Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Drogheda to become a "Community Club"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    This sounds well dodgy, and it mightn't be .... the board may have the best of intentions and it could be just an extended handover period. But that said, i mentioned this to a few self proclaimed barstoolers in work and they laughed. Now the same bunch of lads would be naturally sceptical it has to be said but they had a point .... it sounds like a rip off.

With nothing safeguarded legally then the supporters CandB should really be reviewing what they are doing, consider arbitration and other measure to make sure they are not getting done, or enabling themselves to get done, or take responsibility and not leaving the potential/temptation to get done.

No one is saying that something like this shouldn't work, i'd be a complete optimist and love the idea of something like this taking off, but not doing it properly is doing a huge injustice to all parties, all stake holders in fact. And remember fans who aren't members of C&B or the supporters club or anything but are still Drogs fans dont deserve to go through all this stuff again.

Cop on, dont dive in, do it right, the world is your oyster !!
    Why should " COP ON " ? Lets get something straight lads the members of cab and the Duisc have the clubs interests at heart at nothing else and wont be taking on club debts and wont be taken for mugs .Everything possible step will be taken to do what is right for the football club ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    For a moment there, I was startled at the idea that the Criminal Assets Bureau might be looking at Drogs.
    "And please can you all give a big Louth welcome to tonights sponsors, the 'Criminal Assets Bureau' !!!!"
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndrog View Post
    Why should [we] "COP ON"?
    Because it seems like you (C&B) need to. And thats not taking a dig or anything. Its just it seems that you are taking things at face value, and not even that (because as i already said, the board may have the best of intentions) you seem to be leaving it wide open for abuse.

Lets get something straight lads the members of cab and the Duisc have the clubs interests at heart and nothing else
    Man, thats straight as a dye, i have the message loud and clear, and i love it. Its brilliant to see it, and you club will thrive on this.

and wont be taking on club debts and wont be taken for mugs.
    But it seems like you will be taking on their debt. Everything thats been said seems to point at that anyway. Have debts been discussed? I dont know what C&B are getting in return, and thats my issue.

I think you are being taken for mugs, thats why i am posting this. Have you sought legal advice on this? Do you know what you are entering into legally etc.

Everything possible step will be taken to do what is right for the football club ..
    I wouldn't doubt it for a second.

And, ndrog ... there is nothing wrong with asking questions, and the more questions that are asked will enable this to be a success. Open and clear discuss and then agreement on what you are signing up to with everything outline with no ambiguity will ensure its the right thing for everyone involved.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lads, without going into too much detail, as this is purely at the proposal stage, noone is being taken for a ride and there is still a bit to go yet before anything is set in stone.

A lot of logistics to be worked out before anything is signed.

We'll (DUISC/C&B club/DUFC) have more news shortly regarding what developments are happening.
    Forzadrogs.....A blog by a Drog with an opinion!

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    How much debt can there be one year on from examinership? Surely DUFC hasn't screwed it up again that fast?
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drogman. View Post
    Lads, without going into too much detail, as this is purely at the proposal stage, noone is being taken for a ride and there is still a bit to go yet before anything is set in stone.

We'll (DUISC/C&B club/DUFC) have more news shortly regarding what developments are happening.
    This lad is everywhere. Is he one of the Noone's from Donegal.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drogman. View Post

Ok, that sounds a bit better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    How much debt can there be one year on from examinership? Surely DUFC hasn't screwed it up again that fast?
    Is that a serious question

Exhibit 1: Tom coughlan and cork City fc,,,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    It was actually. But all the talk seemed to be of doing it right there this time round, and I haven't heard anything much to the contrary.

If they really are in debt again Hoey and co. should be run out of the place.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    It was actually. But all the talk seemed to be of doing it right there this time round, and I haven't heard anything much to the contrary.

If they really are in debt again Hoey and co. should be run out of the place.
    Vincent Hoey (or "and co.") haven't been on the board post examinership. Now they are willing to give all their shares to the fans, for nothing - except membership of the CandB club.
    It was also clarified that if the club went to the fans it would only be with no debt.
    Hunky Dorys Park - could be worse, we could be going to Old Trafford every other week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    So who is running the club currently?
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    A board of management since we came out of examinership - Sean Connolly arrived a couple of weeks ago as general manager or CEO or something.
    Hunky Dorys Park - could be worse, we could be going to Old Trafford every other week

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    personally speaking im in both the DUISC and the C&B club and id trust those running both not to be taken for any ride and do it properly.to my understanding while both groups want the best for the club they dont cross over in terms of people involved at the top of both groups.to me thats a good thing the more sensible heads together the better

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    A public meeting to shape the future of Drogheda United will take place in the Tommy Leddy Theatre in Drogheda at 8pm on Wednesday 28th October. All are welcome. More details on www.CandB.ie

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    Running a football club isn't the rocket science most club boards appear to try and make it!
    Half right - if the finances are available it is pretty startighforward running a club. If not, then its completely different animal.

Clubs do not simply get it wrong, or fail to spot difficulties. Look at this from a clubs point of view - the expenditure side is decided at the start of the year and 70% of this is wages. The other 30% is something that probably can't be reduced by anything significant if things get tight.
    Now half way tthrough a season the window opens, giving a chance to redcue the wage bill. Say this is reduced by half, then over the year, costs will have fallen by under 20% for the year.

On the income side, again decided at the start of the season, but based on deals done, anticipated gates, anticipated sponsorship, anticipated fundraisers etc. Clubs budget for a small surplus, or if they are carrying a loss from the previous year to reduce this. Clubs do not anticiapte large profits, and if they did fans expect it to used to strengthen the team.
    But, the problem is that the expected income invaribly falls short. And in Ireland, what happens is that every area of income starts falling short compounding the problem, and with very little opportunity to reduce the costs. Basacially this has been the norm for the majority of clubs.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Fantastic idea Drogheda and best of luck with it. Have to say was chatting to some of your supporters at the Rovers game in Tallaght and they reckoned it was the only way forward. Will be interesting to see how it develops, hopefully for the fans and the club they can get it right.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galwayjames View Post
    A good move by Drogheda, it's obvious they are following Rovers.

Correct, The Sligo Rovers co-operative was set up in 1988

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    504 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph75 View Post
    interesting development
    the most pointless post i have eer read!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123