Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonights Latest: weekending 04/10/2009

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    The straight red card for Michael Daly was an outrageous decision - presumably the MNS cameras will show it for what it was.

A few minutes earlier Liam Burns got a deserved yellow card for a "professional foul" - strong protests followed from Drogheda players that it should have been a red.

I have no doubt that this had an influence on the bizarre decision to red card Daly. He won a bouncing ball with Connor Kenna stooping to head it. Possibly dangerous play and a free out, not even worthy of a yellow card never mind a straight red.

Apparently Daly claimed later that he did not make any contact, although Kenna was rolling on the ground clutching his head. Will be very interested to see this on MNS!
    Outrageous decision my from my view. It will be interesting to see the TV footage.

Although my main recollection from this game are the wild celebrations from Drogheda for getting one point at home against a 10 man Dundalk team.

Normal service resumed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Although my main recollection from this game are the wild celebrations from Drogheda for getting one point at home against a 10 man Dundalk team.
    It takes two to tango.

I also recollect wild egging on from your support when your players timewasted. Desperate last few minutes weren't they?

I also hope they find that scumbag who threw a banger onto the pitch, the cowardly little sh*t.

Draw was a fair result. Poor quality game filled with incidents.
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by centre mid View Post
    Jason Byrne misses peno in tallaght, bottle of coke hits linesman, crazy !
    Was that the bottle Jason lost by any chance ?
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroon 7 View Post
    Was Fenlon giving the Mourinho chin up sign to the Bohs fans there?
    It was indeed, funny stuff
    I’m not pedantic...I’m merely overly concerned with minute details.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Was that the bottle Jason lost by any chance ?
    That was Jason Byrnes bottle he forgot to bring it out with him in the second half . Bohs can consider themselves unlucky not to get a point. They lost the battle the war is not over yet
    Hoops1 on the other thread

Near photo-finish...
    A patriot is someone who knows how to hate his country properly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan
    the missile incident prove, scum are scum are scum are scum. They blew their big showcase, well done.
    What game were you at tonight? Sorry I forgot, Home Farm don't play senior football anymore.

The missile incident was our first in 19 months. It shouldn't happen and we'll be punished for it, but it's an isolated incident.
    NL 1st Division Champions 2006
    NL Premier Division Champions 2010
    NL Premier Division Champions 2011

Keep Tallaght Tidy, Throw your rubbish in the Jodi

Ten Years Not Out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Good game at Tolka tonight. UCD are the best team I have seen us play this season without a doubt. They keep the ball on the ground and are a danger every time they go forward. Its frustrating because I know we have the players to play that way yet we still resort to hoofing the ball at times.
    Once they went down to ten men we sat back and let them come onto us. We should have pushed on from there and finished the game off. We have only ourselves to blame for that. We were lucky to escape with a draw tonight.
    Good crowd tonight. 1452. Hopefully we can get similar for our last two home games.
    Also what was the UCD player thinking for the red card? Stupid on his part and deserved to go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    What game were you at tonight? Sorry I forgot, Home Farm don't play senior football anymore.

The missile incident was our first in 19 months. It shouldn't happen and we'll be punished for it, but it's an isolated incident.
    To be fair MyPost it's one every season when you word it without the PR guff and it's way too much, The FAI will need to take a stance over that as it has place in the game esp with its aimed at officials who have a hard enough time of it. They need to stamp it out once and for all and if that means coming down on you hard then so be it.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Decent enough game in united park. Red for Daly was harsh, should have been a yellow for high foot. He kicked kenna in the head. Burns however should have been sent off a minute or so beforehand for a cynical foul on duffy who was clean through. Ref bottled it and was undoubtedly making up for it in a way that only referees can.

Deserved a point at least, should have taken 3 but our finishing was awful.

White Horse - I'm pretty sure the celebrations were for the goal that we scored in the last minute!

Expect another fine for dundalk too for throwing a banger onto the pitch towards the players.Why would you do it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Frank and Irene won't do anything much - Rovers are 'a wonderful advertisement for the league'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    What a vindication of my consistent position during this mass Shams love-in. As I kept telling everyone, and as the booing of Ndo (wonder if the elephant washing song got an airing? ) and the missile incident prove, scum are scum are scum are scum. They blew their big showcase, well done.

Not that bothered about Shams winning the league now, Bohs are clearly a better team and should still pip them. Shams look very tired.
    A lighted banger was thrown onto the pitch by a Dundalk 'fan', just yards away from the players after a mini scuffle, just to put things into perspective. Cowardly little sh*t whoever threw it.

A big fine should be coming Drogheda's way soon.
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf1 View Post
    Decent enough game in united park. Red for Daly was harsh, should have been a yellow for high foot. He kicked kenna in the head. Burns however should have been sent off a minute or so beforehand for a cynical foul on duffy who was clean through. Ref bottled it and was undoubtedly making up for it in a way that only referees can.

Deserved a point at least, should have taken 3 but our finishing was awful.

White Horse - I'm pretty sure the celebrations were for the goal that we scored in the last minute!

Expect another fine for dundalk too for throwing a banger onto the pitch towards the players.Why would you do it?
    The studs were showing I think, so I don't think it's as much of a travesty as the Dundalk fans on here are making it out to be. A very, very dirty team anyway. Mansaram could have easily got two yellows night simply for his behaviour.
    You've got no fans.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    The bottle thrown in Tallaght actually struck and clearly injured the assistant referee, and was thrown with malice aforethought as a result of a correct penalty decision (which wasn't made by the assistant, but I doubt the brains trust in the hooped section figured that out.) That's points deduction and behind-closed-doors stuff.

Also flares lit before the game, with the perpetrators caught on camera.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    The bottle thrown in Tallaght actually struck and clearly injured the assistant referee, and was thrown with malice aforethought as a result of a correct penalty decision (which wasn't made by the assistant, but I doubt the brains trust in the hooped section figured that out.) That's points deduction and behind-closed-doors stuff.

Also flares lit before the game, with the perpetrators caught on camera.
    Wasn't aware that it hit an official.
    You've got no fans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    That's points deduction and behind-closed-doors stuff.
    Won't happen. A fine is all they'll get....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers Maniac
    To be fair MyPost it's one every season when you word it without the PR guff and it's way too much, They need to stamp it out once and for all and if that means coming down on you hard then so be it.
    We will be hit for it, and we will take the punishment for it, and for the flares.
    The missile incident is wrong, but it's our first in 61 league games, so we have by and large cleaned up our act on that issue. Hopefully that will be taken into account when the punishment is doled out.

The FAI are the only ones in football who hate flares. Their advertising slogan is "come to the games, but don't think about creating an atmosphere, or face the consequences."
    NL 1st Division Champions 2006
    NL Premier Division Champions 2010
    NL Premier Division Champions 2011

Keep Tallaght Tidy, Throw your rubbish in the Jodi

Ten Years Not Out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    There hasn't been much of a mention about Galway tonight, but i think their season and the job Foster has done should be acknowledged. I think they were nearly everyones favourites to go down, but they now look pretty safe.
    "Overwhelmed"

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeathDrog View Post
    The studs were showing I think, so I don't think it's as much of a travesty as the Dundalk fans on here are making it out to be. A very, very dirty team anyway. Mansaram could have easily got two yellows night simply for his behaviour.
    Make sure you have a look at the Daly incident on MNS, and let us know your views on "mature recollection"!

The dirty team allegation is a cheap and non-sensical shot. Most would agree that it was a clean and well contested game from both teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    We will be hit for it, and we will take the punishment for it, and for the flares.
    The missile incident is wrong, but it's our first in 61 league games, so we have by and large cleaned up our act on that issue. Hopefully that will be taken into account when the punishment is doled out.

The FAI are the only ones in football who hate flares. Their advertising slogan is "come to the games, but don't think about creating an atmosphere, or face the consequences."
    Totally agree about the flares, that's internal club stuff for you to deal with it as you see fit. I think they should be allowed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Not that bothered about Shams winning the league now, Bohs are clearly a better team and should still pip them. Shams look very tired.
    The day you're not bothered about anything with Rovers will be the day you become a nun. I'll remind you of this if and when Rovers get knocked back off the top.

It was an absolute shocker of a match, never mind for neutrals. Mannus had nothing to do and Murphy had very little to do. Took a while amidst celebrations to find out who the scorer was, but disappointing to see Kelly have to try usurp Amond from being the headline maker by gifting a ridiculous penalty. Not surprised he gave it...see Sligo fans...it's not enough to just get the 'dodgy' penalties...you have to score them too
    Last edited by dfx-; 03/10/2009 at 12:18 AM.
    The Model Club

Tell all the Bohs you know
    that we've gone and won two-in-a-row
    and it's not gonna be three
    and it's not gonna be four
    it's more likely to be 5-1.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast