Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Tonights Latest: weekending 04/10/2009

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfx- View Post
    but disappointing to see Kelly have to try usurp Amond from being the headline maker by gifting a ridiculous penalty. Not surprised he gave it...see Sligo fans...it's not enough to just get the 'dodgy' penalties...you have to score them too
    TBF It was a banker penalty.
    So if you think Bohs are big read this. http://www.astronomy.ie/perpespective.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Absolutely brilliant game in Tolka tonight. More worthy of TV time than most of the premier games shown so far this year. Loads of talking points from the ref, in both directions being fair about it. There were always goals in the offing for both teams but I think if Shels had kept pushing after our sending off, they would probably have won it. Sitting back as they did just gave us confidence and I don't think anyone could be too surprised that we got the goal at the end. As GalwayRed said, it was a good crowd and a decent atmosphere too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    Full Time Monaghan United 2 Sporting Fingal 2
    Thank you Monaghan!
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Outrageous decision my from my view. It will be interesting to see the TV footage.

Although my main recollection from this game are the wild celebrations from Drogheda for getting one point at home against a 10 man Dundalk team.

Normal service resumed.
    Wouldn't you be if you scored a last minute equaliser against your biggest rivals?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ARooney28 View Post
    Wouldn't you be if you scored a last minute equaliser against your biggest rivals?

Thank god at least someone picked up on that Are Dundalk fans that daft that they couldnt see the signifigance of us not only picking up a point last night but especially because it was in the last couple of mins .I for one celebrated wildly and have no voice today . Nice behaviour by your fans throwing a firework at our players though . Well done

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ndrog View Post
    Thank god at least someone picked up on that Are Dundalk fans that daft that they couldnt see the signifigance of us not only picking up a point last night but especially because it was in the last couple of mins .I for one celebrated wildly and have no voice today .
    Drogheda did very well to secure the point with the late goal. Naturally Drogheda fans celebrated this equaliser, and fair play to them.

I think the point that WH was making was more got to do with the fact that Drogheda were relieved or maybe excited to get the draw at home to Dundalk, for the second time this season, playing against 10 men.

Over the seasons derbies Dundalk have taken 8 points to Drogheda's 2 - it is pretty clear where any Co Louth bragging rights lie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Drogheda did very well to secure the point with the late goal. Naturally Drogheda fans celebrated this equaliser, and fair play to them.

I think the point that WH was making was more got to do with the fact that Drogheda were relieved or maybe excited to get the draw at home to Dundalk, for the second time this season, playing against 10 men.

Over the seasons derbies Dundalk have taken 8 points to Drogheda's 2 - it is pretty clear where any Co Louth bragging rights lie.
    you are aware of the fact that we put together a team in 3 wks after being on the brink of extinction arent you .Im just happy to still have a football club to watch every fri .If we survive in the prem this season it will be a miracle .I look forward to the day that both clubs are on an even keel , would have been great to have you in the prem for the last 7 years when we winning the leauge etc .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    1 League, and 1 Cup in 7 years - That is some haul of trophies! I applaud you

You were within your rights to celebrate wildly after pulling that match out of the bag cause it was looking like you wouldnt have scored by christmas considering the amount of chances missed. It is good to see that Jamie Duffy is still as good a player for Drogheda as he was for Dundalk...

Sending off was tough, Burns wasnt last man so yellow was appropriate. Not a great game tbh.

Overall disappointing to concede so late but a draw was a fair result, and a good point for Drogheda. It is bit odd being herded across the pitch to get out of the ground!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    The Setanta Cup obviously doesn't count in Dungdalk
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    Ok Setanta cup too - my applause is all the greater

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    ........ being on the brink of extinction arent you ......
    ... in the prem for the last 7 years when we winning the leauge etc .
    I hope you understand the connection!

.If we survive in the prem this season it will be a miracle .I look forward to the day that both clubs are on an even keel ,
    I too hope that Drogheda survive in the premier - and look forward to the prospects of inproving on this seasons 8 points

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post

You were within your rights to celebrate wildly after pulling that match out of the bag cause it was looking like you wouldnt have scored by christmas considering the amount of chances missed. It is good to see that Jamie Duffy is still as good a player for Drogheda as he was for Dundalk...

Sending off was tough, Burns wasnt last man so yellow was appropriate. Not a great game tbh.

Overall disappointing to concede so late but a draw was a fair result, and a good point for Drogheda. It is bit odd being herded across the pitch to get out of the ground!
    No , thats 4 trophies in 7 years with some truly memorable european trips , i dont blame you for not remebering ! dundalk fans can only remember stuff from decades ago And that was a joke before i get banned ! And jamie duffy has been great for us this season , if we stay up he will be one of the reasons we do !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,652 Posts
    gutted. sickened. despairing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Anyone know if the Linfield Derry game is online?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Anyone know where I can get updates on Cliftonville vs Sligo Rovers ?
    Coleman for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    No , thats 4 trophies in 7 years with some truly memorable european trips , i dont blame you for not remebering ! dundalk fans can only remember stuff from decades ago And that was a joke before i get banned ! And jamie duffy has been great for us this season , if we stay up he will be one of the reasons we do !
    Your memories of these occasions will be decades ago too one day you know
    Jamie Duffy is all puff and no product, last season, and any time ive seen him this season. His only significant contribution last night was to make gestures to the Dundalk support which provoked the abuse he got late second half. Bet he is well annoyed at missing that free header from 8yards for the equaliser...

I note you made no comment on my observations on the game so i presume you agree with me

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    He's scored a few important goals for Drogs this season hasn't he?. He was a good player for us when on loan from Rovers in 2007 too.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Linfield v Derry City is an early kick-off at 5:30 today, just in case anyone is planning to switch on their TV at the normal time.

Setanta coverage starts in a few minutes.

Chatroom here: http://www.irishfootienetwork.com/de...hat/index.php3

BBC Sport preview: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...sh/8286983.stm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Setanta Cup latest:
    Cliftonville 1-0 Sligo Rovers

Boyce '10
    Coleman for Ireland

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    And jamie duffy has been great for us this season , if we stay up he will be one of the reasons we do !
    It's good to hear that Jamie Duffy is doing well for you, although not all Drogheda fans I know share your enthusiasm.

In the first 10 games for Dundalk last season Jamie was on fire, and then his form dropped dramatically, being reduced to showboating and fancy-dan runs into blind alleys. In a crucial end-of-season game against Limerick he lost possession needlessly in midfield that led directly to Limericks winning goal - pretty much summed up his form in the second half of the season.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    sligo have equalised dont know who scored

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast