Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonight's Troubling Story

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy Bowsie View Post
    Agree with this. But i also agree with one point from the OP and that is that the FAI want Rovers to win the league this year.
    Maybe so, but there's nothing wrong with that.

I want Rovers to win(yes that makes me feel a little dirty) simply to show that a well run club that's not full time can win the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    Maybe so, but there's nothing wrong with that.

??? There's nothing wrong with the governing body of our league showing favoritism to one club?
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohsPartisan View Post
    ??? There's nothing wrong with the governing body of our league showing favoritism to one club?
    Once it affect any actions then no. Now if they actually did anything to try to help this happen then yes, of course there would be somethign wrong with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    A bit rich coming from a Derry fan. The fact is the bottle came from the middle of the Rovers hard core. I'd accept that the majority of them wouldn't do it and would have told the offender exactly what they thought but you can't say the delay had no effect on the penalty taker.
    My point is that Jason Byrne is a professional footballer. To blame a delay in the game for his attempt to kick the ball back to Dalymount Park is disingenuous. He missed. If the delay had been caused by an injury to a player, would that player then have been blamed? And saying, as the OP did, that said delay might win Rovers the lead is plainly absurd.

Obviously the bottle incident is disgraceful, but I willing to accept it's just one person from a crowd of 6000- we've all had that/those idiot(s) in our midst at some time or another.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Rovers.

So a Rovers player who was sent off against us(Galway Utd) refused to leave the pitch and assulted a steward and didnt get banned/fined etc even though the ref seen it and said he'd mention it in his report.
    Meanwhile Shane Guthrie got a straight red and 3 game ban for pushing Dessie Baker who was standing on his foot EVEN THOUGH NEITHER THE REF NOR LINESMAN SEEN IT.
    Any favourtism there??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The only major trouble we had this season was actually with Bohs fans, a bunch of middle aged casuals acting the big man around kids.
    But the average Bohs fan ive always found sound, same as with Shams who I chatted to after the last game, btw this doesnt include the shams wreck the heads on this site.
    So I really dont think Bohs fans here can take the high ground, every club has an element so at least as LoI fans we can appreciate to differentiate between the scum and the supporter.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eamo1 View Post
    So a Rovers player who was sent off against us(Galway Utd) refused to leave the pitch and assulted a steward and didnt get banned/fined etc even though the ref seen it and said he'd mention it in his report.
    Meanwhile Shane Guthrie got a straight red and 3 game ban for pushing Dessie Baker who was standing on his foot EVEN THOUGH NEITHER THE REF NOR LINESMAN SEEN IT.
    Any favourtism there??
    Incompetence -maybe, Favourtism - no.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Real Rover View Post
    The only major trouble we had this season was actually with Bohs fans, a bunch of middle aged casuals acting the big man around kids.
    But the average Bohs fan ive always found sound, same as with Shams who I chatted to after the last game, btw this doesnt include the shams wreck the heads on this site.
    So I really dont think Bohs fans here can take the high ground, every club has an element so at least as LoI fans we can appreciate to differentiate between the scum and the supporter.
    I'm not taking any high moral ground we had a couple of missile incidents ourselves this year but I'm just making the point that it had to have had an effect on Byrne.

What game was the casual incident you mentioned at?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm not taking any high moral ground we had a couple of missile incidents ourselves this year but I'm just making the point that it had to have had an effect on Byrne.

What game was the casual incident you mentioned at?
    It was when we played yee in the showgies, cant remember the exact game now.
    Around 20-30 of your casuals started charging through barriers because some kids were acting the big men but the Bohs lads were all in their 20s and 30s.
    The stewards had to push them back and a few slaps were thrown.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    It was when we played yee in the showgies, cant remember the exact game now.
    Around 20-30 of your casuals started charging through barriers because some kids were acting the big men but the Bohs lads were all in their 20s and 30s.
    The stewards had to push them back and a few slaps were thrown.
    Thats a misrepresentation of what happened. The Sligo lads actually knocked the barriers over and hit some of those standing there upon which they were quite rightly run back down their own end. Much ado about nothing and it wasn't all casuals involved either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thats a misrepresentation of what happened. The Sligo lads actually knocked the barriers over and hit some of those standing there upon which they were quite rightly run back down their own end. Much ado about nothing and it wasn't all casuals involved either.
    Sligo lads, they were kids?
    And they didnt touch the barriers, they were mouthing off and throwing shapes and then a bunch of middle aged men kicked off and charged down the barriers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Sligo lads, they were kids?
    And they didnt touch the barriers, they were mouthing off and throwing shapes and then a bunch of middle aged men kicked off and charged down the barriers.
    Listen I was right beside the barriers. The "kids" (late teens) knocked the barriers down (those barriers are sh1t too you'd want to get something a bit sturdier). The people that were hit and those around them were insensed and ran them upon which half your crowd ran away as if anything was going to happen them. Then the stewards came in and threw a few digs, having done nothing to your lot who started the whole thing, and got a few back. The fact that there were people wearing colours involved who would generally never be involved in anything says it all about the nature of the incident.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Listen I was right beside the barriers. The "kids" (late teens) knocked the barriers down (those barriers are sh1t too you'd want to get something a bit sturdier). The people that were hit and those around them were insensed and ran them upon which half your crowd ran away as if anything was going to happen them. Then the stewards came in and threw a few digs, having done nothing to your lot who started the whole thing, and got a few back. The fact that there were people wearing colours involved who would generally never be involved in anything says it all about the nature of the incident.
    No those kids were like 14 and 15, they are all the sprogs from Maugheraboy, they werent late teens.
    Incensed? There were no barriers knocked down because those kids wouldnt have the balls to do something like that, they were just throwing shapes and mouthing off.
    Then a bunch of middle aged men charged through the barrier and the stewards attempted to push them back and then the Bohs lads started kicking and punching and the stewards threw digs too all the time while the kids ran off.
    The lads who charged through that I saw werent wearing colours so thats why I assumed they were casuals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    A minute ago the Bohs fans were in their 20's and 30's and now they are middle aged men? Get your story straight. There were a few colour wearing fans in the mix and a few not wearing colours but only some of those were actual casuals (if you mean BSC). There was also a member of the board sitting near by who is a bit ban happy and saw the whole thing and no one had any action taken against them for the simple reason that yes the barriers were pushed over. I don't know if the sligo lads intended to push them but they were shaking them and they went over. As I said I was standing right beside them when it happened. It was the stewrds who through the first digs. Sligo stewards have a record of being trouble happy when we're around. One of them was up to it again at the cup replay.
    Last edited by BohsPartisan; 03/10/2009 at 1:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    A minute ago the Bohs fans were in their 20's and 30's and now they are middle aged men? Get your story straight.
    Here I dont need to get any story straight, im stating what I saw, men in their 20s and 30s and IMO men in their 30s are middle aged.
    There were a few colour wearing fans in the mix and a few not wearing colours but only some of those were actual casuals (if you mean BSC).
    I didnt see any colours in the scene.
    But thats not to say there were none.
    There was also a member of the board sitting near by who is a bit ban happy and saw the whole thing and no one had any action taken against them for the simple reason that yes the barriers were pushed over.
    From my perspective the barriers werent pushed by the kids.
    I saw them over by the barriers mouthing and throwing shapes but I certainly didnt see them pushing a barrier, in any case it was a 3 foot high barrier that hardly caused harm.
    If they did indeed push it they should of been told where to go but seeing middle aged fans steaming into a load of kdis and then stewards IMO is a slight over reaction.
    I don't know if the sligo lads intended to push them but they were shaking them and they went over.
    Yet again they were kids.
    As I said I was standing right beside them when it happened. It was the stewrds who through the first digs.
    This I can definetly confirm didnt happen.
    I saw your lot kicking and throwing slaps into the stewards when they tried to push yee back and then the stewards gave as good as they got, deal with it.
    Sligo stewards have a record of being trouble happy when we're around. One of them was up to it again at the cup replay.
    And a Bohs fan trying to take the moral high ground with regaurds stewards.
    Now thats a bit rich since yee seem to go out of your way to employ *****.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

And a Bohs fan trying to take the moral high ground with regaurds stewards.
    Now thats a bit rich since yee seem to go out of your way to employ *****.
    Hey I never praised our stewards, I agree with you on that. I won't get into a pedantic discussion about what constitutes middle aged (I would have said 40's/50's) and it seems we're not going to agree on what happened but suffice to say I'm right and you're wrong.

BTW what does it matter if they were "kids". Schoolies are kids too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hey I never praised our stewards, I agree with you on that. I won't get into a pedantic discussion about what constitutes middle aged (I would have said 40's/50's) and it seems we're not going to agree on what happened but suffice to say I'm right and you're wrong.
    Indeed.
    BTW what does it matter if they were "kids". Schoolies are kids too.
    It just seemed a slight over reaction to the circumstances they way the Bohs lads reacted to a few kids.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    473 Posts
    Just to change the tone of this debate, I found the Bohs stewards very friendly and helpful when I visited Dalymount for the first time earlier this year. I asked one of them where the Bray supporters were being put, and myself and my mate had a bit of banter with him and another steward who was standing nearby, all very good natured, and really contributed to having a good evening.

And who says LOI fans moan all the time?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eamo1
    So a Rovers player who was sent off against us(Galway Utd) refused to leave the pitch and didnt get banned/fined etc. Any favourtism there??
    He was banned for it.
    NL 1st Division Champions 2006
    NL Premier Division Champions 2010
    NL Premier Division Champions 2011

Keep Tallaght Tidy, Throw your rubbish in the Jodi

Ten Years Not Out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Réiteoir View Post
    Once I had a modicum of respect for Rovers - having known a couple of their more "rounded fans" (dfx and Juz to name two)

But after tonight - my views have been set in stone unfortunately.

I hope that club and it's scumbag following who feel it's perfectly fine to assault a Match Official with a missile are well and truly proud of their scumbag following tonight.

If they - God forbid - win the League by 3 or less points this season - then they can give a hearty pat on the back to the scumbag who threw the particular bottle of Coca Cola which hit the Assistant Referee causing the game to be held up when Alan Kelly rightly went over to check on the well being of the AR concerned - thereby delaying the taking of said Penalty Kick - then it'll be as devauled a League win as the "Rubber Medals" debacle involving Pats and Shels.

I fully expect the FAI to turn a blind eye to this - as seems to be their want this season concerning certain football clubs

Sadly, one missile is nothing special in this league. The difference here is that it hit its target. Hardly the fault of all of the club's support, and hardly the cause of Byrne's howler. He'd have more self-respect than to claim that.

I think you're right about the FAI. They are desperate for Shamrock to win the league, but a messy defeat in Tallaght clearly is affecting your sense of proportion in this. It's not over yet.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast