:50 AM.
    I’m not pedantic...I’m merely overly concerned with minute details.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eelmonster View Post
    Isn't Derry a makey-up county too. Franchise and Fingal are well suited. I don't get the need for either, what is their purpose? Has anyone ever met a Sporting supporter? There were none last season, how many have they garnered this time 'round? Apologies in advance Lep and Lamper as you're more than likely connected to the club, but you have to question the mental well-being of anyone who voluntarily chooses to support Fingal.
    I live in fingal and Sporting Fingal play a lot better football than most teams in both divisions hence why i support them and also the small matter of a cup final
    All these Fingal haters give me a great laugh every time i read the boards and it cheers me up . Sporting Fingal's season will carry on until the cup final but the team of some of the Fingal haters their season finished 2 months ago or more where they have nothing to play for so no wonder they hate Fingal . Sporting Fingal may not win the cup or gain promotion but we have a really good chance of doing both and give us supporters something to cheer about where all you have to cheer is the anti Fingal posts on here.
    Keep the posts coming ladies as they crack me up no end.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567