Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Relegation

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Relegation

How do people think it will go.IMO Bray will go automatically.I dont think it would be fair for Pats to go down becuse they are too good and quigley Dempsey are not Div 1 players.Drogheda look destined for a play-off but who else?As I said I dont think Pats deserve it so Sligo or Galway?Sligo are in good form so I'll predict Galway.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    If Pats go down they deserve it for being crap, full stop.

That said, there's other clubs than those mentioned that will be hard pressed to stay in the top flight, albeit not for football reasons.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Bray - automatically

Drogheda - Play - off spot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    If Pats went down would we see Shels playing at Richer next season? Pats wouldn't turn down an extra money i dont think
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by longfordjames View Post
    How do people think it will go.IMO Bray will go automatically.I dont think it would be fair for Pats to go down becuse they are too good and quigley Dempsey are not Div 1 players.Drogheda look destined for a play-off but who else?As I said I dont think Pats deserve it so Sligo or Galway?Sligo are in good form so I'll predict Galway.
    Your right, Im gona tell the Rovers players the next time time I see them not to bother their ar**s for the rest of the season. And the 10 points youve picked up in the last 4 games to put ye into a decent position aren't deserving of survival.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by longfordjames View Post
    Pats are far from being to good to go down. They were extremely lucky to beat us 2-0 last Friday night. We pretty much dominated them in the 2nd half but for our continous lack of finishing we should have beaten them.

If we fail to beat Dundalk on Tuesday we will go down, if we win we have every chance of finishing 9th.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Its going to be a very exciting finish to the end of the season. Rovers vs Drogs will most likely be the nght we see where Drogs finished, they're still capable of finishing 8th but still not good enough for them. Personally, going by form I can see us staying up, provided we keep our superior GD we should be sound, but really want to see us finish a fe wpoints clear of the 8th placed team on the final night. Its amazing to see a team who finished second last year fighting for their premier division status now!
    Coleman for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    With Bray and Drogheda both struggling for form, just one result for either of us could make the difference. From what I've seen this season, Sligo are the ones who are too good to go down between themselves, Pat's and Galway.

Of course, if the FAI have any nuts left, we should see at least one team relegated for financial reasons. I'd prefer if it weren't necessary, but if teams have broken the rules, it has to be done.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    Interesting scenario - Bray go down, Drogheda lose the play-offs (let's say). After that, Cork are relegated for failing to get a licence. Who gets reprieved? Bray or Drogheda? Technically, you'd imagine Cork should be deemed to finish last, which would require a new play-off involving Bray and Drogheda.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo69 View Post
    Pats are far from being to good to go down. They were extremely lucky to beat us 2-0 last Friday night. We pretty much dominated them in the 2nd half but for our continous lack of finishing we should have beaten them.
    Eh dont no about that,

I thought Bray would go down automatically with Drogs and Galway in the Playoffs but Galways win on Friday really messed my thinking up, so now i think it will be ourselves and Drogs in the playoff, Our run in now is very tough and i dont see us picking up many points, I think that a first division team will win the playoff
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Interesting scenario - Bray go down, Drogheda lose the play-offs (let's say). After that, Cork are relegated for failing to get a licence. Who gets reprieved? Bray or Drogheda? Technically, you'd imagine Cork should be deemed to finish last, which would require a new play-off involving Bray and Drogheda.
    The FAI should have an absolutely concrete plan for such an eventuality. If they don't no matter what happens, they'd be accused of bias. Could you imagine the uproar if Sporting Fingal ended up promoted in a situation where the rules were slightly ambiguous? At least 50% of Shelbourne's support would spontaneously combust on the spot!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peadar1987 View Post
    The FAI should have an absolutely concrete plan for such an eventuality. If they don't no matter what happens, they'd be accused of bias. Could you imagine the uproar if Sporting Fingal ended up promoted in a situation where the rules were slightly ambiguous? At least 50% of Shelbourne's support would spontaneously combust on the spot!
    Only 50%

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peadar1987 View Post
    Could you imagine the uproar if Sporting Fingal ended up promoted in a situation where the rules were slightly ambiguous? At least 50% of Shelbourne's support would spontaneously combust on the spot!
    Correct
    They always cheat, they always lie
    **** Delaney and the FAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    If we're not in the playoffs, I'm hoping for a Pats v Shels playoff final. Could be very entertaining!
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    could someone explain the promotion relegation for me, was wondering all day bout it

1 automatic relegation ? and the other a playoff ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    could someone explain the promotion relegation for me, was wondering all day bout it

1 automatic relegation ? and the other a playoff ?
    Bottom in the Prem goes down automatically
    Top in Divison 1 goes up automatically

8th and 9th in the Prem have a playoff
    2nd and 3rd in Div 1 have a playoff

The winner of the Div 1 playoff then plays the loser of the Prem playoff for the right to play in the Prem the next season.

Of course everything goes out the window if clubs start getting relegated for financial problems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    For cork to be deemed last then they would have to have their points removed.

If bohs dont finish top then there is a small rumour that they could be relegated or not recieve a premier licence cos of the salary cap, ( hope they dont and im wrong ).

If cork and bohs dont get a premier licence then there is 2 spots up for grabs from those that did.
    UCD as it stand go up as champions and bray relegated as bottom in premier.
    Winner of play off final in premier with the premier play off loser possibly getting a reprive and second in the first getting promoted if granted a premier licence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Bray automatically relegated. Drogheda to finish 9th. However, I think they'll beat the 8th place team. They have incredible spirit. Even though they'll be playing away from home Id fancy them to beat the 8th placed and survive the 2 legged game v ? Shelbourne. Therefor, I hope we don't finish 8th. 8th is too close to call. Galway have points in the bag so I think it'll come down to the last day of the season between us and Pats. Hopefully, we will prevail. We are playing lovely football and could win the cup but we'll see. Bohs are in serious financial trouble sadly and I hope they survive and aren't relegated. Their attendances are the problem. Top class team playing beautiful football and yet the crowds won't come. Like Shelbourne. They gambled on beating Red Bull Salzburg and it nearly worked. Now they are in dire straits. Sorry for rambling off topic but themselves and Cork might end up relegated and rest of us including Bray will be safe!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I can see Drogheda coming last with Bray making the play-offs. I think Bray will beat Dundalk on Tuesday.
    Neale Fenn on retiring: 'I think once you finish you might as well finish rather than making all sorts of comebacks.'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Lets face it lads, no1 is gonna get relegated off the pitch. The FAI have already shown that they'll do whatever it takes to make it work for Cork and Bohs, Bray to go down automatic. Drogheda to lose the playoff and go down with em.
    Lets redefine what it means to heal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast