Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Another Full House At Tallaght

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drogman. View Post
    I slag off Craptown purely for the fun, and not for any hope that they'll go under anytime soon.

I know what it's like to support a team who splashes the cash however real character comes when you come crashing down to earth and have to recover

You'll know all about that soon enough I reckon.
    I wouldn't like to see Rovers go under and I don't know many if any Bohs fans who would. We'd just like them to stay as sh1t as they have been for the last few years.

Can't wait for Tallaght on Friday!
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    When we played Sligo in Tolka this year, the place was a quarter full. When we played Real Madrid and Derry afterwards, Tallaght was sold out. Comparing Tolka to Tallaght is like comparing a tenement with a mansion.
    There was only 17 or 18 hundred in Tolka when we played you earlier in the season, and what would there have been if you had chosen not to lay on all those free buses? When Derry came back into the league they had much bigger crowds but they don't seem to last, so if they do for you congrats.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    There's been a lot of specualtion about Rovers getting carried away with the good will towards the club and good crowds at the moment, people, myself included, have wondered if they might not just end up heading down the same slippery slope of overspending that seems almost inevitable in this league, so I though it was good to see this article this morning;
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...e-1901093.html
    O'Neill and Roche both saying that they won't be rushing into a full time set up and O'Neill clearly stating that he doesn't think it's sustainable or sensible in the current climate, it's also good to see a club talking about a 5-10 year plan rather than survival to the end of this season or next.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    The whole "I hate Rovers" thing is really getting old. They have moved into a new ground, have moved into the present in terms of marketing and fill their ground each home game. Add that to the fact they are challenging Bohs for the title and you have to be impressed.
    I don't personally see where anyone can have a problem with this, I only wish Harps can do the same in the future.

P.S. Don't ya just hate those Rovers guys coming on foot.ie and interrupting our intellectual conversations with talk of football and such, scumbags the lot of them.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We averaged 7-8000 (and probably 10,000 for fai cup games) at the brandywell for 5 seasons two of which were in the 1st division, our away support averaged 4-5000 for our 2 seasons in the 1st division. On some sundays during that period our home attendance was higher than the aggregate of every other loi match played that day put together....beat that rovers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest
    There's been a lot of specualtion about Rovers getting carried away with the good will towards the club and good crowds at the moment, people, myself included, have wondered if they might not just end up heading down the same slippery slope of overspending that seems almost inevitable in this league, so I though it was good to see this article this morning;
    it's also good to see a club talking about a 5-10 year plan rather than survival to the end of this season or next.
    We had our overspending days a very long time ago. It's not something we're keen to return to anytime soon.
    NL 1st Division Champions 2006
    NL Premier Division Champions 2010
    NL Premier Division Champions 2011

Keep Tallaght Tidy, Throw your rubbish in the Jodi

Ten Years Not Out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by apollo View Post
    We averaged 7-8000 (and probably 10,000 for fai cup games) at the brandywell for 5 seasons two of which were in the 1st division, our away support averaged 4-5000 for our 2 seasons in the 1st division. On some sundays during that period our home attendance was higher than the aggregate of every other loi match played that day put together....beat that rovers
    We cant.
    The ground only holds 6,000.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers Maniac View Post
    There was only 17 or 18 hundred in Tolka when we played you earlier in the season, and what would there have been if you had chosen not to lay on all those free buses? When Derry came back into the league they had much bigger crowds but they don't seem to last, so if they do for you congrats.
    I was at the game in Tolka and was very surprised by the attendance that night was expecting a lot more there were 4 buses afterwards ferrying the crowds back to tallaght , I live in Dublin and treat any game we play on the east coast as a home game and try to get to as many as possible I can't understand why more fans of Dublin clubs don't go to away games on their doorstep its not just Shams either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dublinred View Post
    I was at the game in Tolka and was very surprised by the attendance that night was expecting a lot more there were 4 buses afterwards ferrying the crowds back to tallaght , I live in Dublin and treat any game we play on the east coast as a home game and try to get to as many as possible I can't understand why more fans of Dublin clubs don't go to away games on their doorstep its not just Shams either.
    It was a last minute change to Tolka for that game.
    Rovers brought over 1,000 to fingal for the cup game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    i dont understand how the dublin teams that play another dublin team dont have whatever home crowd they get to go to the away game. saying you brought 1000 to fingal for a cup 1/4 final. thats not much really. considering ye get 3000+ to home games.

not singleing out that but any game between dublin clubs, it amazes me how theres not a load more away fans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CF1989 View Post
    i dont understand how the dublin teams that play another dublin team dont have whatever home crowd they get to go to the away game.
    I agree with you there. I don't get why out of the 1,500 or whatever regulars we get at home games, not even half will drag themselves over to Richmond Park for a game against Pats.
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dublinred View Post
    Same as that. I used to even go to the Belfield bowl. Always questioned my sanity when I got there though. Without a doubt the worst atmosphere I've ever experienced in a LoI ground.
    Tallaght has no such problems. Should see it in full effect tonight. Hope the football doesn't let us down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CF1989 View Post
    i dont understand how the dublin teams that play another dublin team dont have whatever home crowd they get to go to the away game. saying you brought 1000 to fingal for a cup 1/4 final. thats not much really. considering ye get 3000+ to home games.

not singleing out that but any game between dublin clubs, it amazes me how theres not a load more away fans
    But you could say that for any league in the world to be fair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by londonhoop View Post
    But you could say that for any league in the world to be fair.
    Not really. In most other leagues tickets are allocated to away fans because games are sold out or close to sold out. Only that amount of away fans are permitted into the ground. In the case of Richmond Park for example, if Bohs wanted to bring 3,000 fans then that wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    lots of moaning going on here........................Shamrock rovers filling there stadium every week , is a fantastic piece of news for the league of Ireland , hopefully fans of other teams will start coming back to the matches.
    Bohs are top of the table , cannot understand how they don't have at least 5,000 at each home game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dong2008 View Post
    Not really. In most other leagues tickets are allocated to away fans because games are sold out or close to sold out. Only that amount of away fans are permitted into the ground. In the case of Richmond Park for example, if Bohs wanted to bring 3,000 fans then that wouldn't be a problem.
    Well it would be a problem as there wouldnt be room for them.
    If they thought the game was due to be a sell out as would be the case......why am i bothering?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by baddebt View Post
    Bohs are top of the table , cannot understand how they don't have at least 5,000 at each home game.
    Because most of their ground is a kip, plus they do fcuk all to market the thing properly and mainly because the Phibsoro is a basically a flatland area with not many young families and most people living there have no sense of identity with the area or the club. Tallaght on the other-hand is a huge working class community with a great soccer tradition and loads of young people and families.

Ive said for a long time, Rovers in Tallaght, Pats in Clondalkin or Lucan, Bohs in Blanch and Shels in Swords is the way to go for a heathly league scene in Dublin!!

bhs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Clondalkin is nearer Tallaght than Inchicore, and is split between us and Pats for support.
    NL 1st Division Champions 2006
    NL Premier Division Champions 2010
    NL Premier Division Champions 2011

Keep Tallaght Tidy, Throw your rubbish in the Jodi

Ten Years Not Out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Phibsoro is a basically a flatland area with not many young families and most people living there have no sense of identity with the area or the club.

That's only partly true, and not true at all of Cabra, which is also on Dalymount's doostep.
    A patriot is someone who knows how to hate his country properly.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Massive game. Ninety minutes to save the soul of Irish football from perpetual dominance by the the FAI- and FF-backed landed gentry in Tallaght. The establishment has had one victory over the people today, let's not give them another one.
    A leading authority on League of Ireland football since 2003. You're probably wrong.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast