Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SARI Press Statement concerning Ndo Incident

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
    And the worst thing is that if it was Bohs fans that made racist noises, half of the posters here would be making exactly the opposite points.
    What he said. Couldnt agree more!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    And the worst thing is that if it was Bohs fans that made racist noises, half of the posters here would be making exactly the opposite points.
    I object to this. I've been a campaigner against racism and fascism for fifteen years and you have no evidence to suggest that it would be the case for anyone else.
    Last edited by BohsPartisan; 13/10/2009 at 5:23 PM.
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMcC View Post
    But SRFC have scored an own goal by not taking the initiative when this came out. Now, if they release a statement it will be perceived as reacting to the pressure brought to bare from the SARI statement and a cynical attempt to cover arse, which will make the board of SRFC appear quite weak and (probably not true but) soft on racism especially from their own support . Big error.
    What they want is for this story to go away (hence the closure of the thread on their board and the actions of their people on here in attacking posters rather than dealing with the issue), but that's not going to happen now. By their inaction in this case compared to the Michael O'Leary incident, and their failure to uphold that public pledge not to allow racism at "any of their matches" (home or away, presumably!) they have already depicted themselves as soft on racism.

It's clear that they must comment, albeit that they've lost to opportunity to be seen to do so for the right reasons; it's the nature of those comments which will colour public perception. If they are exculpatory, reserved or mitigating in nature, the club will seem self-serving and cynical. Perhaps the only statement which can retrieve the situation now would be one utterly condemning both this specific manifestation (important) of racism and all such manifestations, accompanied by a cast-iron pledge to deal pro-actively with such occurrences in future, and a commitment not to contest or appeal whatever punishment is meted out to them.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohsPartisan View Post
    I object to this. I've been a campaigner against racism and fascism for fifteen years and you have no evidence to suggest that it would be the case for anyone else.
    I imagine he has the evidence of the last time Bohs fans were accused of racism. We're not talking about some theoretical model of economics or something here. It's happened before, and unless Battlestar Galactica lied to me, it'll happen again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    I imagine he has the evidence of the last time Bohs fans were accused of racism. We're not talking about some theoretical model of economics or something here. It's happened before, and unless Battlestar Galactica lied to me, it'll happen again.
    What evidence? What time? Imagine?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Not at dig at you personally BohsPartisan, but I'm sure that if anyone could be arsed trawling through the web it woud be quite possible to find Bohs fans who were somewhat less vehement in their anti-racism around the time of the McGuinness incident than they are now. Likewise I'm sure you'd find examples of hand-wringing 'shocked and disgusted' Rovers fans at that time who are noticeably quieter this time.

You might struggle to find a Sheridan fulminating, quoting from Bohs anti-racism bumf, etc etc etc etc etc around that time too.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    As no-one tried to bury that story and the club took a stance immediately, it wasn't necessary.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    Not at dig at you personally BohsPartisan, but I'm sure that if anyone could be arsed trawling through the web it woud be quite possible to find Bohs fans who were somewhat less vehement in their anti-racism around the time of the McGuinness incident than they are now.
    I'm sure; I imagine; If...

This post from yourself and those from John83, Schumi and the"neutral" are nothing other than conjecture and speculation. When are those posts going to be deleted the way mine were in the other thread?

McGuinness was widely condemned for his actions by Bohs fans. You won't find any posts on our forum trying to condone what he did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Most Boring. Thread. Ever.

Fact....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

The difference between the two cases (McGuinness and the SDCC ground incidents) is the reaction of the clubs. bohs board (and manager) apoligised immediately about what happened and made clear the club view on racism. At no stage did Bohs try to brush it under the carpet and despite a severe ban for the player (5 games on top of the automatic 1 the club imposed) there was no appeal.
    Contrast this with the deafening silence from Tallaght after yet another rascist incident and tell me if you cannot see a difference.
    Individual posters are not expected to stamp out racism (although as fans we should stand up to it ) but clubs are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    I'm sure; I imagine; If...

