Thread: SARI Press Statement concerning Ndo Incident

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    Actually their policy is very clearly stated here:
    http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/about/r...discrimination

Outside of this website the incident has not gotten any coverage in the national media, the wider public are oblivious. If Shamrock Rovers issued a statement the only possible effect I can see is to placate some of the louder protestors on here, other than that it would just be negative publicity for the league. If this was a serious incident of sustained or even clearly audible abuse it would have been widely reported by now (the national media have never needed an excuse for negative publicity on the league of Ireland), as it is there has been no official complaints made, by the allegedly abused player, his club, the FAI or the Gardaí.
    I'm sure Rovers will be reinforcing their stance on racism at the next game and will be continuing their work with show racism the red card, as everyone agrees racism is abhorrent in all it's forms. I still don't see how a statement from Rovers would help matters. I'm sure if the culprit/s can be identified they will be banned and when this happens I'm sure a press release will issue to show that the club is actively combating racism.
    Perhaps you could let us know WHAT action(s) SRFC took after the racial abuse that occurred at Dalymount earlier in the season ? If your point is to be accepted then clearly the club would have taken some action after the earlier incident (it would benifit SRFC if they let people know they took action). unfortunately I suggest no such action occurred and the result of sweeping it under the carpet was the repitition that happened in Tallaght.
    the fact is this is not a first offence and to date SRFC have done nothing to distance themselves from what happened (except of course for some fans to attemp deny it happened or blame fans of other clubs).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Agree we could go around forever in a circle on this.To answer your question I simply don't know whether it did or didn't happen, therefore no point in engaging in conjecture as to what the club or the FAI should do.
    So to help you decide whether or not it happened - for the third time, what level of proof do you want/need here ?

A time machine to teleport you back so you can stand in the crowd and hear/see if for yourself perhaps...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    So to help you decide whether or not it happened - for the third time, what level of proof do you want/need here ?

A time machine to teleport you back so you can stand in the crowd and hear/see if for yourself perhaps...?
    "there is none so blind as those that will not see"

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishSource View Post
    When Rovers fans get jailed for attacking a pub based on the racial background of it's clientele, then you can take the moral high ground.

Touché!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I thought I'd already answered this.... I've stated that until there is proof provided that is of a factual nature that can't be disputed then this is nothing but conjecture etc.... it's not up to me to decide what format proof should take rather it's up to those who are making claims that Ndo was abused to provide statements information etc. to the Gardai/authorities who can then decide if there is anything to investigate .... thus far IMO they have failed to do that in relation to the alleged incident.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    When Rovers fans get jailed for attacking a pub based on the racial background of it's clientele, then you can take the moral high ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by theneutral View Post
    Touché!!!
    erm, not really, much as you would like to think so oh neutral one.

Again, the actions of a tiny minority (sound familiar) of the bohs fans that travelled that we, as a club and fanbase, were hauled over the coals for. The perpetrators got their punishment, and rightly so.

The vast majority of decent fans did a collection for the pub owner in conjunction with the club who, themselves, condemned this incident outright.

And just to add that religious or political affiliation is not a race.

Touche? Whatever.

Racist comments will be made in every ground in the country, sadly there's not a lot that can be done about that. It happens in Dalyer, it'll happen in Tallaght and will happen at every other ground. I've twice heard Harpal Singh being given racist abuse by fans of one particular club (not Rovers) but to say that it's part of a systemic racial problem at the club is laughable. When it's thousands, hundreds or even dozens involved in the abuse then you can expect clubs to be held responsible, when it's ignorant comments shouted by an unidentifiable knuckle dragging moron then it's not. I think I've made some pretty reasonable points throughout this thread, there's no point continuing if Sheridan is going to compare us to a Neo-Nazi group, fans of Bohs/Sligo/Sheridan are going to say Rovers don't have an anti-racism policy (despite dedicating pages in their programme and website to it, reading out an anti-racism message before kick-off and being involved in numerous anti-racism community programmes) and if you're now trying to suggest that there is a widespread and continous racism problem at Rovers.
    That simply isn't the case, and you know it.

Like I said this is getting ridiculous so I'm not going to bother make the same sensible points again in the face of ridiculous comments/provocation from the usual parties.
    i wont stand by and let Calcio Jack assert that there is no evidence of this incident occurring, or let Rovers fans imply that this was a one off that should be ignored. Regardless of the intelligence or sensibility of your posts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    I thought I'd already answered this.... I've stated that until there is proof provided that is of a factual nature that can't be disputed then this is nothing but conjecture etc.... it's not up to me to decide what format proof should take rather it's up to those who are making claims that Ndo was abused to provide statements information etc. to the Gardai/authorities who can then decide if there is anything to investigate .... thus far IMO they have failed to do that in relation to the alleged incident.
    Your'e still not answering the question though.

What "proof of a factual nature" can there be for something that a collection of individuals allegedly did/said in the past ? All there can be is witnesses and recordings of the said incident - both of which appear to exist.

Beyond those, what other type of factual proof are you expecting there to be ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Your'e still not answering the question though.

What "proof of a factual nature" can there be for something that a collection of individuals allegedly did/said in the past ? All there can be is witnesses and recordings of the said incident - both of which appear to exist.

Beyond those, what other type of factual proof are you expecting there to be ?
    I have answered it perhaps not to your satifaction but that's my answer... I'm not an investigator a prosecutor or a judge... we have what's known as due process and factual proof provided by that process is what is required,it's not up to me or any other citizen to choose to bypass that process...albeit some here appear to think that's ok.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    I think this one's going round in circles at this stage. People have drawn what conclusions they will, and further debate won't change it. Thread closed, if only so I don't have to keep an eye on it any more.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678