Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Tonights Latest: 9/10/09

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    The first ball through looked off-side in our game but hey.............Cork lost as well.

We didn't turn up til the 2nd half and we could stil be playing and still lose 1-0.

Almost 14,000 Rovers fans up, it did sound like it in the first half although they did go a lot quieter in the 2nd half when they did a Bohs and sat back.

What a shít season.
    So if you think Bohs are big read this. http://www.astronomy.ie/perpespective.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Very dissapointed with how tha game ended last night. The whole game turned on when Bray won and scored their penalty. After Danny got sent off Bray pushed forward and won. City were looking very comfertable for 80 mins,Bray in truth only started playing for the final 10.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sheao View Post
    Very dissapointed with how tha game ended last night. The whole game turned on when Bray won and scored their penalty. After Danny got sent off Bray pushed forward and won. City were looking very comfertable for 80 mins,Bray in truth only started playing for the final 10.
    We were shocking in the 1st half, might as well been our U20s on the pitch ! 2nd half we were slightly better. Cork actually were not that great themselves, but deserved to be in the lead. We created a few chances in the 2nd half and could have scored from a couple of Paul Byrne headers but as you say the game turned in the last 10 mins, well the last 15 or 20 as Cork sat back as they were happy with a 2-0 lead. After Murphy got sent off, which was the correct decision, i've never seen a team fall apart like Cork did, they just disintegrated. The last 10 minutes i've never seen Bray put so much pressure on a team before and we could have scored more than 3 but from narrow misses and a great save from Dan Connor.

I was really surprised at how Cork fell apart with 10 players, being honest though i was delighted, really needed something from that game last night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Draw was a fair result up in Oriel last night, Dundalk controlled the first half no real clear cut chances for them though, We played alot better in the second half, Bobby Ryan missed a great chance which came back off the post and it was then put in by Dempsey but was called offside, it was a very tight decision, A draw away to Dundalk isnt a bad result so happy enough, but i do think we will be in the Play offs and im not too confident about them either
    Here on a technicality.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Not entirely convinced by the angle....
    Try looking at the 18 yard line

FORMERLY: City till I Die Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Never thought i'd say this, but come on Bohs!!! Get into them vermin toerags!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Good win for Kildare (If only we beat Mervue last week now, curse them and their flukey goal) three great goals really, played well with a makeshift back four as well with the two goals Limericks only real threat other than a few corners (which always makes me nervous from the days of Ryan and Cooper). The ref went pretty card happy for a few minutes but other than that I think he did a fair job.

Was a little disappointed in the few Limerick fans who gave out to our physio though when our keeper get an injury and she legged it down the sideline, when she was walking back they were shouting, "you're not allowed on the pitch until the ref calls you on" for one she wasn't on the pitch, two it looked like a head injury to a keeper and three about 10 minutes beforehand she treated their keeper and carried him off while Pat Scully looked like he just didn't care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Draw was a fair result up in Oriel last night, Dundalk controlled the first half no real clear cut chances for them though, We played alot better in the second half, Bobby Ryan missed a great chance which came back off the post and it was then put in by Dempsey but was called offside, it was a very tight decision, A draw away to Dundalk isnt a bad result so happy enough, but i do think we will be in the Play offs and im not too confident about them either
    I would agree with that but we had at least one or two penalties! Fog didn't help either..
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Candystripe View Post
    The first ball through looked off-side in our game but hey.............Cork lost as well.

We didn't turn up til the 2nd half and we could stil be playing and still lose 1-0.

Almost 14,000 Rovers fans up, it did sound like it in the first half although they did go a lot quieter in the 2nd half when they did a Bohs and sat back.

What a shít season.
    what the story with rovers fans when they scored few pikeys got onto pitch wearing their burberry baseball hats must be the new fashion around tallaght

" football is a simple game "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post
    few pikeys got onto pitch wearing their burberry baseball hats must be the new fashion around tallaght
    .... NO!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post
    what the story with rovers fans when they scored few pikeys got onto pitch wearing their burberry baseball hats must be the new fashion around tallaght
    Uno: Cha..Ching.

Due: Tacchini is soo old hat!
    http://www.tacchini.it/
    " I'll go right up to here,
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
    If we go up, I'll buy you a pint the next time we play you. Looks like our 3-0 win a few weeks ago has spurred you on to some good results.
    If you go up I may be too old to drink pints the next time you play us!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Managed to get to Dalymount, and Bohs fully deserved the win. Drogheda offered nothing. Brennan got dog's abuse throughout, but it seemed to spur him on. One absolutely delightful piece of control from him early in the first half, where he took down a high ball on the right wing, and whipped it in with his left only for it to be just beyond Madden's reach. Deserved a goal, but they weren't long coming. Powell's goal was brilliant, but I highly doubt he meant it.
    Almost as many in watching Derry v Shams as there were watching the live action. Damn barstoolers!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers1 View Post
    .... NO!
    must be your new gloryhunting fans

" football is a simple game "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christo View Post
    Good win for Kildare

Was a little disappointed in the few Limerick fans who gave out to our physio though when our keeper get an injury and she legged it down the sideline, when she was walking back they were shouting, "you're not allowed on the pitch until the ref calls you on" for one she wasn't on the pitch, two it looked like a head injury to a keeper and three about 10 minutes beforehand she treated their keeper and carried him off while Pat Scully looked like he just didn't care
    for a start, the phisio ran onto the field shouting at the ref "ref ref ref" she was on the field and was running twords the kildare keeper (who was wearing an outfield jersey), the ref seeing a pitch invador didnt know what to do so stopped the game.when he stopped the game she was at the 18 yard box. the keeper was "injured" not and was simply killing time. on her way off to her and the forth officail the limerick fans had to remind them both that before she entered the field she had to seek permission. simple as, to which she replied "**** off", This was laughed off by the limerick fans as she was seen to have "balls".

you must remember we were chasing a goal, we had possession of the ball at the edge of the box when the game was stopped, now we had to give the ball to Kildare for them to welly it to our keeper at the other end of the field.

IMO minorities in the EL are over protected by some of their club fans, Women and coloured ppl are seen as holy grails and are deemed to be outside the remit of fans chants, verbal critisisms, etc unlike the white folk who are "game". its not racism or feminism, i like my women and my coloured cousins...its just a bit too PC for me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I would agree with that but we had at least one or two penalties! Fog didn't help either..
    Yeah with the fog and my **** poor eyesight i didnt see the big penalty claim, was it a defo penalty yeah?
    Here on a technicality.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Yeah with the fog and my **** poor eyesight i didnt see the big penalty claim, was it a defo penalty yeah?
    Two penalty claims. First one seemed a nailed on handball by Gavin when he was on the ground (interested to see again it on camera). Second claim late on when Mulvenna was booked for "simulation" (what a daft term) - it looked a bit theatrical the way his arms went up as he went down - hard to say if there was any contact from my angle.

Disappointing game, draw was a fair result - a good point in the circumstances for St Pats - Dundalks incredible poor record against Dublin teams continues played 11, won 0, drew 2, lost 9. Last chance to change that sequence against Shamrock Rovers in a couple of weeks time (the conspiracy theorist will have a field day in the build up to that game!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Pretty sure Gavin handled it, I'm 50/50 on whether Mulvenna dived or not.

Also don't know why Bohspartisan thanked you for that...
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Pretty sure Gavin handled it, I'm 50/50 on whether Mulvenna dived or not.

Also don't know why Bohspartisan thanked you for that...
    I was thinking that myself, maybe he has poor eyesight aswell and he now feels closer to me because of it, I will take it anyway
    Last edited by PartySaint; 12/10/2009 at 12:49 AM.
    Here on a technicality.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567