70 Posts
    But you dont mind them posting Racist jokes on your forum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoops1 View Post
    But you dont mind them posting Racist jokes on your forum
    PM me the links to any of the jokes you think racist and if I agree that they are racist I will delete them.
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Here is one that was on the Bohs forum.

What do you call an Elephant with a Spade???

Dawn French... Bu-dum-chish...

Leave them all up so people can see the digusting hypocrisy being spouted by Bohs fans in particular on here.
    Last edited by hoops1; 12/10/2009 at 11:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoops1 View Post
    Here is one.

What do you call an Elephant with a Spade???

Dawn French... Bu-dum-chish...

Leave them all up so people can see the digusting hypocrisy being spouted by Bohs fans in particular on here.
    While I don't like the joke and will be deleting it during a sweep of that thread, I would have deleted it if I'd seen it first time around, its not the same as racist chanting at a game, and you know it. Stop trying to get around this, I'm not looking for points deductions here I want Rovers to sort out this element.
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Hoop View Post
    I, like 99.9% of all Rovers fans, utterly condemn the scumbag making monkey noises against Joseph Ndo.

Suggesting that this campaign is some kind of spontaneous new found anti-racist movement in the LOI is ****ing laughable. Lets call it what it is, a bitter, jealous, pathetic, planned and deliberately orchestrated attempt to damage SRFC by Bohs fans and others.

Bohs fans who gave sectarian abuse against Mannus at the same match, who singularly failed to do anything like this campaign when one of their own players was involved in racism, who have been posting racist and homophobic abuse against SRFC staff and members on their own forum no bother for weeks now.

You are not fooling anyone.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    That image is doctored, Quad. Those four points represent the four-in-a-row, and the one in the middle is...eh, for Rovers' only League Cup win. They're definitely not fascist symbols, and you're a racist for implying they are.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Hoops Blitz Tallaght Schools with Anti-Racism Message

“In the beginning some of the kids did not even know what racism was,” explains club promotion officer Barry Dolan
    I'd say they're well aware by now!
    Rovers hope that through sports, young kids can meet new friends and people from different cultures. Shamrock Rovers continue to support this anti-racism campaign by not allowing any forms of racist abuse at their matches.
    There you go, a clear commitment broken. Interesting that, for a club which hates racism so much, the notoriously garrulous board has yet to comment on and condemn this vile abuse of the most despicable kind imaginable (yes, the same board which evidently thought a throwaway jibe by notorious motormouth Michael O'Leary more grievous, and serious enough to warrant a press release in response. Apparently racism isn't in the same category.)
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Ok, people want something done about this? Let's make a start. I've emailed Shamrock Rovers about the incident and their lack of public action, and CCed the FAI and MNS. We'll see what kind of response I get, if any.

Oh, and thanks for reminding me of the Michael O'Leary incident there, Sheridan. Nice bit of cannon fodder.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Hoops Blitz Tallaght Schools with Anti-Racism Message

I'd say they're well aware by now!
    There you go, a clear commitment broken. Interesting that, for a club which hates racism so much, the notoriously garrulous board has yet to comment on and condemn this vile abuse of the most despicable kind imaginable (yes, the same board which evidently thought a throwaway jibe by notorious motormouth Michael O'Leary more grievous, and serious enough to warrant a press release in response. Apparently racism isn't in the same category.)
    sheridan, you clearly have a major issue with Shamrock Rovers FC. Every single thread about this Club, whether positive or negative, you make sure to do your very best to tarnish everything and anything possible about them. If it's a positive thread you come on with some bulls**t having a go and if it's a negative thread you dive in there rubbing your hands with glee before starting off on rant after rant.

Your beloved club beat us in a play-off a few years back (then went and died) and that was the catalyst for the waking of a sleeping giant and I think that might be your problem. Deep down you know that the best moment of your life (a former club relegating us) was the best thing that could have happened to SRFC.

You're nothing but a wum. Get over it!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I, like 99.9% of all Rovers fans, utterly condemn the scumbag making monkey noises against Joseph Ndo.

Suggesting that this campaign is some kind of spontaneous new found anti-racist movement in the LOI is ****ing laughable. Lets call it what it is, a bitter, jealous, pathetic, planned and deliberately orchestrated attempt to damage SRFC by Bohs fans and others.

Lets be clear here. The only people damaging Shamrock Rovers here are their own 'supporters' and indeed their own board.

At the very least the board, when faced with this irrefutable evidence of their support engaged in racism should make a comment to the effect that as a club they abhor such behaviour, have worked tiresly to create awareness of rasism in the community as a whole and have taken proactive steps A, B & C to deal with it if it happens again in Tallaght Stadium.
    That I believe would satisfy most level headed people (even Bohs fans). Talk of matches behind closed doors and point deductions are crazy. You cant gag supportes when they go through the turnstiles but you can act if they are seen or heard to do something which is out of order.
    So your reaction on a match night will almost always have to be reactive rather than proactive. Your proactive measures should be in place long before the game anyway.
    But SRFC have scored an own goal by not taking the initiative when this came out. Now, if they release a statement it will be perceived as reacting to the pressure brought to bare from the SARI statement and a cynical attempt to cover arse, which will make the board of SRFC appear quite weak and (probably not true but) soft on racism especially from their own support . Big error.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Bohs fans who gave sectarian abuse against Mannus at the same match, who singularly failed to do anything like this campaign when one of their own players was involved in racism, who have been posting racist, sectarian and homophobic abuse against SRFC staff and members on their own forum no bother for weeks now.

You are not fooling anyone.
    Must start off here by saying I do not want a points deduction for MK Hoops, titles should be won on the pitch

If there was any doubt that the FAI need to take this seriously (and that MK Hoops do not) it is in the reaction on this thread.
    The latest line is that this is all Bohs fans fault (see above) and that they forced SARI to issue a statement.
    The fact is this was NOT "A SCUMBAG" while I do not prerend to know the exact number involved it was a lot more than one.
    This is not a "one off" incident and has happened earlier in the season (all without comment by the club involved).

it is further clear that (as shown above) the club involved and its supporters are unable/incapable/ not interested in dealing with this problem and there is, therefore, an imperitive on the FAI to act on the matter.
    I have no doubt that D24 and his ilk will ignore my views as I am a Bohs fan but can they please explain how we "planned and deliberately orchestrated" this ? After all it is one of your own who suggested getting fans to Dalymount to get it closed down, if you are suggesting the scum that did this are not Hoops then who are they ?

the comment about sectarian abuse is laughable when your fellow hoops are on here boasting about how they sing "orange B********s" songs about Bohs at most games (or are we to turn a blind eye to that as well ?)
    Last edited by marinobohs; 13/10/2009 at 11:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoops_R_Us View Post
    sheridan, you clearly have a major issue with Shamrock Rovers FC. Every single thread about this Club, whether positive or negative, you make sure to do your very best to tarnish everything and anything possible about them. If it's a positive thread you come on with some bulls**t having a go and if it's a negative thread you dive in there rubbing your hands with glee before starting off on rant after rant.

Your beloved club beat us in a play-off a few years back (then went and died) and that was the catalyst for the waking of a sleeping giant and I think that might be your problem. Deep down you know that the best moment of your life (a former club relegating us) was the best thing that could have happened to SRFC.

You're nothing but a wum. Get over it!
    Perhaps instead of critisising those who commented on the matter (for whatever reason) you should critisise your board (not renowned for being media shy) for not commenting on it.
    Sooooooo much easier to blame everyone else perhaps ?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Perhaps instead of critisising those who commented on the matter (for whatever reason) you should critisise your board (not renowned for being media shy) for not commenting on it.
    Sooooooo much easier to blame everyone else perhaps ?
    It was a slightly off-topic aside that has nothing to do with you. Just look at his history on this board if you really feel the need to comment.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    The Bohs fans reaction to this whole episode is pathetic. Two points to make on the matter.

If this had happened last year, as Bohs were romping to the title and Rovers were stuck in mid table obscurity, would the same fuss have been made? No, certainly not. It is becasue Rovers are clearly going places, the one thing Eamonn Dunphy ever got right was when he said noeone in this league will allow anyone else to rise (or words to that effect).

Added to that, I was in Dalymount for the Salzburg game this year. I sat at the shopping centre end of the Connaught St stand and there was a group of 10 or so Bohs fan standing up the back behind me who racially abused the two black Salzburg players (the keeper and the left winger if I remember correctly). No monkey noises granted, but they had racial insults thrown at them on several occasions during that game. By an absolutely tiny minority of Bohs fans who were there of course, a la at Tallaght. Add that to the undisputed sectarian abuse thrown at Alan Mannus last week.

Despite the pathetic mock outrage from Bohs fans, I 100% support Rovers being fined. Calls for stadium bans and points deductions are hilarious and deluded.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoops_R_Us View Post
    It was a slightly off-topic aside that has nothing to do with you. Just look at his history on this board if you really feel the need to comment.
    Were we not looking at your clubs history on this subject ? several rascist incidents (according to your own message board) and not a word from the "shy" guys at SDCCs new ground ?
    trying to shoot the messenger(s) whoever they may be is not making this one go away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    The way this thread has developed is ridiculous.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Period.

And before someone decides to breach another foot.ie rule and question the club I support, I've heard individual Derry fans make loud racist comments a number of times in the last few years, most recently at Dundalk.

Doesn't matter who does it, its wrong and needs to be clamped down on.

Most of the posts in this thread are absolutely pathetic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    does SDCC have any protocol in relation to rasicm in its property
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    This is both an easy issue and a difficult issue.

The first time a penalty like points deduction happens it will be unfair because of other precedents - similiar to the Eduardo dive.

Somebody is going to have the first deduction of points - and it will be unfair and it will be inconsistent but the first time you do this will be the catalyst for everything
    DB Cooper is alive !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    This is both an easy issue and a difficult issue.

The first time a penalty like points deduction happens it will be unfair because of other precedents - similiar to the Eduardo dive.

Somebody is going to have the first deduction of points - and it will be unfair and it will be inconsistent but the first time you do this will be the catalyst for everything
    But the way around that is to announce the punishments, at teh start of the seaosn, before anything happens. Punishments should be laid out clearly before anyone does anything, then they know what to expect and can have no complaints.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    Most of the posts in this thread are absolutely pathetic.
    And the worst thing is that if it was Bohs fans that made racist noises, half of the posters here would be making exactly the opposite points.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast