Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mns: 5/10/09

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CF1989 View Post
    last season down in cork jamie mckenzie was sent off for diving and replays clearly showed he was fouled.
    That was bad alright i'll admit. Its not some much the overturning of it but the learning from it. It would be good to know the the ref reviews his performance and acknowledge they get it wrong. Its never clear if this happens.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Celdrog View Post
    Well you need to appeal it first. Straight red for dangerous play can be appealed.

Nobody can say that Daly studs did not catch Conor Kenna in the face (nobody can say they did, other than Daly or Kenna). Kenna looked fairly shook when he came off after that tackle, which MNS didn't show.
    There is no appeal procedure for automatic one-match ban.

There may be an appeal over any further disciplinary ban for Daly; his thrird 3rd red card each described by media as "harsh".

Daly claimed immediately after the match that he made no contact with Kenna. Footage was inconclusive, but highly suspect, that Kenna cheated.

No comment from Connor on Burn's alleged red card ........
    Sean Connor did comment on Liam Burns yellow card when asked by LMFM. But whats your point - you would be most likely to dismiss his view anyway?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post

Daly claimed immediately after the match that he made no contact with Kenna. Footage was inconclusive, but highly suspect, that Kenna cheated.
    Kenna had blood on his head when he went to the sideline so there was contact. Kenna seems to be a very honest pro anyway and would doubt he would cheat. Shouldnt of been sent of but there was contact and kenna is by no means"a cheat"

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    remember the world is against dundalk too, sure they probably train for a 10 man situation anyway considering its 11 players sent off this season..

super drogs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Sean Connor did comment on Liam Burns yellow card when asked by LMFM. But whats your point - you would be most likely to dismiss his view anyway?
    My point is that MNS had Conor Kenna branded a cheat while Daly was soooo unluckly, Connor threw his tuppence worth on that red card but they never asked him about Liam Burns red card, even though Sadlier said it was a red, among the other things that Dundalk were bold about.

And as for dismissing his view - half the Dundalk fans would so this, never mind the rest of us,
    Hunky Dorys Park - could be worse, we could be going to Old Trafford every other week

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Pretty outragous statement to suggest that it is "highly suspect" that Conor Kenna is a cheat. Daly's foot caught his head, it obviously was not intentional. It was a free kick, maybe a yellow card, but not a red.
    You seem to be blaming Kenna for Daly's foot catching him & Dave McKeown making the wrong decision over the colour of the card.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    My point is that MNS had Conor Kenna branded a cheat while Daly was soooo unluckly, Connor threw his tuppence worth on that red card but they never asked him about Liam Burns red card, even though Sadlier said it was a red, among the other things that Dundalk were bold about.

And as for dismissing his view - half the Dundalk fans would so this, never mind the rest of us,
    No they didn't
    Marco Tardelli's red and black,
    Red and black, red and black.
    Marco Tardelli's red and black,
    He hates Athlone.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Daly won a ball with his boot neck high ,is that not dagerous play?allows for ref to give red but harsh i know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoversHead View Post
    Daly won a ball with his boot neck high ,is that not dagerous play?allows for ref to give red but harsh i know.
    It could be debated about foot high / head low, but this is not really the crucial issue. If the referee interpreted this incident to be a free against Daly, so be it. To give a yellow card against him would be harsh, to give a straight red card is outrageous.

My point is that MNS had Conor Kenna branded a cheat while Daly was soooo unluckly
    Quote Originally Posted by deja View Post
    Pretty outragous statement to suggest that it is "highly suspect" that Conor Kenna is a cheat. Daly's foot caught his head, it obviously was not intentional. It was a free kick, maybe a yellow card, but not a red.
    You seem to be blaming Kenna for Daly's foot catching him & Dave McKeown making the wrong decision over the colour of the card.
    I don't think that anyone outrightly branded Kenna a cheat, but I do think it highly suspect. Michael Daly was adament, post match, that he did not catch Kenna. If that is correct Conor Kenna cheated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Michael Daly was adament, post match, that he did not catch Kenna. If that is correct Conor Kenna cheated.
    So Michael Daly who has had, what, 3 red cards in the last few weeks says Conor Kenna is a cheat who does not play within the rules
    The Drogs must have got those blood capsules from Harlequins

So either Daly is a liar or Kenna is a cheat. I know who I believe, thanks.
    Hunky Dorys Park - could be worse, we could be going to Old Trafford every other week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    So Michael Daly who has had, what, 3 red cards in the last few weeks says Conor Kenna is a cheat who does not play within the rules
    The Drogs must have got those blood capsules from Harlequins

Michael Daly got no red cards for telling lies.

I see you appear to have accepted as fact an earlier posters claim that Kenna had blood on his head - Did you see this? Did he get bandaged or stiched? Did any of the TV cameras or photographers pick this up? Can you explain why in such a big crowd in close confines to the pitch that there was not greater awareness of this alleged blood-letting?

Other then the fact that the referee made a howler, I think you have summed up correctly - either Daly is a liar or Kenna is a cheat

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I don't think that anyone outrightly branded Kenna a cheat, but I do think it highly suspect. Michael Daly was adament, post match, that he did not catch Kenna. If that is correct Conor Kenna cheated.
    While you may not be outrightly branding Kenna a cheat, your choice of the words "highly suspect", is certainly suggestive that you are branding him as such. The TV evidence does not suggest no contact was made. It did not even show Kenna recieving treatment off the field, he certainly was not feigning injury.

For me, from the evidence on the night & on TV, out of the 3 parties involved, Daly, McKeown & Kenna; Connor Kenna is the least to blame. Both players just went for the ball with no intent to catch each other, Kenna with his head, Daly went in with his foot. Daly's foot clipped Kenna's head. McKeown should have just booked Daly but instead he sent him off.
    That's McKeown's fault, not Kenna's.

Maybe Daly does believe he didn't make contact, but when it comes to an accidental kick in the head, I'd tend to believe the guy who's head was involved rather than the word of the guy's who's foot was involved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Same here.
    Neale Fenn on retiring: 'I think once you finish you might as well finish rather than making all sorts of comebacks.'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I see you appear to have accepted as fact an earlier posters claim that Kenna had blood on his head - Did you see this? Did he get bandaged or stiched? Did any of the TV cameras or photographers pick this up? Can you explain why in such a big crowd in close confines to the pitch that there was not greater awareness of this alleged blood-letting?
    Right I'll go one by one - couldn't be bother with multiple quotes
    1. Yes - I was on the terrace side to which Conor Kenna was taken off for treatment
    2. Don't know. I'm not the Drogs physio and I watched the game going on rather than make a diagnosis and offer advise to our physio. He did not come back onto the pitch with a bandage.
    3. Don''t know. I don't work for RTE nor have I asked any of the photographers. MNS showed about 1 minute of a game that went on for about 98 minutes.
    4. A lot of people saw it, a tiny percentage post on here, which is why we don't have hundreds or thousands of Drogs fans on here confirming it.

Now you answer a question - with such a big crowd in close confines to your thug who threw a lighted firework onto the pitch, why did nobody take action and point him out to the stewards or guards? Most of the other questions apply as well, RTE record it, photographers etc, etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Right I'll go one by one - couldn't be bother with multiple quotes
    1. Yes - I was on the terrace side to which Conor Kenna was taken off for treatment
    2. Don't know. I'm not the Drogs physio and I watched the game going on rather than make a diagnosis and offer advise to our physio. He did not come back onto the pitch with a bandage.
    3. Don''t know. I don't work for RTE nor have I asked any of the photographers. MNS showed about 1 minute of a game that went on for about 98 minutes.
    4. A lot of people saw it, a tiny percentage post on here, which is why we don't have hundreds or thousands of Drogs fans on here confirming it.
    Ok you seem to be saying that you say blood on Kenna - if so, thats you and DUFC4Life making that assertion. With all due respect to you, I find it strange that none of the many supporters of both camps that I spoke to in person on the night (in the club bar and later in the Windmill pub) or since have mentioned this.

While I understand why a Drogheda fan would want to defend the character of their player, like it or not, there remains a major question mark about Conor Kenna's behaviour in this incident.

Irrespective of that, the decision by the referee was outrageous and plainly wrong. If common sense and justice does not prevail he could well end up with a ban of 4 matches arising from this travesty.

Now you answer a question - with such a big crowd in close confines to your thug who threw a lighted firework onto the pitch, why did nobody take action and point him out to the stewards or guards? Most of the other questions apply as well, RTE record it, photographers etc, etc
    I have no idea what occured regarding Gardai or stewards, but throwing fireworks or any other object on the pitch is wrong and indefensible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    if referee's just came out and admit if there wrong and say there only human, well all makes mistakes etc then i think alot of people would have more respect for them. fans, players, managers etc.

there afraid to admit when they get things wrong. its been said before but i think referee's need to be interviewd after a game, once they've seen a replay maybe and give their views on the game. would be alot more interesting than the managers giving out about them everytime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    i thought the old derry footage was class, easily know it was foyle tv/derry city and not rte with it. pity all clubs didnt have cameras back then, there would be some library now and we wouldnt need an "archive" section from 2001

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12