This post from yourself and those from John83, Schumi and the"neutral" are nothing other than conjecture and speculation. When are those posts going to be deleted the way mine were in the other thread?
    No, BP, it's laziness, and boredom with the stupid Bohs-Rovers crap we've seen over and over again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post
    Ok, people want something done about this? Let's make a start. I've emailed Shamrock Rovers about the incident and their lack of public action, and CCed the FAI and MNS. We'll see what kind of response I get, if any.

Oh, and thanks for reminding me of the Michael O'Leary incident there, Sheridan. Nice bit of cannon fodder.
    Predictably enough, I have received no response yet after a day and a half. The silence is deafening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post
    Predictably enough, I have received no response yet after a day and a half. The silence is deafening.
    What are you doing emailing MNS? And just what sort of response to you expect from them? They're a bloody TV show ffs.
    Or are you more interested in trying to maximise negative publicity for Shamrock Rovers? Surely that's not behind some of the comments in this thread?
    Last edited by Jicked; 14/10/2009 at 2:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I emailed Shamrock Rovers Football Club, and CCed MNS along with the FAI. I would expect them to say they are doing everything in their power to find the culprits.
    Shamrock Rovers themselves are the ones bringing negative publicity upon themselves by hoping this will go away.
    As an aside, is anyone surprised that there was no mention of this on MNS this week?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kd16 View Post

i was in dalymount for the salzburg game this year. I sat at the shopping centre end of the connaught st stand and there was a group of 10 or so bohs fan standing up the back behind me who racially abused the two black salzburg players (the keeper and the left winger if i remember correctly). No monkey noises granted, but they had racial insults thrown at them on several occasions during that game. By an absolutely tiny minority of bohs fans who were there of course
    retract retract retract!
    We must see your evidence for these unsubstantiated allegations!
    Infraction infraction infraction!:d
    we have ways of making you talk!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Why did you CC MNS though?
    You wanted it mentioned on their show that someone uploaded a youtube video in which apparent monkey noises can be heard at one stage for a few seconds during a game. Next week I look forward to their exposé on a fight outside United Park after someone was drunk, or opposition fans bus windows being smashed outside the Brandywell with reports from an internet messageboard.

Every Rovers fan has condemned the youtube video. It was a small handful of knackers making a stupid and pathetic noise. I'm sure Rovers, their stewards and the Gardaí have all had words about trying to identify and reef out anyone caught doing anythign similar in the future. As has been noted above it has happened all over, there'll be nothing to stop someone in Croke Park tonight making a snide comment or three or four p!ssed up idiots trying to start the Adebayor chant about a black opposition player. It's stupid, it's pathetic, it's not acceptable. But don't expect a Charlie Bird investigation on the back of it. Like I said everyone has condemned this rather stupid behaviour, If the club knew who did it I've no doubt a life ban would be iissued and I'm sure the club and matchday staff will be looking at how to identify such in future.
    Of course that's not half interesting enough for the usual smattering of Bohs fans, Sligo Rovers fans and Sheridan trying to maximise negative publicity about this, owing to the fact that they don't like Shamrock Rovers very much (or in Sheridan's case is simply a freak of nature).

I could have told you before opening this thread that it would be Bohs fans, Sligo fans and Sheridan comparing a day out at Tallaght Stadium to the Berlin Olympics. Sure enough you have Bohs fans organising a response from SARI, Sligo fans emailing TV shows for some bizarre reason and I can only imagine what Sheridan is up to, sadly I have him on ignore but considering he was laughably suggesting Rovers are killing people last week I'm sure it's priceless.

Oh, and way to go with the MNS being biased re: rovers dig. That's my particular favourite of all the Bohs/Sligo/Sheridan nonsense. I'm looking forward to someone totting up the amount of screen time each team has had and showing Rovers got an extra 3mins of highlights over the season, a revelation to be met with a flood of "Thanks" from Sheridan.
    Last edited by Jicked; 14/10/2009 at 3:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Is there any actual proof that this incident occured , ?? on the basis that even SARI refered to it an as "alleged incident" I assume there isn't....

so calls for fines/points deductions/responses to emails/statement from the board of SRFC etc. are IMO somewhat ott and smack of desperation/bitterness on the part of a number of posters here especially Sheridan who IMO would be better served by applying the same energy to trying to figure out what motivates his apparent obsessive passive hatred of SRFC and then finding a way to mitigate it thereby freeing himself from it's corrosive effects.... or as some might put it "get a life"
    Last edited by Calcio Jack; 14/10/2009 at 3:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    I think people should leave the Boco incident seperate to the Ndo incident, we (Sligo Rovers) have moved on from that, and so should Shamrock and Bohs fans with the Ndo craic. Looks like nothing will be done over the Ndo incident, so just forget it and move on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    Why did you CC MNS though?

You wanted it mentioned on their show that someone uploaded a youtube video in which apparent monkey noises can be heard at one stage for a few seconds during a game.
    Yes, I do want it mentioned and discussed on MNS, just like the McGuinness incident was. Every other issue of importance this season has been discussed on MNS, this should be no different.

Next week I look forward to their exposé on a fight outside United Park after someone was drunk, or opposition fans bus windows being smashed outside the Brandywell with reports from an internet messageboard.
    Things like that are nearly always unsubstantiated. One person says something happened, another says nothing happened. There is video evidence of the racial abuse towards Ndo. That is undeniable.

Every Rovers fan has condemned the youtube video. It was a small handful of knackers making a stupid and pathetic noise. I'm sure Rovers, their stewards and the Gardaí have all had words about trying to identify and reef out anyone caught doing anythign similar in the future. As has been noted above it has happened all over, there'll be nothing to stop someone in Croke Park tonight making a snide comment or three or four p!ssed up idiots trying to start the Adebayor chant about a black opposition player. It's stupid, it's pathetic, it's not acceptable. But don't expect a Charlie Bird investigation on the back of it. Like I said everyone has condemned this rather stupid behaviour, If the club knew who did it I've no doubt a life ban would be iissued and I'm sure the club and matchday staff will be looking at how to identify such in future.
    That would be fair enough. However, if that's the case, why haven't the Rovers board said anything like this?

Of course that's not half interesting enough for the usual smattering of Bohs fans, Sligo Rovers fans and Sheridan trying to maximise negative publicity about this, owing to the fact that they don't like Shamrock Rovers very much (or in Sheridan's case is simply a freak of nature).

I could have told you before opening this thread that it would be Bohs fans, Sligo fans and Sheridan comparing a day out at Tallaght Stadium to the Berlin Olympics. Sure enough you have Bohs fans organising a response from SARI, Sligo fans emailing TV shows for some bizarre reason and I can only imagine what Sheridan is up to, sadly I have him on ignore but considering he was laughably suggesting Rovers are killing people last week I'm sure it's priceless.
    Nothing at all to do with the club I support. However, if this had been, say, Dundalk involved, I'm sure I'd get a snide comment about being bitter towards Sean Connor. I would've had the same reaction no matter what club it was.

You also, for the 2nd post in a row, ignored the fact that the club, to whom the email was directed, gave me no response. Would that be the case if I was enquiring about sponsoring a player, or any other query that might have resulted in money for the club? I doubt that, somehow.

Anyway, that's all I'm going to say on the matter. No point in getting into arguments about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    If MNS do something on this incident, Rovers will be livid. And rightly so.

But in that event, they should be livid with the toads who caused the problem in the first place - not the messangers.

If Rovers - or any club for that matter - don't want to be mentioned in such negative tones on TV, then the answer is to do something to sort the original problem out. TV is therefore a useful tool for forcing action. If Rovers fans don't like that - tough.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast